LONDON CALLING - Page 41
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 41 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 41 of 44 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 41 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:56 pm

Edward apparated into the duplex for a moment and returned with his axe. If there were werewolves, he would put a stop to any that didn't stand down.

"Uh oh," Michael said. "Edward means business. This is about to get serious." He saw Rowan get set on his butt. "Side stance reduces you as a target but it doesn't eliminate you, Junior. Focus."

Robert and Kate were focused on the flyers, and then Kate was hit from behind and fell like a stone. Robert spun to see more of Gelding's men--lots of them, apparating now from the west side. Robert wanted, more than anything to make sure they didn't kill her, but if he let his guard down, they'd kill him too.

"Rowan, Kate's down. Get her inside," Michael said. Michael sounded his alarm to bring in more reinforcements from Paris. "Heads up, All! We've got lots more company. Behind you! Robert, where's that whirling dervish thing you do? Might come in handy about now!"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3007
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:03 am

Rowan stood back up brushing grass from his ass then looekd at his dad " yeah." he said simply and began taking men down again. Jessie saw teh men aperate in and turned to face them while Jack kept facing to the fround until Jack gave a loud whistle and several more men joined them " Split in two, half to the front, half to the west " he said as he fired again " Robert what about sending for renforcments from paris?" he enquired as he heard the howls from the forest " shit." he said with a howl " wolves are done the weres are on the move" he told Edward " your up Hunter."

Ruby was growing tired her arm ached , it was now she was hit in her thigh sending her crumpling to the ground but she kept firing to cover Rowan with Kate as he helped her to the house then ran back and helped her to her feet again and into the house to sit down next to Kate. " stay" he told both of them then ran back out to take their position and take down more men.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4355

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:17 am

"Already sent for, Jack," Michael shouted.

"Simone, apparate over to help Robert," Edward said, "I have work to do. And this won't be pretty." Angus saw his grandfather change the grip on his ax, and he knew what was coming. His concern was shielding Abbey from seeing it.

"Don't look. Just don't watch," Angus told them seeing Edward taking purposeful strides towards the werewolves. Angus wished with all he had that he could stand long enough to be standing and fighting beside him. Edward took one sweep through the air and dispatched one.

"Ewwww," Sam and Victor said simultaneously. Then after a moment, Sam said quietly, "Cool!"

"What?" Angus frowned.

"We read all about this in history class, but...seeing it, seeing the man you've read about, doing things that everyone considers incredible...that's still pretty cool," Sam said.

Robert decided to try the whirling dervish thing Michael had suggested. Robert had only done it once before, and that had been different circumstances, but they taken down Kate. And that had gotten him angry. He cast a shield around himself long enough to take a stance, start spinning, and then started rapid firing at the enemy that seemed to be in every direction.

"Damn," Victor said, frowning. "That's scarier than Grandpa. I'd be hitting trees and rocks and houses and crap. I wouldn't be hitting any bad guys."

Kate came around and sat up, feeling woozy and headachy. She looked around, trying to get her bearings.

"You're inside," Angus told her. "Where'd they get you?"

"My head, I think," she said. "God, have I got a headache!"

"Ruby, you okay?" Angus asked. The men from Paris began apparating in, careful to give Robert a wide berth, and almost repulsed by Edward taking out werewolves. The men readily joined the fight though, after a moment to get their bearings.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:26 am

Ruby kept her hand on her thigh as she saw Simone wake and look around she staye quiet as Angus told her where she ws. Hearing him ask if she ws okay she looked at him and lifted her trouser leg slightly to show a thin trickle of blood running down her thigh " I think I cut it when I landed " she said " other than that, yes we're fine" she smiled at him.  She had wanted to move to block Abbys line of sight but she felt the sting of pain in her thigh and stayed put on the couch watching the others taking the men down from the inside. 

Jack saw the extra men sperate in to the grounds and he relaxed alittle as he dropped his fourth man to the ground dead. Turning he jumped and slashed another across his throat sending his head rolling to the ground. " remind me not to get to close to you when you have that axe" Jack said grinning at Edward. Rowan kept firing adding protection spells around every one hoping to stop any one else geting hurt or hit again
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:46 am

"I could try a healing spell, but I'm liable to turn your leg into a donut or something," Angus said. Kate accio'd a mini patch kit and sent it over to Ruby.

"Here," she said, "that should help for now." She tried to get up to her feet but got dizzy and fell sideways. Quick thinking Sam sprang up and grabbed her.

"You might wanna sit back down," he told Kate.

"Suppose we're gonna have to start a queue down at sickbay?" Victor asked Angus.

"God, I hope not," Angus said.

