LONDON CALLING - Page 75
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 75 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 75 of 100 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 87 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 75 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:01 pm

Ruby looked at Andrew and nodded her hed " yeah its mostly just cooking the veg now" she said as she listened to Angus smiling she kised him " I'll see you later" she told him and headed to the kitchen to cook the squash in herbs. She placed th tray in the oven and stepped back turning it on she sighed glad things had settled down againbut she couldn't help wonder wht her mother was upto. One thing she did know was it was no good what ever it was.

Just as she placed the salad into a bowl an owl tapped at the window with a letter. Giving it a treat she took the letter addressed to Angus. She knew Jessie had written it and she hoped t was a sign tht things were beter with him. Porting over she smiled " letter fro Jessie to you" she said handing it to him.

(letters contents:
Dear Angus,

I hope both you and Ruby are well, Im doing much better thanks to Jeffery's therapy, its helped a lot. Know one thing I do not hold you responcible for my fathers death, he was  as I know know manipulative, underhanded and an allround sick man. Also thank you for looking after and taking on my brothers, I don't think I am in the right mind set to take on that responcibility, even Jeffery aggrees with me to leave it all to you to deal with and I focus on my recovery, for whitch Im sorry for my actions and I hope one day we can work together again.

Tell Ruby not to slack on her trainning and that I miss seeing her, your self and the others but I know here is the safest and best place for me until I can refocuse my mind. The mountains here are lovely and the air is so fresh. Stay safe my freind and look after my sis.

Your freind
Jessie Tyler )
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 3828

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:14 pm

"Thanks, Ru," Angus said, as Andrew brought him a fresh cup of almond tea. "I sent a letter to Jeffrey, telling him exactly what happened. Jessie might as well know the truth about it all. He isn't going to get any better if we lie to him. So you know, Ru, I did make some tentative arrangements for a decent burial, a grave plot, a proper casket and a headstone if your mom doesn't claim your father. We don't know that maybe Jessie or the boys at some point might want to visit the grave for some sort of closure, and the least we can do is to make sure he gets a decent burial. I don't have to like him but if it weren't for him, there wouldn't be you. So, maybe just for that reason, I owe him a little.

"And, I doubt we'll hear anything in the immediate future from your mom. Our intel says they saw her and some muscle men helping her move some things out of the house, but clearly wasn't everything. They figure it was just the stuff she wanted out of it. I'll give it a good 45 days or so, but I don't expect her back. And, we already know where she went. Gelding has a new mansion on the outskirts of Paris, and she was seen moving in there, and she's apparently got the title of the lady of the house. So I don't know if that means that she's hoping to take up with Gelding if he ever gets out of Azakban, I don't know, but if they learn anything, I'm sure they'll tell us. As it is, its probably safe for you to come home tonight, if you want. The guards will still be here, I'm sure."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:22 pm

Ruby listened and nodded "Thank you, and yes at least they have some place to remember any plesant memories they have of him, as for me I don't." she said kissing his cheek " to be honest Im not sure he was my actual dad now, what with everything you've told me about how promiscuous my mom was, I could be from on of her first flings, but Im not dwelling on it." she said and shrugged her shoulders " im not worried"  she said and smiled at him.  " oh supper won't be too long and that would be wonderful " she said with a grin and stood up then ported back to the house in a better mood.

Taking out the squash she plated it up and sent it to the dinning room " well everythings done just your lamb now Michael" she said smiling as she sent the plates and drinks to the table. She set a tray with double of everything on it and sent it over to Andrew and Angus " oh, I can sleep in my own bed tonight with Angus." she said smiling
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:35 pm

"I wouldn't judge her too harshly, Ru," Angus said, "not until we know the whole story. For all we know, if your dad treated her like he treated everybody else, her affairs might have been her way of getting some affection, even though that wouldn't be how you and I would look for attention. All I'm saying it that it's hard to know what makes her do what she does unless we know what she's had to deal with. That's not saying I trust her. I know better." He smiled.

