I love the way you get me, but correct if I'm wrong, this is not a love song!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I love the way you get me, but correct if I'm wrong, this is not a love song! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I love the way you get me, but correct if I'm wrong, this is not a love song!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I love the way you get me, but correct if I'm wrong, this is not a love song! Empty I love the way you get me, but correct if I'm wrong, this is not a love song!

Post by Maura Goldstein Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:40 am

With the constant texting that was going on between her and Ryo, her parents were on cloud nine thinking that she finally found 'the one,' as much as she tried telling them that they were just friends it didn't do no good.  Her parents were counting the days until her and Ryo were a couple, but Maura didn't see it happening, even if Ryo was attracted she just wasn't the dating type.  Although over the past few days her and Ryo gotten rather close through texting and calling each other, just seeing how each others day was or say hello, they texted each other constantly.  Even her best friend Lilyanya was telling her she'll be waiting to the day where she was swift off her feet, but Maura just didn't see it, besides there was nothing between her and Ryo but good friends.   They were good friends and nothing else, maybe but surely best friends, but no more then that, no matter what anyone else thought.

Maura was walking around the crowded street of Hogsmeade with Athena, her little fifth year friend that she considered a little sister,  she knew Athena almost as long as she knew her best friend Kace and that been since they were little.   Maura was buying Candy and sweets for them, having a good time with Athena, even if she was younger then her she was like a little sister to her.  The day went on and Athena's curfew was up, and she was set to go back to the castle for the day, which was quite early but she said she had homework to get done.   Now that Maura was alone, she didn't have anything to do,  she was quite bored.  She wondered if Ryo gotten her text today that she was going to be here, she texted him that she was, but he must have gotten busy in the course of the day and haven't responded.

Maura walking through the busy street of Hogsmeade, her mind wondered what to do now, not much to do when you were alone. Her mind wondering, she walked around Hogsmeade jut thinking about everything in general,  her parents being on cloud nine about her texting Ryo to telling her that they'll be a couple before she knew it.  Rolling her eyes, she cleared her head and walked into towards the three broomsticks for a nice butterbeer to calm her nerves, she wasn't much a drinker and didn't like the smell of firewhiskey.  She didn't get how people drink it, it smelled disgusting and it tasted disgusting, Maura tried it once and didn't like the taste of it.  

Entering the three broomsticks the bell tinkled above her head, as she walked in and sat in her usual place by the window.  Getting her sketching the first thing that came to her head, which was mountains and a small stream below,  it was nature like but Maura liked it.  In her own little world she kept on drawing.  "No... that doesn't look right, should be more shade on he mountains."said Maura to herself shading in the mountains she drawn. "Good god Maura not that much!" she mumbled to herself erasing some.  "Now.. that just looks dreadful!"said Maura frowning looking at her drawing.  Ordering herself a butterbeer, she  tried to fix her drawing, hoping she didn't ruin her beautiful drawing.

(Ooc: gotten permission from Athena to God Mode Athena if any admins or anyone else read this!)
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

I love the way you get me, but correct if I'm wrong, this is not a love song! Empty Re: I love the way you get me, but correct if I'm wrong, this is not a love song!

Post by Ryo Hiroku Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:28 pm

Muggle things weren't ever really his thing. They always seemed to be more complicated than they needed to be, but that didn't mean that Ryo didn't know how to use the devices if he ever needed them. And it was a good thing that he did now, thanks to Maura. If anyone had asked him a couple of weeks back, Ryo would not have ever thought that he would be talking to, let alone texting, Maura.

They were friends, of course, nothing more but that didn't stop rumors and mischievous glances from being started and sent his way.

He didn't think he minded it that much though, since he knew there was nothing going on and there was nothing wrong with being friends with her. It seemed a couple of people at the Ministry knew of Maura, and because of that he was constantly harassed by a couple of co-workers. At some points it even seemed like Hit was jumping on the bandwagon or the potential couple, but Ryo always cleared things up.

He wanted to believe that Hit was just messing around but he also knew how she felt about him being too busy to be in a relationship. He was twenty-five and he hadn't had a long term relationship yet, in fact the only relationship Hit could remember(and that he could remember, actually) was during his seventh year and that hadn't turned out very well. Maybe that was why she wanted him to at least try with someone else again, but Ryo just never really felt it. There never seemed to be a good connection between him and the girls he tried to hang around.

The last text he'd gotten from Maura had said that she would be in Hogsmeade. He'd agreed to meet Hit at the village to hang out with her that same day but he'd gotten busy with work and she'd ended up telling him that she had work she needed to finish up, so they'd decided that they would meet up another day. Most of the day had already gone by and Ryo wondered if Maura might still be there. Are you still in Hogsmeade? he quickly texted, and without waiting for a reply he packed his things up at his desk and decided that even if she wasn't there it had been a while since he'd gone to Hogsmeade and he would visit.

The ex-Hufflepuff waited for a moment to check his phone before apparating to the small village. Because I'm here, too, just in case.