"Six feet away should just about clear you," Edward said, returning a grin to Jack. Michael was firing at one of the few remaining flyers, this one who appeared to be gunning for Jess when one of the fighters from the west managed to get a slashing spell on Michael, and they made a slash up from his shoulder, up the side of his neck and up the side of his head above his ear. Michael felt the slash immediately and he felt the blood oozing down the side of his face and down his neck.

"Robert! Stop! Michael needs you right now!" Simone shouted. That brought Robert to a stop. He had taken down several men, but he saw that Michael was going to bleed out quickly if he didn't put a stop to it. "Brian, you're in charge!" Robert shouted. That was his way of telling Brian and the others that he was out.

He apparated over to Michael.

"I'm alright," Michael said.

"When you get your medical degree, then you get to decide that, you git," Robert said. "Nigel, you're with me." Nigel apparated downstairs to sickbay, and Robert apparated Michael there.

"I've got him," Nigel said. "Go see to the women upstairs. See if they're alright." Robert wanted to make sure Kate had survived. He didn't question Nigel. He just went upstairs.

From the trees, Lee emerged and he used a sonorus.

"Attention to Gelding's men, look what I found!" He and Andrew came out of the trees, and with them Lee had Suzanne, of all people, and he had his wand pointed at her head.
"One more wrong move, and it's all over for her. And then how happy will your boss be?" Lee asked.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:57 am

Jack chuckled and shook his head as he fired again. Rowan glanced at Jack only to feel a spell whiz past him turning back it was like cverything was in slow motion as he saw Michael go down. He looked at Marcus but kept his composhure and kept firing seeing Robert aperate to Michaels side , he knew he ws in good hands " I'll get them in the house " he said to Marcus and moved to Robert and Nigel he fired at any man who came close until the firing stopped as Lee and Andrew apeared from the woods with a woman. Ruby looked up and gasped as she saw her mother with Lee and Andrew.

Hobbling to the window as she tried to place a bandage over her wound. " shit, thats mother" she said with distane in her voice. " whats she doing here." she wanted to go out and slap her across the face for puttin them threw all this. " I'll be right back, you two stay right here , please" she said to Angus and the boys. Now with a renewed anger she made her way to the door way and back out her thigh burning feircly but she ignored it. "why can't you just let go and leave us alone, for god sake, all those years you never once had anything to do with me or the boys ...Now you want to fight for them" she called out to her " too little to late..mother, tell your men to leave the grounds and never come back."
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:50 am

"Ruby, you get away from that door right this instant!" Robert was beyond livid, normally able to reel in his temper, but clearly she had acted before she had engaged her brain at all. He was angry enough that he had wanted to shake her until her brain cells started rubbing together again so she could have her wits about her again. "What are you thinking! You just gave it away to them that Angus is not in the duplex! You've just blown our best shot at hiding Angus and the boys all to hell. Have you completely lost your mind! I've got every one of my duty able fighters out there, and you're trying to get a word in? What is the matter with you? Stand down or I'll stand you down myself! And don't you dare make me ask you a second time." Robert had not been so livid with a team member in a very long time.

And with that, Gelding's men immediately spun away from the duplex and changed their assault onto a heavy assault on the main house, knowing that Ruby would never be far from Angus and the boys. Angus sighed heavily. He was the cause of this. He was what had brought them here. As for Ruby, Angus couldn't help her with Robert, not right now. He'd seen Robert fire people for less. She had just made a mammoth, critical error. He could reason with Robert once he had cooled down, Angus was sure, but that wasn't right at this moment. He figured he could reason with Robert in the morning.

Angus wasn't exactly sure either what Ruby had been trying to prove by shouting out the door. This had nothing to do with her, and Angus had tried more than once to explain that to her. In point of fact, Angus believed it actually had precious little to do with Ruby or Suzanne either one. This was about a long, decades long feud between Robert and Angus and Tom Gelding, and Tom also wanted revenge for sabotaging his plan to take the boys. This actually had very precious little to do with Ruby and her mother, and Angus had tried to explain that to Ruby more than once. He understood how easy it probably was for her to get it muddled in her head because it did involve her mother, but had she honestly expected Suzanne to just leave because Ruby shouted some snarky remarks at her? That was her whole plan? He had tried to explain the bigger picture to her, but clearly she didn't believe him. Her words to her mother rang in his head. She still was trying to believe it was a personal thing between her and Suzanne, and Ruby's emotional involvement was now going to risk the very lives of the people in the organization--all the people that he loved. His family. He had half a dozen hairbrained ideas in his head about what he wanted to do to try to draw the fire away from the organization men and women who were under hot fighting conditions, but none of his ideas were things he could accomplish without his magic, and none of them were any more practical than what he had just seen Ruby do. He just didn't understand what Ruby thought she was going to try to accomplish.

