LONDON CALLING - Page 38
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

LONDON CALLING - Page 38 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

LONDON CALLING

Page 38 of 100 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

LONDON CALLING - Page 38 Empty Re: LONDON CALLING

Post by Kaden Phoenix Wed May 11, 2022 9:28 pm

Jack looked at Kate and smiled " I'd do it again in a heart beat, hes kinda an unoffical father in my eyes, he took me in when I was at my worst, gave me a home, stability, security and well a wife too in his own way." Jess chuckled and linked her fingers with Jack's and smiled at him.

Kaden nodded to Kate " I'll double check before I leave." he said and glance at Jessie who nodded his head too. All said good night and watched as Kate left for her room.

Next morning Jack showered and dressed walked into the kitchen to Jessie holding out a cup of coffee and a cooked breakfast.

"Kaden came by and cooked breakfast for us all, hes a good cook." Jessie said smiling.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 315

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed May 11, 2022 9:51 pm

Kate and Robert got up at about the same time and dressed and made their way to the kitchen. The first thing Kate saw was Abbey who was sitting on the kitchen counter, eating a cookie, and the kitchen drawers all pulled out because she had used them as steps to climb up on the counter.

"And just what do you think you're doing, Miss?" she asked reprimandingly.

"Hunggie," Abbey told Kate.

"I don't care if you're hungry," Kate said firmly. "We don't eat cookies for breakfast. You know better."

"I'll fix her a plate," Robert said. "Thank Kaden for us, Jessie, won't you? Having breakfast ready is a nice surprise." He fixed a plate for Abbey while Kate lifted Abbey off the counter and took her to the table. Robert put a plate in front of Abbey, and Kate poured coffee for herself and Robert.

"You want me to fix you a plate, Robert?" Kate asked.

"No thank you," Robert said. "I'll get one after I get my first cup of coffee."

"So what are you doing today?"

"Well, I need to go to Paris, and I need to go into St. Mungo's. And I shoujld go check on the children and workers over at Khaat's. Lots to do and in too many places. I'm spread a little thin."

"Leave that to Jess and me," Kate said. "We'll double check them and make sure they have everything they need. Do you need us in Paris?"

"No," he replied. "Can't risk it. I've rigged it to explode if anyone goes in other than me. I'll go in and finish my tasks there today. That may give the team more of a lead on how we can take a stronger stand against Gelding. And then I'll go into St. Mungo's. Jack, can you and Jessie double check the security here and at Khaat's to make sure that we're still secure, please? I'll try to stop in here around noon and check in with everyone."

"I'll try to have lunch ready then if you're coming home at noon," Kate said.

"I'll do my best, but don't hold me to it," he said.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Wed May 11, 2022 10:06 pm

Jessie nodded and smiled " I'll let him know after his shift, and thats what he thought." He said still smiling this made Jack roll his eyes. Jess walked in as she braided her hair and left it laying over her shoulder. Giving Jack a light kiss she listened to Robert as she too grabbed some coffee and added milk and sugar to it.

When the children were brought up she paused her cup and looked to Kate and nodded " of course, they will have all they needed." she said then took a drink as she then took a plate and sat next to Jack. Jessie finished eating and looked at Robert he too nodded.

"yes sir." he said placing his plate in the washer " I was about to walk the north perimiter." it wa snow Jack spoke up as he too had finished his food.

"I'l take the east." he said picking up a braed roll and stuffing it into his mouth before heading out the door with Jessie.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed May 11, 2022 10:24 pm

"We should take Abbey home to her own place today. She'll have kids her own age to play with, and that would be good for her," Robert said. "And it would be good for them too. They'll feel more at home if they feel more welcomed, and someone who isn't such an adult would be a welcome sight for them."

"We'll take her today," Kate said, agreeing. Robert took the last swig of coffee, and he gave her a kiss and then got to his feet.

