LONDON CALLING - Page 38
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 38 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 38 of 100 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 38 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:16 pm

Ruby watched as Robert got the message from the owl " oh no, not more" she said " whens it going to end." she sighed making breakfast and sending it to the table for every one to eat. She hoped it would help Angus with having one less thing to do when he returned. Now with food laid out Ruby and Jess moevd to the table and began to eat.

Jack walked in and smile at the smell " oh wonderful food " he said poring some tea and then taking some food .

"help your self but leave some for others." Ruby said making Jess chuckle as the look on Jacks face.

"don't worry I won't eat it all, come on Robert worry about that after breakfast." he said siting next to Jess.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Number of posts : 3828

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:47 pm

"Good idea. It smells good, and I am hungry," Robert said, getting a plate and tucking into it. It hadn't been more than a few minutes when Kate came down, carrying Abbey.

"Little Miss Abbey is hungry and wants some breakfast," Kate smiled, pleased that Abbey felt like eating. Kate put Abbey in her chair and got her a little bowl of yogurt, muesli and berries and a glass of orange juice, and then she fixed a plate for herself.

"Well, that sounds like good news," Robert smiled. "Feeling better, Abbey?" She nodded. Robert could see she wasn't 100 percent yet, but she was clearly better than she had been.

"I gots dots, Papa," she told him, pointing to the teal rash on her arm.

"Yes, you certainly do," he laughed. "Hopefully your medicine will help clear that up. "

"Gam says I can watch TB today," Abbey told him. Robert knew she was referring to muggle tv, but what she really meant was that Kate had evidently told her she could watch a muggle movie downstairs in the movie room in the basement.

"You might like that," Robert said. "I think your daddy got you some new movies to watch."

Angus had managed by 9 am, to pull himself finally away from Lizzie and Sparks, and now he had a very full stomach because Lizzie kept giving him things to try. He had dropped off the packages, and she had put several boxes of pastries, scones, hand pies, and other things for Angus to take home to the crew at Brian's house. He made his way to the tobacconist and picked up Robert's cigarettes and tucked them in the bag as well. He was leaving the tobacconist and heading back to Diagon Alley when an elderly woman stumbled and fell in the street. Angus went over to her, and saw she was covered with teal spots. Her badly flushed face told him she was burning up with fever. No one else would even come anywhere near her because they didn't want the virus. He helped her to her feet, seeing her knees were badly scraped from falling on the brick pavement, and he decided the only thing for him to do was to take her straight to St. Mungo's.

He apparated her to St. Mungos and took her into the emergency department, intending to simply leave her there but he was stopped by the nurse at the desk, asking him to wait. They finished checking in the old woman and took her off to a treatment room, and then the nurse at the desk looked at him.

"We'll see to you next. What's your name?" she asked.

"See to me? What do you mean?" he asked.

"You've got it too. It's all over your neck and starting down under the collar of your shirt," she said.

"No, I don't," he said frowning, not knowing what she was talking about. She got out a little compact mirror from her desk drawer, enlarged it, and then she showed him the tea rash that was now starting to form on his neck and starting to travel down under his shirt.

"Oh, crap," he sighed, knowing exactly how he had gotten it. It was right where Abbey had cuddled so tightly to him yesterday.

"Come with me, and we'll get you taken care of," she told him, hustling him into a treatment room before he could give her much static, and she motioned to a healer who was just coming out of another room as she shoved Angus into the treatment room. The healer came in right behind the nurse, and he gave Angus a little shove to get him to sit on the table, while the nurse questioned Angus about his name, etc. All the while, Angus was trying to get a word in edgewise that he didn't need treated and that all he really needed to do was to get home. They weren't hearing any of it, and he was starting to get angry with them, as the healer made himself at home with Angus, poking and prodding already, despite anything Angus tried to say.

