SPEERS, Mackenzie
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

SPEERS, Mackenzie Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

SPEERS, Mackenzie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

SPEERS, Mackenzie Empty SPEERS, Mackenzie

Post by Mackenzie Speers Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:14 pm

SPEERS, Mackenzie Oth-sophia-bush-brooke

MACKENZIE ABIGAIL SPEERS
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

NICKNAMES/ALIAS:  Haylen

ALLEGIANCE: Neutral

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Ravenclaw/Gryffindor

WAND: Birch, Phoenix feather core, 9.5 inches, not flexible.

APPEARANCE

GENERAL APPEARANCE: Mackenzie has dark brown, almost black hair that lays just beyond her rounded shoulders. Her round, hazel eyes nicely complement her olive complexion. She's an average height, around 5'6" and she has a slender body. She likes to wear fitted long sleeve tops, or cardigans over short sleeved tops. She usually wears skirts, but she always has tights on underneath. She is a large fan of tights with prints such as flowers or cats.

PERSONALITY

TRAITS:
Smart
A good listener
Kind

Quiet
Guarded
Opinionated (though she never shares her opinions)

LIKES & DISLIKES:
Books
School
Cats

Potions
Rude people
People who leave

GOAL:  
To figure out what she wants out of life

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER:
Brennan Speers was a fisherman from Aspen, Colorado. Mackenzie never met the man, because he died in a terrible storm a few months before she was born.

MOTHER:
Elspeth Durant Speers moved to London after the death of her husband, She left all remnants of the man behind in hopes of getting a fresh start with her lovely daughter. Elspeth has always been proud of Mackenzie, no matter what it is she's doing. Elspeth owns an art studio in London, where she specializes in dark images that have a pop of colour. After Brennan, Elspeth married a few other times, always to some unnamed drunk that Mackenzie wanted nothing to do with.

SPECIES/BLOODTYPE:Wizard

SOCIAL STATUS: Middle Class

CHARACTER HISTORY

EARLY YEARS:
She was that quiet child who spent most of her time at home, reading. She loved going on adventures through books. When she was 9, her mother was out all night for the first time. When she was 10, her mother was remarried for the third time to some drunken actor wannabe named Kyle...or was it Kevin? By the Time Mackenzie was 11, her mother had already packed for Hogwarts and decided that it was time Kenzie fend for herself.
HOGWARTS YEARS:
Kenzie is in her fifth year at Hogwarts. For the first four years, she wasn't one to make friends. She spent most of her time in the library. During holidays, she spent the duration of her days ina  small flat just outside of London that her mother had so generously bought for her. She msotly payed attention to her studies, ignoring the rest of the world.
ADULTHOOD:
She is still at Hogwarts, the rest is unwritten.
OUT OF CHARACTER

ALSO KNOWN AS:
I'm Haylen (That was my first character I ever made's name from a dead website called Valtor, so the alias just sort of stuck).

RP EXPERIENCE:
Valtor Academy
Hogwarts a Future
Hogwarts and Beyond
Octela Academy
Aniva Academy
Borderlines
(All but one of these is dead)

HOW YOU FOUND US:
I was searching Forumotion for different RPs

MAIN CHARACTER:
Mackenzie Speers
Mackenzie Speers

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

SPEERS, Mackenzie Empty Re: SPEERS, Mackenzie

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:56 pm

Hi Haylen! Welcome to PA!

I love Mackenzie so far, everything looks good. I just want to clarify what I think is a bit of a disparity with her mother's characterisation and Mackenzie's relationship with her.

In the family and possessions section, you've written that Elspeth is proud of her daughter and it appears as though she loves her very much. However, that's not played out in Mackenzie's history which portrays a neglectful Elspeth instead.

I wanted to check that and see which one you wanted to go with because, right now, her relationship with her mother doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackenzie Speers Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:24 pm

Yeah I just noticed that it is sort of confusing. Elspeth is supportive of Mackenzie and she does love her, but that plot-line was more for the first few years of her life (up until around age seven). As Mackenzie got older, though, Elspeth started realizing that her daughter would leave her one day soon. This became more apparent as Mackenzie started showing signs of being a wizard and she began talking about Hogwarts. Elspeth began trying to fill the ever-growing lonliness by dating men that Mackenzie wanted nothing to do with, and this grew the two apart. Elspeth wants to support and be there for Mackenzie, but she has gotten to a point in her life where the relationship has been severed.

I dont know if that makes any sense? But thats a little more information.
Mackenzie Speers

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:25 am

That's great, thanks! Accepted and sorted into Ravenclaw! <3
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus