LONDON CALLING - Page 39
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 39 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 39 of 44 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 39 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Robert Lupin Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:40 pm

"It's great," Sam said. "Kate showed us how to do some pottery, and she's set us each up an easel so we can paint, and she's teaching us how to sketch."

"I wanna make stained glass. I get to learn to do soldering and everything," Victor said.

"We have a kid that's excited by getting to play with fire and sharp glass," Angus laughed. "And another that's excited by playing in mud."

"Well, you're close," Kate laughed. "They're doing very well, actually. They're very smart, so they're going to take to it easily. They came with me to the barn to feed the animals this morning, and Victor has an offer to go fishing with Andrew this afternoon."

"I'm gonna go climbing with Michael," Sam said. "I told him I'd get to the top of the tree before him."

"Well, you can certainly try," Angus said. "What did Michael say when you said you'd get there before him?"

"We made a bet on it. I bet him an ice cream float that I could get there before him."

"So if he wins, you make the floats?"

"Um...no. You do," Sam said awkwardly. Angus laughed out loud. He knew Michael would not be outdone by a kid, so he felt pretty safe.

"Okay. That's fine with me," Angus said.

Edward and Simone arrived in the cemetery and she showed Edward where Maurice's grave was. They spent a moment, each of them, and they left their bouquets like they had with Caprice, Simone left her bouquet, and then stepped out of the way for Edward. Edward crouched down, laid his bouquet and thanked Maurice for taking such good care of her, and he promised to always protect her, take care of her, and love her.

As he was speaking, someone fired rapid wand shots at both of them. They both fell to the ground. Simone woke only a mere moment later, blood running down her face and into one of her eyes, and she saw Edward wasn't moving. She saw several figures dressed in black that were coming out from behind the trees. She couldn't begin to defend them against so many. She counted at least five, but she got the feeling she hadn't counted accurately. She began to panic. She didn't know if Edward was alive or not, but every cell in her body wanted to run. She clutched onto Edward's hand tightly, and with her other hand she clutched her portkey and ported home, landing back at Brian's in the backyard midway between the main house and the duplex. She scrambled to turn Edward over onto his back, hoping he was still alive.

Marcus was taking his plate to the sink when he saw Simone and Edward port in, and They were both down.

"Heads up! Trouble!" Marcus shouted. He apparated immediately to Edward and Simone. Angus looked out the window, and a massive panic raced through him. He wasn't ready to lose Edward. He wanted to apparate to him, but Marcus was already there with Edward.

"I don't know if he's..." Simone began, badly rattled. Marcus reached down to Edward's neck and felt a pulse.

"He's alive. I think it just knocked him out." Marcus saw there was blood from somewhere on Edward's side, but Edward's pulse was strong. Marcus was presuming the wound was superficial. He took his handkerchief and reached up to the blood on her face. He kept mopping and saw a long jagged cut running along her hairline. "Keep this up here," he told her calmly. "I'll have Nigel tend it as soon as he can."

"I'm fine. Take care of Edward," she dismissed Marcus's concern.

"Where were you?" Marcus asked her.

"Maurice's grave," she replied. "There were at least five or six of them...They just attacked..."

"Do you have a portkey there?" he asked. She pressed the portkey into his hand. He needed at least one or two for backup to help him try to get to the bottom of who just went after Edward and Simone, and they needed to get there fast, before the attackers could escape.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3007
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:48 pm

Ruby Heard Marcus and the look on Angus's face as he'd spoken standing she made her way outside helping Simone she placed the hanky over simones cut and held it there according to some water for her "here drink this " she said and looked down at Edward. She was relieved when Marcus said he was alive. Rowan moved to Marcus and held on to him.

"if you're going then so am I," he said drawing his wand as Jack did the same ." let's go," he said. Ruby heard operating and saw Jess walking over with a doctor's bag and placing it down she began stabilising him reading his energy.

" Okay I got him." she said " but Nigel or Robert should look at him." she sent a note to Nigel to come immediately " you'll both be okay," she said softly to Simone and smiled as they waited for Nigel or Robert.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 988

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:14 am

Marcus ported them to the cemetery, and saw four men and two women, dressed in black. They were about ready to leave, when Marcus got there and started rapid wand fire at as many of them as he could fire at, wanting to stop them from leaving. They immediately spun around and started to return fire. He hit one of the women, and she fell, not moving. One of the men was filled instantly with rage, and he focused everything he had on trying to kill Marcus.

Nigel had already seen that Edward and Simone were down, and he was apparating his bag. When he got it, he apparated out and landed right between Simone and Edward. He began to check Edward. He felt that there had been blood loss, and he found the bleeding wound across Edward's ribcage. He opened Edward's shirt and saw it was a large slashing wound. Someone had meant to kill him, clearly. He used a Vulnera Sanantur to stop the bleeding and to start the wound healing. He watched it close, but he wasn't satisfied with the way it was healing. He got out a potion from his bag and rinsed the wound with it, watching the wound bubble up as if it was boiling for a moment. He rinsed it twice more, until the bubbling stopped. Then he dressed the wound heavily.