"I'll see you at lunch, hopefully," he said. He took his portkey, and he ported out. He was porting, ready to land in Paris, when an explosion blasted him off course. It threw him, and he wasn't sure where the spell was going to take him. He knew, though, that the blast had come from the headquarters building. He couldn't remember if he had set alarms for the organization members in case the place was breeched or not. If he had, though, they would surely know they might be porting into danger if they responded to any alarm he might have set. And then the porting spell seemed to be wearing off because he flet himself falling. He attempted to fire an Arresto Momentum to slow his fall, not sure if it would work while porting, but there was a first time for everything, wasn't there?

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Wed May 11, 2022 10:36 pm

Jess smiled and looked at Abby "Oh Abby, you can make some new freinds your age, I know theres a few of them." She said to abby as she stood and gathered the plates that had been left behind. " she looked up and nodded " it will be reasuring to them so see we have a young one with us." she said accioing a cookie and sneaking it to Abby. "I'll help with lunch Kate, we can do salad or a hotpot that can me left to slow cook." she sugested " but Im sure we'll think of something."

Jessie looked as he walked the perimiter, he used his senses to pick up on the smells around him finding very little even the wolves patroled there side of the perimiter and staid some what away from him and more east and where Jack was.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed May 11, 2022 10:54 pm

The next thing that made any sense to Robert is that he was looking at Remus. He didn't understand how, though. And he wasn't sure where he was. They appeared to be in a woods, and Remus was sitting on a large, smooth boulder.

"Am I dead?" Robert asked.

"No, not yet," Remus said.

"Then where am I?"

"Well, as near as I can figure, it's some sort of seer's state," Remus said.

"I'm not a seer," Robert said.

"No kidding," Remus said.

"I don't understand," Robert said.

"Neither do I," he said. "Not entirely. The only thing that makes any sense to me is that you were in some sort of close proximity to a seer when the headquarters blew, and some of her energy transferred temporarily to you, much like Harry was able to pick up some memories of Severus's as Severus was dying during the battle at Hogwarts, remember?"

"I remember hearing the story," Robert said. "Does that mean the seer is dead?"

"Dunno. Probably, but I don't know for certain," Remus said.

"So what is this place?"

"Some sort of in between space," Remus said. "It's a place where I've met Khaat from time to time."

"So where am I in the real world?"

"You really want to know?"

"If I didn't want to know, I wouldn't have asked," Robert scowled.

"Touchy," Remus said with a touch of sarcasm. "At the moment, you're laying in a dumpster on the other side of Paris away from the headquarters. You're going to want to shower when you wake up."

"I need to see the headquarters building," Robert replied.

"Yes, but that can be restored. Take care of yourself first...." Remus said, and as he was speaking, Robert saw Remus was fading.

"You're fading," Robert told him.

"The seer's energies are wearing off. Go home, Robert. Clean up, and then go back with part of your team. Maybe you'll find something. It's not like the explosion spell will hamper them now. Take them with you." He faded from Robert.

Robert did wake up, laying in a French trash dumpster. He sighed, frustrated. He honestly didn't know if he was hurt or not, given the fact that he had been hurt before he left home this morning. At least the dumpster provided a bit of a soft landing. He summoned his portkey and ported back home to go shower.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Wed May 11, 2022 11:03 pm

Jessie entered the house and stopped in his tracks when he saw Robert " what the heck happened and why does it smell like a dumpster in here?" he said somewhat to himself. Slowly he followed the smell to Robert "Wow! did you...do a me?" he asked " I mean land in a dumpster? um.. the charms are strong and holding on the north perimiter" he gave his report trying not to notice the smell but he heard Jack gasp as he entered.

"Oh MY GOD THAT SMELL, jessie you fall in a dump...Robert?" Jack stopped himself as he looked at Robert " what happened and are you hurt?" Jack asked wondering if they needed to call Jess or Kate back from Brians ranch.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed May 11, 2022 11:19 pm

"Not intentionally," Robert told Jessie, as Jack entered. "I didn't actually reach the headquarters building. I'm not entirely sure what happened exactly, so hold your thoughts for half a tick. I think I'll shower and then I'll try to read you both in. I honestly don't know if I'm hurt or not. Maybe I'll know more after I shower and get a little tea. That will give me a moment to get my wits together. In the meantime, Jack, send for Michael. We're going to need an extra hand this morning. And not a word to Kate, not yet. You both understand me?"