He really was terrible at sounding casual, even through text.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 994
Special Abilities : Metamorphmagus

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

I love the way you get me, but correct if I'm wrong, this is not a love song! Empty Re: I love the way you get me, but correct if I'm wrong, this is not a love song!

Post by Maura Goldstein Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:56 am

Maura knew of muggle devices due to her being raised around them all her life, plus her mother being a muggleborn, she was taught by her mother to do things the muggle way.  Although Maura didn't use her phone much, other then talk to her parents and text and talk to Anya, but now she was texting or talking to Ryo almos every day.  Maura never thought she'll be texting anyone let alone Ryo, she was rather surprise that she was, even if they were just friends.

Rumors were flying as well as bets on how long it'll be until they were a couple, but Maura didn't think anything of them, besides they were just friends nothing else.  Although no matter what she told them, they still took bets like it was a big and major deal.

Maura didn't think it was a big deal, she knew they were just friends and nothing else, really good friends that is but nothing else.  Ryo wasn't the only one who gotten harassed, Maura was at work herself, that was where mainly the bets of how long it'll be until her and Ryo would be a couple was coming from. She knew Anya and Kace jumped on the bandwagon as well, thinking they'll be a couple although Maura told them straight up they were just really good friends.

The longest relationship Maura had was in her fifth year and it was with a Ravenclaw, but it only lasted three months, Muara felt no spark or connection with him even if he was cute and sweet.  Maura really haven't had any long term relationships since then, although many dates because of her parents, but no long relationships. Maura never felt sparks or a connection with any guys lately, they weren't anything that interested or drawn her in, they were just plain and boring.  Now Maura was odd herself, but she wanted someone who didn't think she was odd, but unique in her own way.

Looking down at her drawing, she frowned and decided to give herself a break for now, maybe that is what she needed. Tucking her sketch pad away back in her bookbag, she looked at her phone and seen that she had a message from Ryo and smiled.  She was glad that he finally texted her, she was getting really bored and about to leave,  kind of boring being here by yourself without any company.  Although Hogsmeade was fun, it was always better when you were with your friends, having fun.

Maura took her phone and wrote him back trying to sound as casual as she could.   Yeah I'm still here, I'm in The Three Broomsticks.  That didn't sound to weird did it? Nah.. it was ok, it sounded cool an casual.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:41 pm

Luckily enough, Ryo had taken refuge near the Three Broomsticks just before he'd received Maura's text. He had looked out at the students that were still lingering around the village, trudging back toward the castle and he shook his head. He remembered his time at Hogwarts and how he would go down to Hogsmeade with his best friend(whom he now did not speak to as much) and they would basically sit at the Three Broomsticks or get candies from Honeydukes and then sit in the Shrieking Shack.

They'd try to scare unsuspecting students that would get near the Shack while they were there, and he smiled as he remembered himself as a fifteen year old with his friend laughing their heads off after a successful scare. His head thrown back and hair hanging backwards toward his shoulders, Ryo stared at the sky as his smile slowly faded and he realized it had been almost ten years since that had happened and since he'd had such innocent fun.

He knew that in the back on his mind, his mother was always there. And the hope that she was still alive.

That probably caused him to feel bad any time he seemed to have fun. He had wanted to find his mother so badly, but now that he was going to accept that she was gone, it was something that maybe wouldn't be so bad anymore. Sayori wouldn't have wanted him to think having fun was something bad because of her, he knew that, but he couldn't help but feel that he shouldn't be able to if his mother couldn't have the same opportunity as him.

But he didn't know that.

The vibration of the device in his hand caused him to look away from the darkening sky and he looked at the lit up screen. Cool, I'll go in then. he texted back quickly, before putting the phone in his pocket and walking the short distance from where he was to the pub. He pushed the door to allow himself to enter and he glanced around to find Maura.

"Hey." he said casually once he'd found her and walked up to where she was seated.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:51 am

When Muara was in Hogwarts, she always hung out with Kace in The Three Broomsticks, they would also spend the day stocking up on so much candy that they had enough to last until Christmas. Maura smiled at the memories, those were good times pity it wasn't like that anymore, but once you gotten older things change. She wished things could be that way again, but she knew things were never going to be that way again, it was innocent fun and none of them were that way anymore. Maura remembered her and Kace pranking younger students, it was innocent fun and they didn't mean no harm from it, and no really thought that Maura was the pranking type.

Maura remembered going to the Shrieking Shack her fifth year with Kace, they wanted to see what the big deal was and if it was really haunted, she thought it was funny how people still believed tat it was even to this day. Maura might still be a loner and oblivious be she wasn't dull or boring by any means, even people thought she was, she obviously wasn't. Although she would love to prove that to others that she wasn't, she was a fun and adventurous as anyone else was, she loved adventures and doing new things. That was why she took a gap year and explored different places around the world, not only to find herself, but to have a whole new adventure.

Although Maura felt bad about leaving her family and not really talking to them, that was her worse regret, but she was closer to them then she ever have before, and it was a great feeling. Although now with Halloween around the corner, she spent Halloween with her family, going out to eat and enjoying each other's company for the whole day. Maura already had her costume for Halloween, she always dressed for the holiday, she loved it and it was her second favorite holiday, Christmas was obviously her first one.