After all, Suzanne had chosen her side, she had married the organization's biggest nemesis. The day for talking had long passed. Tossing angry words to Suzanne now was only giving Gelding more ammunition now. And as if the marriage to Gelding hadn't been enough of a final blow, Angus had already demolished most ot the chance of negotiating anything through Suzanne by adopting of the boys to protect them. By herself, Suzanne wasn't capable of this kind of mobilization and strategy. She just, flat out, wasn't smart enough to organize an offense like this one that had come in wave after wave, from every direction, and had penetrated the estate's shields and unplottable spells. No, no, that had not been Suzanne's duty. She flat out wasn't smart enough for this nor did she have any combat strategy experience. This was Tom Gelding's trademark style, and he never gave away control to anyone else. He was too much of a madman to surrender. Suzanne was Angus had seen for himself that Suzanne was certainly no genius.  Truth be told, he was strongly getting the feeling that Suzanne was either being duped by Gelding, which was entirely possible, or that she was allowing herself to be used and taken advantage of because she had no confidence she could manage without someone to provide for her. Angus was almost certain that Gelding himself had deliberately brought Suzanne here tonight to use as bait against Jessie and Ruby and the boys--to try to get some uncontrolled response from Ruby or Jessie or the boys--and it had worked. He believed Gelding himself was here and he was looking for an opening to get to Robert or to him--whichever one he could manage to take down tonight. And by Ruby's impulsive move, she had handed Tom Gelding the intel he needed to know exactly where they were hiding.

"Oh my God," Brian paled, seeing the tide turning to a full assault now on the main house. His three year old daughter was in there. Khaat and Marcus were equally distracted, thinking of Abbey and the others in there that weren't able to fight. Robert, Kate, Angus, Michael, Nigel, Ruby, the boys--it was the best shield they had. Brian shifted away from firing at the fighters and he did his best to conceal himself behind a huge tree and started trying to fire an additional shield at the main house. Three other men from Paris, including Owens, joined him, wanting to try to keep the people inside alive for as long as they could. Brian could only hope now that if the building fell into enemy hands that Robert could apparate everyone out and to safety before Gelding captured them.

"Robert, we have to go back out," Kate called him quietly, her hand to her aching and spinning head. Robert turned and went over to her, trying to repress his anger.

"Let me see," he said, starting to check the damage. "No more fighting for you tonight. You're done." He set a healing spell in motion on the side of her head where she had been hit. "That's going to take a little time, but you should start to feel a bit better by morning." He got her an ice pack from the freezer and wrapped it in a dish towel and gently pressed it to the side of her head. "Kate, look at me. Our situation just got quite serious. We have to evacuate this house because it's going to take a direct assault now. We cannot have helpless and injured people in here in case we're breached."

"The house will hold, Robert," Kate said firmly.

"I hope you're right, but if this house is set on fire or invaded, I won't have time to move these people. We have to send everyone in here over to the farm. There isn't any other choice."

"Alright," she said.

"I'll make a couple trips. I'll go move Michael and Nigel first," he said. "Then maybe you can help me move Angus, Abbey, Ruby and the boys in the second trip. I want you to stay over there and help to look after them and anyone else I have to send.  Once I get the house clear, I'll come back. I still have one more trump card to play."

"What's that?"

"The hostages that the boys brought back earlier. I can and I will use them in this," he said. He kissed her forehead. "I'll be back." She nodded, and he went downstairs to start the first of the evacuations.

Brian had a couple cards of his own that he could play, and he was giving serious thought to using it. As the trainer of the ministry aurors, he could signal them for backup. He had rarely done it, but he was seriously considering it now. It had also occurred to him that Michael had a very active romance going with Daphne, and she was well aware of how much damage that Tom had done on both French and British soil. If Michael was conscious, Brian might be able to get Michael to ask Daphne for reinforcements too. Lee had a card of his own as well. He had control of all the American aurors, and he could summon more backup as well. If Robert's organization began to run thin, Brian, Lee and Michael could possibly summon more men.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:32 pm

Ruby knew he'd messed up..again when Robert shouted at her to stop and sit down." she looked at them and moved back to the couch where she sat down quietly mot saying another word. She also saw teh fliers head in their direction and she hung her head . Rowan looked up and fired off at the men above them knocking sevral off their brooms.

"how did he get so many men" he said glancing over at Edward and Michael. " oh boy , their turning" he said as he turned one to stone and he fell like a rock to the ground. Jack nodded andturned to fire in that direction too taking out three more.