The healer poured a potion and told Angus to drink it. Angus had no intention of drinking it, but the healer was telling him that if he didn't drink it, the healer intended on admitting Angus against his will. Angus got angry and told him he wasn't staying, period, full stop. The healer got belligerent with him and told him he had made a decision and he was going to admit Angus for being uncooperative while carrying a contagious disease. Angus took the potion to shut the healer up, but no sooner than he had swallowed it, the room spun violently. Something was seriously wrong. He had to get out. He was panicking. Something was wrong, and he had to get home. He stood up, but the moment he got to his feet, he fell limp on the floor. The healer hit some sort of alarm to page for additional help.

Brian had only just gotten to St. Mungos for his shift, when he heard the alarm go off in the emergency department. He raced there, and seeing the red light above one of the treatment room doors, he made his way in, and was completely blindsided to see Angus nonresponsive on the floor. He helped them levitate Angus onto the bed and he started to check him at once. His own check indicated clearly that Angus had been overdosed somehow, and his vital signs were slipping fast.

"What the hell did you do!" Brian shouted at the healer. "What'd you do!"

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:00 am

Jess finished her breakfast and was imidiutly hit with ugancy to get to work " I have to go " she said and ported to the Aand E department moving quickly to a curtained off examination room. seeing several nurses and others in the room she ook a deep breath " OUT!" She called out " every one out now!"  every one moved out and she saw Brain working on a male on the bed " Brian? never mind what do we have?" she asked and walked closer " oh shit its Angus " she quickly moved to his head touhing his head she saw the rash and glanced up at two people talking in hushed tones.

"you two stay right where you are I need a word with you two." she told them " the rest of you, IV and Seluline to flush out the potion." she told them " Brian some how hes got the virus I have a feeling some one mucked up the cure potion but Im not sure who." she said softly " we have to stabalize him and then flush out the potion from his system."
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:13 am

The healer was standing, wide eyed, watching the scene in front of him. Brian snatched him up and slammed him hard into the wall.

"Now, you listen, you weedy little man, you tell me what you gave him this instant, or I'm going to rip off all your limbs and shove them..." Brian was raging now.

"This. He gave him this," the nurse said, handing him the bottle that the healer had poured the potion from. Brian took the bottle and read it.

"How much?"

"A full potion cup."

"Oh, dear god," Brian said, paling. "Jess, he gave Angus a full potion cup full of Supershock potion."

Supershock was a potion that was rarely used. It was a potion designed to be used when some witch or wizard had had magic go sideways and be somehow jolted with a massive dose of magical energy. The effects of a Supershock potion was designed to dramatically decrease a toxic increase in someone's magical energy in such circumstances. But because it was a highly concentrated potion, it was only ever given in minute quantities--the largest dose only being about five drops diluted in a potion cup of water. No one ever would dare give a full dose of Supershock potion because the results would be lethal without immediate treatment. An overdose, without immediate treatment, would destroy a witch or wizard's bodily magical system, and that would surely be lethal. For now, Brian knew, and was sure that Jess knew too, that every second counted.

"Jess, I'm going to try to nullify it if I can. I don't know if it'll work but I have to try something. He needs life support until we get this potion either flushed out or nullified."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:21 am

Jess listened and watched her hands not moving from Angus " for hells sake, thats five drops not a cup" she wanted to cut off the mans balls and the  reatach them with out any pain potion " Im going to say this once only..DO..NOT..MOVE!" She said "or I'll make it so you can't, im going to deal with you myself , Robert Lupin himself will here of this and I can tell you this , he will not be happy, you'll be lucky to have your lives after this, if this mans woman dosn't kill you first." she listened to Brian and nodded " already on it, unlike some" she jibbed to the two people.

" I have his vitals steady try nullifying it if that dosn't work we'll flush it" she said balancing his energies and rythem of his heart " okay im in full suport , do what you need." she saw scurity walk over 2 take thoes two in custody and hold them till were done here. They looked at her  then the nurses.