Maura looked from the window to her phone as she seen the phone light up vibrate telling her that she had a message. Alright cool, I'll be here. Maura texted back before putting her phone back on the table beside her. Hearing a familiar voice, Maura looked from the window once again, and smiled. "Hey, well it didn't take you long to get here at all."said Maura chuckling. She was glad to see him again, although it was always nice seeing a good friend and hanging out with them.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryo Hiroku Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:04 pm

Lucky as ever, Ryo had managed to stay out of the sunlight until the sun had finally gone down for the day. It wasn't that late but with the way the weather and the seasons worked, the sun had set earlier than it had been and that was a clear sign that summer was practically over. As if the start of the school year had not been enough of a sign.

Well, that mostly only worked for students and those involved with the school itself.

For someone like him, it didn't really. Unless the fact that he was best friends with a student counted, which in his mind it kind of did. But that didn't do much to help him, since she was usually at the Ministry now and he didn't really have to worry about making plans with his best friend to see her. They'd see each other plenty at work, even when they didn't want to.

Right now, their big plans were to spend Halloween together. It was both their favorite holiday, after all. Hit would no doubt go dressed as her favorite creature in the world, a vampire, but he wasn't sure what he would go as this year. He was running out of time, though, and if he didn't find something soon Hit would be mad at him.

It always made him laugh, though, that she was so interested in vampires. They were her favorite thing to be for Halloween and she was always studying them. In fact, that was the whole reason she'd begun to think about a Ministry career - before being an auror caught her interest. When they'd first met, Ryo had been comfortable with telling her that he was a part of them because he knew she wouldn't become obsessed with the fact that he was one. He knew that because she was already obsessed with the idea of vampires itself.

She'd really become a big help for him after telling her. Always making sure he was okay, and that he wasn't going to do anything stupid because of his instincts. He owed her, a lot.

Ryo laughed at Maura's reaction to his finding her. "Well, I can sniff out your scent." he told her, laughing softly.

Forgetting that she didn't know he was a vampire, Ryo had made the joke like it was nothing. He had a habit of doing that, but maybe it was because he'd been thinking about Halloween and spending it with his Gryffindor friend. Whenever she'd get surprised at how fast he found her, he'd say the same thing he just had to her. They did have a slightly better sense of smell, not as great as a dog's, obviously, but it certainly did help.
Ryo Hiroku
Ryo Hiroku
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:31 pm

Maura didn't mind the sun, but it clearly hated her for some unknown reason, no matter what she did she always seem to get sun burned. It was like the sun hated her skin for some reason, which was why Maura hated hot days or summer time, the sun never agreed with her.  Maura was glad it was getting dark earlier, a sign that summer was finally over, something she was thankful for.  Don't get her wrong, summer was great and all, but her skin just hated it.  Maura loved fall and winter the best, besides the first snow fall was so magical.

Maura was friends with anyone and everyone, it didn't matter what or what color they were, she was nice and sweet to everyone. Well... she tries to be, sometimes her sarcastic personality gets in the way, which was why she didn't have many friends.  But hey, Maura rather be honest and real then be a liar and fake, and besides it was better to tell the truth then lie.  Maura wasn't horrible at lying, but she didn't see the point of doing it, you have to lie to cover up that lire and then remember the lie that you told everyone which was stupid in her opinion.

Maura had plans to spend Halloween with her little Gryffindor friend as well, after all Athena's birthday is on Halloween.   Maura already had her costume picked out and everything, and quite honestly she liked what she picked out, even if she wasn't a muggle student or Hogwarts student.   She was a zombie school girl, it was quite unique and she couldn't wait to try it out,  she knew it was going to look cool.   Maura always went all out on Halloween, it was one of her favorites holidays, and she loved it because you could be anyone you wanted to be and no one cared.

Maura knew quite a bit about vampires herself, she loved magical creatures and thought they were fascinating, but very often misunderstood.  Maura read about magical creatures of all kinds, from unicorns to vampires, she knew quite a bit. On top of close friend Anya being one, she knew how they looked and acted, and Maura thought knowing Anya they were misunderstood in so many ways.   Plus muggle made them appear more scarier in books or make them appear to be lame, vampires don't sparkle in the sunlight, they burn in the sunlight.  But then again, muggle always made every magical creature seem scarier or absolutely ridiculous, but they didn't know or understand anything magical or magical wise.

For being a vmpire, Anya was one of her closest friends, and they were very close, they told each other anything and everything.  Of course she was way older then Maura, but Maura seen her as a big sister she never had, and besides Maura didn't care about age.

Maura laughed.  "Oh can you now, what else do you have up your sleeves that I don't know about?" Maura asked him smirking.  

Maura didn't think anything of it, simply thought it was a joke, although if he told her he was a vampire she wouldn't care.  Weird how magical creatures were better friends then normal people were, but them being misunderstood was what made them want to be your friend, they just wanted people to understand not run away from them because they were scared of them.   "Well... take a seat, I promise I don't bite,  well not hard at least." said Maura jokingly.
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top