He knew Jessie was off in the daytimes and worked the night shift so that he could meet with Kaden during the day. he wanted to be sure that everyone was safe today. He had figured that Mira and Gabe would go to Khaat's to help with all the extra people there, so that would leave him with Jack and Michael.

"I'll be back in a moment," Robert said, feeling rattled by the morning's events. He left them there and headed for the shower.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaden Phoenix Wed May 11, 2022 11:25 pm

Jessie looked at Jack who nodded "not a peep" he told Robert and Jessie nodded writing a note and sending it threw the floo to Michael asking him to come imidiutly to Roberts home. Both men stood waiting for Robert to return and explain. Jesie stood and yawned justr as Kaden ported in and folded his arms .

"you missed our tea morning?" he said some what scoldingy but playful at the same time.

"I..um.." Jessie stumbled but Jack chuckled as did Kaden.

"Don't worry I know your work." he said leaning over to kiss Jessie cheek " I brought you some pastries to have with a pot of that special tea Kate mentioned". He placed a box on the coffee table in front of them and looked up as if antisipating some one entering the room.
Kaden Phoenix
Kaden Phoenix
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed May 11, 2022 11:45 pm

Michael had figured they would be needing some sort of additional food at Khaat's so he had put together three enormous salads--one was a seven layer salad, one was a chinese chicken salad, and one was a massive chef salad with all sorts of meats and toppings. He figured Angus would bake some sort of cookies or something for dessert, but they were on their own for the main course. When he got the signal to go to Robert's, he packed the three salads and shrank them to fit in a picnic basket and tucked Jess's two puppies in his jacket pocket. Then he ported to Roberts.

He saw Jessie and Jack and Kaden there, and he put the basket on the kitchen counter.

"Salads for lunch," he announced, gesturing to the basket. "They're shrunken to fit in the basket. Tell Jess she needs to resize them, won't you? There should be plenty there for everyone, even with the new arrivals. So, where am I off to today?"

Robert came back into the kitchen, freshly showered and in clean clothes. It only took Michael one glance at Robert to know something was dramatically wrong.

"Alright, what happened?" Michael asked.

"I can't say I honestly know," Robert said. That wasn't like Robert not to know.

"Sit," Michael told him. He poured Robert a mug of tea and took it to him. "Start at the beginning." Gabe and Mira came in, dressed and ready to go to Khaat's, and when Robert started his story, they sat down to listen.

"Morning, Kaden," Robert said. "We've had a bit of a bumpy start to the morning. I apologize that Jessie's late. My fault, I think."

"Get to the briefing," Michael said. "What happened?"

"I was porting to Paris, and I'm sure I was almost there when I got caught in an explosion."

"While you were porting?" Michael frowned. "Were you splinched?"

"No, and I don't understand why not," Robert said. "The next thing I knew, I was waking up in a woods with Remus."

"What? Come again?" Michael frowned deeply.

"I'm serious," Robert said. "I was with Remus, and he was as real as you all are now. He said he believed I had picked up some seer's energies and it allowed me to be in some sort of altered state with him for a moment. I presume that means that a seer was killed in the explosion, but I don't know that to be any sort of fact. Well, I was only with him for a moment, and then I was waking up in a dumpster on the other side of Paris."

"You bloody well should have been killed," Michael sighed heavily, clearly unhappy.

"Evidently trash has some benefits," Robert said. "I'm not bleeding anywhere except from a bit of tear to the incision in my shoulder. I've managed a dressing on it, though, for now. It'll be fine. I'm far more concerned about getting to the headquarters to see what happened there."

He was underestimating the damage to his shoulder, he knew, because the tear was significantly larger than he had admitted. He had padded it with a heavy dressing, though, so he felt the dressings would hold, and he had taken a dose of pain potion and put a travel sized vial of more pain potion in his shirt pocket.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 100 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 69 ... 100  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top