"Im autherised as head nurse, hold those two so I can talk to them once were done." both men nodded and took them to a side room. Taking a deep breath she focused on stabalising Angus.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:35 am

Brian wanted to rip the healer limb from limb, but he didn't have a moment to spare. He put all his energies into trying to cast an antidote spell. He shouted for more staff, and got more nurses quickly. He ordered one of them to go quickly to the potions lab and get the antidote for the Supershock potion. The nurse went quickly but came back a couple minutes later saying that it was on order but hadn't come back into stock after the destruction of the potions lab. Brian didn't have a doubt Robert could make an antidote, but right now, all Brian and Jess were going to have was their own magic.

Things in the room were extremely tense for several minutes. Brian could tell the staff expected Brian and Jess to lose this patient, and Brian wasn't going to let that be an option. After about ten minutes of Brian casting the antidote spell, he began to feel Angus's vital signs start again to try to rally.

"His energies are coming up," he told Jess quietly. "Keep support going until I tell you otherwise." It took another six or seven minutes, but Angus was able to open his eyes.

"Welcome back, Mate," Brian told him gently.

"I have to get home..." Angus was still panicky, and Brian couldn't blame him a bit.

"It's alright. Jess and I are here. We've got you, so you're in safe hands now. You were trying to get home, weren't you?" Brian asked. Angus nodded. "Give yourself a little. You've been through a rough time."

"I can't stay here. I have to get out of..." Angus said.

"Calm," Brian said, touching his forehead and added just a bit of a calming spell. He didn't want to add more than a little because he didn't want to repress his vital signs. "Give us a little. Jess and I aren't finished. Then we'll try to get you home."

He knew that, certainly, under normal circumstances, there wouldn't be a ghost of a chance that Angus would be released, but Brian shared Angus's fear at this moment. He didn't want to leave him in the hands of the incompetent. What he wanted right now was to get Angus stabilized enough that he could get him home and into Robert's exceptionally competent hands.

"We have to get him home, Jess," he told her quietly, knowing that under any other circumstance, she would have every right to think he had lost his mind.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:43 am

Jess felt his vitals become stronger and she heard Brain " I can feel it too." she said then she smiled seeing him open his eyes and Brian talk to him now she glanced at the two incompitent nurses waiting for her. " lets get him as strong as he can get and stable, then kaden and yourself can take him home, I'll ask Kaden to watch him." she said using her eyes to let Brian know she had business to take care of before she returned home.

"I think this department needs shaking up." she said " and before I leave it will run like clockwork and be competent once more" she turned her focus back to Angus as she heard Brian talk " just a little bit longer, okay Angus then you can go home." she shifted her hands and slowly drew her energies away as his grew stronger. " brian what do you feel now, to me hes stable, second opinion?" she asked as she fet tingles at her finger tips.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:54 am

"Much better," Brian said. Brian thought Angus's vital signs were certainly weak but better. "Go ahead, Jess. I'm not leaving. Oh. One second." He scribbled a hasty note to Ruby and one to Robert.

The note he wrote to Ruby said, "Hey, Ruby, just a quick heads up. Angus has the virus. I've got him here at St. Mungo's. Will be bringing him home to bed at the main house shortly. I'll explain when I get there. Brian."

His note to Robert read, "Robert, Angus has had an accident of sorts. I sent a note to Ruby that he has the virus, and he does. But the accident has caused far more serious medical issues. It isn't good. Bringing him home to his room at the main house, and he's going to need your help the minute we get there. Try not to panic Ruby until we can explain. B."

"Could you send these home via floo, please, Jess?" He sealed the notes in envelopes and handed them to her. "We aren't going to take him home without a heads up to them."