"Lamb's done and out and resting," Michael told her. "It's on the sideboard on that large rectangular platter in there with the large steam table lid over it to keep it from getting cold. And I made an au jus sauce and some tiny sheet roasted baby potatoes to go with it for any one that wants it. We do have a few folks that feel like a meat supper has to have some sort of potato with it, so I put together something just very fuss free. I think all we need are some pitchers of tea and lemonade and water set out. I've got fresh coffee and tea brewing for dessert. As soon as we set the beverages out, we can call everyone to eat, I think. Do you want to get the drinks or do you want me to do that?

"Sounds like your lives are getting back a little closer to normal. And I did get a message from Edward. They will be home for supper tonight. They were out all afternoon, so they don't know yet about the fire, but I'm sure Robert will tell them when they get back.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:41 pm

Ruby had heard Angus and taken his words in before she ahd left for the kitchen " yeah it has, and I'd say for the better, theres still my mom but as long as she stays away we're good with that." she said and heard him mention the drinks " oh I'll fetch them"she said and levitated some to the table "FOODS READY!" She called out so every one could hear. Returning to the kitchen she gave Fudge his dinner and smiled as he took it. She also saw Andrew take in the tray she ahd sent over to them.

"Sitting down she heard Michael tak of Edward and Simone " thats good , don't need Simone having a fit becuse the house burnt, I think the men will start work on it soon" she sai as she saw several men walking over and removing burnt peices replacing them with new ones." oh my mistake they already are." she chuckled as she took a slice of lamb and some veg to eat and sat down.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:01 pm

As everyone else was gathering for supper, Michael saw Edward and Simone arrive home, apparating in on the front porch. He saw their concerned faces and they hurried inside.

Andrew was just setting out supper at the table for Angus, when they heard Edward shouting, and he sounded alarmed.

"We're fine," Angus called back. "Come on through, if you like." Edward and Simone both hurried over.

"Thank God, you're alright," Edward sighed. They were both deeply relieved. "What happened?"

"That was an unfortunate distraction caused Reginald Tyler earlier this afternoon," Angus said. "I apologize. However, I guess I did take care of it. Tyler faced off over here with me, and I shot him twice in the heart. He's dead."

"Were you hurt?" Edward said.

"Nothing to be alarmed about," Angus said.

"Where?"

"My left shoulder," Angus said. Edward went over and slid the sweater away from Angus's shoulder and saw the seeping dressing.

"Its a mess," Edward frowned. "Andrew, he's bleeding through the dressing. Can we add a gauze pad or two? Has Robert seen this?"

"Not yet, but Jess has. She took care of the worst of it," Angus said. Andrew brought over a couple thick gauze pads and Edward layered them on top of the dressing Jess had put on it.

"Well, I can't say I'll miss Tyler," Edward said.

"They'e made up a room for you at the main house," Angus said. "You're welcome to stay here, but our other guest rooms don't have furniture in them yet."

"I know," Edward said. "Don't worry about us. We'll be fine. Are the guards staying?"

"So far as I know," Angus said. "You both should go eat. Michael and Ruby have made an excellent looking rack of lamb with all the trimmings."

"You look like hell, though. You've overdone it. You need to rest," Edward said.

"I will. After supper," Angus told him.

"I'm going to be back to make sure of it," Edward said. "Make him stop for the day, Andrew."

"I will," Andrew said, knowing Angus wasn't one to easily be told what to do. He could be asked, but Angus generally bristled against being told.

"Well done, Lad," Edward kissed Angus's forehead. "We'll be back." They left and went over to the main house to the dining room. "Did you leave us any, Jack?" Edward teased.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:08 pm

Ruby saw Edward and Simone arrive atthe main house and walked over to Edward wrapping her arms around him " Angus told you?" she said knowing he would have " Im not sorry hes gone but I do feel a little sad" she told him " and Im glad it was Angus that did it though" she let him go and looekd at Simone " sorry like Angus hes liek afather to me" she told her and chuckled " guess that makes you like a mother." she said " come and eat." she laughed as Edward asked if Jack had left them anything.