"whose high and whose low" he asked seeing even more men aperate in" don't hit those there ours" he called to Rowan who nodded and looekd at Marcus to find out if he had eheard Jack. Rowan looked at Michael as he switched hands to fire as his shoulder burned like it was on fire. " don't worry Im apidextrus " he told him firing once more.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:57 pm

(i'm going to presume that rowan is talking to one of the other fighters since michael is down in sickbay with nigel, remember?)

"I know," Marcus said, knowing who was with the organization. Anybody who wasn't, so far as Marcus was concerned was fair game.

Robert ran down to sickbay, and saw that Michael was somewhat awake, and Nigel had completed two out of three turns of the Vulnera Sanantur.

"Sorry," Robert said. "We've got to go--now. Right now."

"What?" Nigel frowned. Robert grabbed a stack of white towels off a supply shelf and packed them against Michael's shoulder, his neck and his head.

"Robert, what is it?" Michael said.

"They're starting an assault on the main house, and he's called in two more waves of fighters. We're outnumbered and I've already called in all we've got."

"I can help," Michael said.

"Give me a minute," Robert said. "Nigel, grab onto those towels as best you can and grab hold of him. We're leaving." He ported the three of them to the farmhouse and straight into the room that Michael used when he stayed there.

"Robert," Michael insisted, "I can help. Turn the face of my wrist watch one full turn clockwise." Robert complied. "Now, wait five seconds and do it again." Robert obeyed, and in just a very few seconds, Daphne appeared in the room, porting in to Michael's signal. When she saw that Michael was so seriously hurt, she flew to him, panicking.

"Daphne, it's alright," Michael said, trying to calm her. "Listen. Listen to me--we have to have men. Gelding is attacking our organization over at Brian's place with all he has.. We're outnumbered. We need backup right now."

"Where is this?" Daphne looked at Robert, all business now.

"Not far," Robert said.

"Go with him. I'm fine," Michael said to her. "I'll be here when you get back. You have my word. It looks worse than it is." She looked at Nigel and Robert.

"He's in expert hands. He'll be fine," Robert said.

"Let's go," Daphne said, taking Robert's hand. They ported back to Brian's into the kitchen. Daphne saw Kate was injured and Angus was in a wheelchair, and there was another woman who was also wounded.

"I've got them," Robert told Daphne. "Give me two minutes. Stay away from the windows and I'll be back. You can port your men right into this kitchen and dining room if you need to or outside if you see someone you know that you can take a stand with." Robert turned to everyone else. "Ruby, grab hold of the boys. Kate, take hold of Angus, Sam, grab hold of Angus and don't let go, for heaven's sake. Angus, you've got Abbey. We're leaving."

He gave them all a moment and then he ported them over to the farmhouse kitchen.

"Kate," Robert said quickly, "when Nigel finishes with Michael, have him see to Ruby and you. I'll be back when I can. If it comes here, open up the armory. Use the emergency breach code and open it. Angus and Brian will know what to do if it comes to it."

"Got it," Kate said. "Go. Just come back." He flashed her a smile.

"Always, my love," he said, giving her a very quick kiss and then porting out again.

Kate looked at Ruby and the boys. "We have to be ready to try to hold down the farmhouse if it comes here. If it doesn't, we'll have to be just as ready to take care of a whole lot of tired, hungry, thirsty and possibly wounded fighters. You lot up for that?"

"I can help," Angus said. "When we know whether its gong to come here or not, if it comes to it, I bet the boys can make sandwiches with lighting speed, and I can put together something else. We can do that, while you and Ruby get onto more important things."

Daphne looked out the windows and tried to pick out people she knew. She saw Marcus, She knew him. And there was somebody she didn't recognize fighting alongside him, with enough space she could apparate right in between them and summon her own fighters. She apparated outside, to Marcus's immediate right. and then she summoned her own fighters. What she had missed was that in all the confusion, two more fighters had ported in--Sergio and Ana had arrived, and they had taken stances not far from Edward and, joining him in going after the werewolves.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Sep 23, 2022 11:06 pm

Ruby listened this time and took hold of Sam and Victor as Robert ported them all to the farm house. she found a chair and sat down in it heavily. Looking at Kate she nodded " we need food and warm drink and..and.."she paused wincing at her own injury and stupidaty then softly cursed as she realised she could not help in the kitchen just yet, well until her wound was healed.

Rowan looked at Marcus just as a woman ported in she was firing at the men coming towards them so he assumed she ws on their side " Marcus , whos this?" he asked motioning to the woman next to him. "shes a good shot." he complimented her then saw Sergio and Ana had arrived, " thank god re-enforcments." he said still firing away.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 41 of 44 Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top