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ruby Lyne Tyler Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:05 am

Jess slowly let go of Angus and moved to Brian " oh I know" she said glancing at the room. Taking the notes she nodded and then pulled the curtain around them " I won't be long" now moving to the small room she opened the door to both talking at once , all she did waas raise her hand and they sent silent moving to the fireplace in the room she sent the two notes off then looked at the two people her arms folded across her chest , each blamed the other for the mistake " dosn't matter whose mistake it was the matter of the fact is that its happened, both are to blame , healer 101, first listen to the patiant." she said in a stern tone " both of you are totaly incompitent and thought you were supirior to the patiant , well let me tell you this ...YOUR NOT!!, I will do no harm or injustice to them. Neither will I administer a poison to anybody when asked to do so, nor will I suggest such a course, one and only rule that all healers follow, you harmed that man you practicaly poisoned him." she paused and took a deep breath " go home , Mr Lupin will deal with you, but be awear you will be repremanded, severly for this, if you keep your jobs at all." she waved her hand and the door opened the two security guards stepped aside to let them pass. " thank you Gerry and Tom." she said then headed back over to Brian. " I'm guessing you heard?" she asked.

Ruby was sat reading when the letter flew out and landed on her lap at first she was puzzled but then she read it and gasped " to be exspected " she closed her book and moved to find Kate. " Kate we have another casulty of the virus, Angus has it, oh gods does hat mean I'll get it , I hope not." she said to her self as she went to find Kate.
Ruby Lyne Tyler
Ruby Lyne Tyler

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:30 am

When Robert got Brian's note, he went straight to Angus's room, opened the bed, and then accio'd his medical bag up to the room. He found Ruby in the hallway.

"Ruby, I could use your help for a moment. Did you get a message from Brian too? I'm prepping the bedroom now. We need to get a move on in case they come home shortly. I'd rather wait on him than to make him wait on us.

"Would you please go get one of those tall, insulated travel mugs, fill it with ice and put some lemonade in it for him, please? If his stomach is upset, the sugar in the lemonade will help to ease the nausea. Sounds nuts, but it really does work. That, and find one of those enchanted pitchers and put some ice water in it. If he's running a fever, we're going to have to encourage fluids. And then get into the linen closet in the hall. On the bottom shelf are more bedpillows. They're in a large plastic tote and they're resized to dollhouse sized. Bring in a handful. You don't need to resize them yet, but I'd rather have them here in case we need them. I'm going to get out another blanket or two and some pajamas, and get my things ready. We'll have to order lunch in from Sparks, so when you happen to run across Kate, she can do that if you just ask her to.

"I didn't, actually," Brian said, working on now checking Angus as thoroughly as he could. "Jess, look here,' he unbuttoned the first couple buttons on Angus's shirt and showed her the teal rash Angus was now sporting and showed her where it had started up along the side of his neck. "That's why he's running a fever. Got it from my child yesterday, obviously. I'm sorry, Mate. Really." Angus shook his head, not caring about the virus. That wasn't important. What was important was that he didn't understand what had happened to him.

"What...did they do...to me," he said, his words coming out as a strained tone because it was taking so much energy to talk.

"Gave you the wrong bloody potion," Brian said, "and the entirely wrong dose. Good thing Jess and I were right here. You're going to be fine. This place wasn't on your list today. How did you even end up here?"

"Old woman...collapsed in the street. Has the virus. Brought her here for help,.. and these jackhats wouldn't let me go...Is she gonna be okay?"

"Dunno. I can check. How will I know her?"

"Purple pointed hat," Angus said.

"We'll check. Well, yes, you do have the virus, but, comparatively, that's nothing compared to what you've just gone through. I'm not leaving you here, but if you were anybody else, working for anybody else, there would be absolutely not a chance in the world you would be going anywhere but up to intensive care for close observation until at least tomorrow morning. We'll make it work at home though. I told you I'd get you home, and I will. Good enough?" Angus nodded, slipping into an involuntary sleep. Brian kept working to check him and to try to continue to work on reducing the Supershock potion. He looked up at Jess. This had been entirely too close. He didn't want to say it in front of Angus but if he and Jess hadn't been here, Angus would surely have died. This needed to never happen again.

"We're not going to be able to conceal this," he said to Jess, knowing that the moment they saw Angus at home, they were going to know this was not about the virus at all. They weren't going to know what had happened, but they were not going to believe he had gotten to death's door in just a few short hours from the virus alone.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 100 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top