"oh yeah I did,you got the meat, I got the bone" he said and chuckled  but knew he had meat and veg too. " how was the day out?" Ruby asked " and sorry about your side of the duplex the guys are working on it as we speack." she placed down two plates of food for both of them " enjoy" she said and returned to he seat to eat.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:50 pm

Edward gave Ruby a hug and listened to her talk about the death of her father.

"I am sorry for your loss," he told her. "As bad as this last chapter was, he was still your father. Simone gave Ruby a hug when she said she thought of Simone like a mother figure.

"Edward and I hope to be around for you and Angus and our grandchildren for many decades to come," she told Ruby.

"Thank you, Ruby. It looks delicious, and I am quite hungry tonight. Our day out was lovely," Simone said. "We were out looking for ideas for wedding venues."

"And?" Kate asked.

"Neither of us could find anything we liked better than that little spot on your farm, Kate, that Remus loved so much. It truly is one of the prettiest places we've ever seen. Would you mind if we had just a very simple ceremony there?" Simone asked.

"Mind? We'd be honored," Robert said.

"And, would you be so kind as to officiate it for us?" Edward asked Robert.

"Me?"

"Why not? You're still empowered to do so, aren't you?"

"I am. If you're sure that's what you want, then, yes. I'll be glad to," Robert said.

"We thought we'd ask Lizzie at Sparks to cater just a nice family dinner for all of us," Edward said. If Angus is up to it, we'd like him to be my best man and also to make us a little cake.. I haven't asked him yet, but I want to."

"Are you kidding? He'll jump at it," Robert said.

"Well, then, perhaps, in that case," Simone said, "Ruby, I've been wanting to ask you if you'd be my maid of honor."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:05 am

Ruby nodded to Edward " I know " she said and then heard all the planning and smiled " oh that would be perfect" she said smiling as she listened further. when Simone asked her to be maid of honur she paused for a moment " well as long as you don't mind a slightly plump maid of honer , sure" she said smiling. " oh and you will be around in April right?" she asked then looked at Robert " I hould go with Khaat for my first scan soon right?" she asked " but this will be a wedding of all weddings, simple but perfect" she chuckled when they said they would ask Angus to bake the cake " you know he'd not turn that down."

Moving back to the table she smiled " what color scheme do you have in mind, oh Abby would make the perfect flower girl, and what flowers did you have in mind for your buquet?" she chuckled as she stopped herself " sorry, you decide its your day after all" she sat and finished her meal with a smile now the mood swung to happy not sad at teh death of her father. " oh Jessie wrote to Angus, I don't know what was in it but he didn't say anything so musn't have been bad." she said picking up her plate and walking to the ktichen to retreave the buscuits and deserts from sparks
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:24 am

"You're rushing things a bit, Ruby," Robert said. "You're only a couple weeks along, and the first scan doesn't happen til between week 6 and 8. Give it time. We'll manage it properly, I promise. We've had a couple other pregnancies at St. Mungo's, so I think we'll be okay." He was getting more used to Ruby needing to try to take control of everything and everyone around her as a means of dealing with her anxiety. It wasn't the healthiest way to deal with it, but evidently she hadn't learned any other way. And she certainly wasn't the first pregnant woman that felt she needed to manage her medical team.

"Well, I don't think you'll need maternity clothes at our wedding," Edward said. "At our age, we see no point in waiting, so we've set a date--for the first autumn Saturday in September."

"Really?" Kate said, "That's perfect. I'll be happy to help you with anything you need. That's coming up soon. That's only five weeks away."

"And that's exactly our point," Edward smiled. "We're not waiting. We don't need anyone's approval, and unless Simone's children want to come, I doubt any of my family except Angus and Ruby will come. So you lot will have to be our family, but you already know you are anyway."

"I'm so happy for you," Kate said.

"Maybe we can get together--you and I and Ruby and any of the other women that want to pitch in--and we can get this all planned and get moving on the arrangements? Maybe some morning after breakfast?" Simone asked.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 75 of 100 Previous  1 ... 39 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 87 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top