"He'll be alright, Simone," Nigel finally said. "Give him a little. I expect he'll wake shortly and then he'll be sitting up and talking to you in a couple hours. The wound was a little stubborn because it was clearly caused by dark magic, but I think i've rid it of that. I don't expect any more trouble with it. The Vulnera Sanantur will stop the bleeding, and it will eventually close the wound.

"Now, let me see your wound," Nigel told her. "Then we'll work on getting him inside. Jess, can you summon Robert or Brian, please? We're going to need a bit more muscle." He took the handkerchief off Simone's forehead. "They tried to use the same spell on you too, my dear. Lie back here for one moment." He had her lie back on the grass, and he stopped the bleeding with a Vulnera Sanantur on her forehead. Jess, could you clean this now and dress this. You're going to need to do two thick gauze pads side by side to cover it all. Both wounds--his and hers-- are going to seep for a bit, but they will eventually close. We'll check them closely, but I don't expect any complications. When you get done bandaging her, could you take her up to her room so she can rest a bit? We'll bring Edward along when I get a little more muscle to do it."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:21 am

Rowan raised his wand and started to fire in the direction Marcus was firing taking down one man and wounding another while Jack ran and held the one man remaining alive. " qw should question him " he said holding tight to the mans forarms so he could not escape.

Jess heard and watched Nigel she sent a note to Brain and one to Robert both explaining what was going on. Moving from Edward she moved to simoe and began cleaning and bandaging her wound , at the sme time sh set it to healing from the inside out just as Robert had taught her. Then she moved back to Edward and repeated the process of cleaning and healing and bandaging. " okay both are done I set a small slow healing spell on the wound it will heal from the inside out so not to leave a noticable scar." she said as Ruby moved back to the house to stay with Abby. jess slowly stood Simone up o her feet then paused " no dizzyness?" she asked.

Slowly then made their way to the house where she took her to her room and sat her on the bed. " Edward won't be long," Jess said
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 988

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:34 am

"Oh, I know this one," Marcus said. "He works for Gelding, and I've seen him a time or two on some of James's nighttime attacks on Khaat. He and I have tangled before."

"Thank you, Jess," Simone said quietly. "There wasn't any reason or rhyme to it. They just came out of the trees and started firing at us. I didn't recognize a one of them."

Robert and Brian both apparated home, landing in the yard, and they went over to where they saw Edward and Nigel. Robert laid his hand on Edward's forehead just as an automatic response.

"He's alright," he told Brian. "He's been tended, of course. We could wake him but if we wake him before we get him upstairs, he's just going to be a stubborn buggar about it. I say we take him upstairs first and then wake him after we get him up there."

"Definitely a better idea," Brian said knowing how set in his ways Edward could be about some things. Nigel and Robert and Brian worked together to levitate Edward and take him inside. As they went through the kitchen, Robert called to Angus.

"Don't panic, Lad. He's just stunned. We could have woken him outside but then he'd just give us a bunch of grief about going up and resting. So we're going to make sure he gets to his room and then we'll wake him." They proceeded to take him upstairs to the bedroom and laid him on the bed.

"He's fine, Simone," Robert said. "Just stunned. We'll bring him around in a moment."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:58 am

Rowan watched as Jack held the man " figures" he said softly " should we take him to Robert to interagant an maybe put in one of his bug jars" Jack asked with a wicked grin on his face as he waited for Marcus to think of what and where to take this one man. Jacks grip never broke even when the man started to strugle " you struggle I'll brake something , my grip is much stronger than your arm" he said softly to the man who froze in hi movements. Rowan was impresed by how the two men were handeling the situation.

Jess heard Simone and cast a very mild calming spell on her."Its ok Jack and the others are on it, they will ether take them all out or capture one for Robert to interagate" she told her gently. It was now she heard foot steps out in the hallway and she opened the door ready for whom ever it was to enter, moving to Edwards side of the bed she moved the covers back, even though she knew he would be fully dressed.

Ruby sat playing with Abby as she ocupied her mind and that of Abbys so she would be distracted from what was going on around her. Standing she walked over to Angus and kissed his cheek " he'll be okay, Brian and Robert are with him, and Im sure Jack , marcus and Rowan have things under control." she told him giving him a hug of reasurance.  "so you going to show me the rings or will I have to wait?" she asked with a smile.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4355

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:21 am

Marcus got right in the thug's face and spoke in a low, steady voice, purposely acting overly calm.

"I bet you'd like to live, wouldn't you?" Marcus said, putting the tip of his wand against the man's heart. "Well, you can earn that. Here's what you're going to do. You're going to tell me exactly who sent you and why? Did James send you?" He looked at the man's face. "No? Then it was Gelding....Ah, yes. Gelding. And why is he after Edward Donohue. Because of his grandson?...Yes, that's exactly what I thought. This is all about revenge. You're going to take a message to your boss. You're going to tell him that he's messing with the wrong people. One more attempt, and we will make his life a living hell. He has no idea what is in store for him if he makes one more performance like this one. Now, can you tell him, or should I send your corpse back to him with a note attached? Your choice."

"I'll...tell him..." the man stuttered.

"Good lad. Your companions? They're not going anywhere. They're mine. If your boss wants them back, he'll have to play nicely and ask for them. If he doesn't, well, then they'll just be collateral damage. Understand me?" The man nodded. "Now, go. And don't come back."

Simone took a breath, trying to settle. She honestly had just been surprised, and to be at Maurice's grave when her new love had simply fallen limp had filled her with a panic that she might be left without Edward this close to having love again. She watched them lay Edward on the bed and watched Robert take Edward's shoes.

"Have yourself a bit of a lie down, Simone," Robert told her. "Get comfortable. You both need at least a bit of a rest." He sat down beside Edward on the bed and woke him.

"Robert?" Edward frowned. "What happened?"

"You're fine. Simone's fine. You were attacked in the cemetery when you went to visit Maurice's grave. Simone got you both home. She's right here." Edward looked over and reached for Simone's hand.

"You alright?" he asked. She nodded. "Then we're all good, then," he told her.

"Thank you," Angus said to Ruby. "I wasn't ready to lose him today." He took the rings from his pocket and showed them to her they were fairly simple and yet very elegant. There were twin diamonds set into Edward's ring, and into Simone's ring, symbolizing the two of them coming together.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:33 am

Ruby smiled at Angus and nodded " I know" she said softly then he showed her the rings and she sat marveling at the beauty of them " there perfect for them" she said smiling at him as she lent closer and kissed him gently " they're going to love them" she said then smiled at him " do you want anything to drink?" she asked .

Jess stood back as Robert brought Edward around on the bed " I set both wounds to heal slowly from the inside to minamise scaring and I placed a slight calming spell on Simone she seemed a bit stressed."Jess reported to Robert. She watched as Simone lay down on the bed to rest then she moved to the doorway to give them space to talk.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:26 pm

Marcus let the one henchman go, and the man wasted no time in apparating out.

"The others are ours," Marcus said. "We'll bind them and take them back and see what Brian wants to do with them. One of them is a werewolf. I've seen him before. I think Edward should deal with him. Seems fitting to me. Oh...you don't realize do you..." Marcus saw no glimmer of recognition in the werewolf's face. "You just attempted to kill Edward Donohue. Yes. THAT Donohue. And since you didn't succeed, he should have the right of some sort of return response. That's one option. Or, Jack, maybe you'd like to deal with him yourself? At any rate, we can do whatever we please unless we hear from Gelding, but my guess is that they're disposable, and we won't hear a syllable. Nobody will miss them. We could stake them out on the target range, I suppose..."

The henchmen left behind were trying to look irked, but a couple of them were young enough to look rattled. Particularly the man with the werewolf curse, at the mention of being left for Edward Donohue to deal with. That did create some significant fear for the werewolf.

"I'd be afraid of him too, if I were you," Marcus said to the younger werewolf, gesturing to Jack. "You know who he is, right? He's the flesh and blood brother of James Blood, and if he has a mind to, I'm sure he could be quite nasty--to any of you. And, frankly, I'm tired of screwing with you, so I'm just as happy to let him have the lot of you."

"I think they will like them," Angus said. "I think Edward probably had these made special for them. Something to drink sounds great. Is there any fresh tea made?"

"Thank you, Jess," Robert said. "You two escaped with minor injuries, and I'm glad because it could have been so much worse. Give yourselves at least a couple hours to rest up a little. Do you need anything before we leave you for a bit?"

"Can't think of a thing," Edward said. "Thank you, all of you."

"I think we're fine, thanks," Simone said. Robert got up and left the room, closing the door so they could rest a bit.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Thu Sep 22, 2022 9:49 pm

Jack let go of the man and watched him disappear. When Marcus spoke of one being a werewolf he looked at the younger of the men " hum..omega" he growled out his arms folded as he listened to Marcus more, When James was brought up he nodded and rolled his eyes knowing Marcus was trying to put the fear into them with who they were. " okay come on" he said and grabbed the younger man " do not make any moves" he said in a low growl to him noticing he bore his neck to him as a sign of submission. " good" he said " Marcus we're ready when you are." he said.

Jess looked and smile at Simone " its fine" she said with a smile " its what we do for family" she looked to Robert and nodded as she then moved to the door and down to the kichen.

Ruby smile and nodded "I think she will love them" she said flicking the kettle on to make a fresh pot of tea for every one. Jess walked down and breathed out as she looekd at Angus with a smile.

"Edward woke just fine , both he and simone are resting right now" she told Angus as she took a cup of tea.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 44 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top