RICE, Sophia Elizabeth
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

RICE, Sophia Elizabeth Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

RICE, Sophia Elizabeth

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

RICE, Sophia Elizabeth Empty RICE, Sophia Elizabeth

Post by Sophia Elizabeth Rice Sun Nov 16, 2014 6:03 pm

RICE, Sophia Elizabeth Sky_Ferreira

Sophia Elizabeth Rice
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Sophia Elizabeth Rice

NICKNAMES:   Liz, Soph, Sophie

ALLEGIANCE: Dark Follower

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Slytherin, maybe Gryffindor

CLASSES: Charms, DADA and Potions.

WAND: Cherry wood, Dragon heartstring, 10 ¼ inches

PLAY BY: Sky Ferreira

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOUR:
Dark blonde
EYE COLOUR:
Green-Brown
COMPARATIVE HEIGHT:
Average: 5’6
BODY BUILD:
Curvy but still thin
GENERAL APPEARANCE: Sophia usually wears dark clothes, sometimes she combines white clothes with them. She really likes her black Boots and dark colourful tanktops, usually she wears them with dark Jeans.
Sophia is that type of girl who never goes outside without any Makeup. She usually wears Smokey Eyes and Pink Lip Gloss.
Her hair is dark blonde and she usually wears it a little curly and never in a hair bun or ponytail or anything like that. However there is one exeption: Sometimes she wears them in an Updude, but only for some special events.
Sophia looks a little old for her age, which she always did, and she really likes that.

PERSONALITY

TRAITS:
-Loyal
-Ambitious
-Careful
-Distrustful
-Vindictive
-Selfish
-independent
-Proud
-Erratic
-Spiteful
-Stubborn
LIKES & DISLIKES:
+Dancing
+Art
+Music
+Magic
+Winning
+DADA
+History
+Darkness
+Cats
+Dark Colours
+Rain
+Winter
+Snow

-Athletics
-The sentence: “Youre too young for that”
-Cauliflower
-Unfairness
-Brain Tumor
-Herbology
-Doubts
-Spiders
-My grandparents
-Homework
-Rules

GOALS:
-To not get a marionette of someone else
-Getting a new family, whose members accept her the way she is

HABITS & QUIRKS:
-Doing what her instinct tells her to do
-Doesnt care about anybody but herself

BOGGART: (Greatest Fear)
-Getting Brain Tumor herself

PATRONUS: (Fondest Memory)
-The moment of reading the letter which was allowing her to go to Hogwarts

DEMENTOR: (Worst Memory)
-The moment her mother died

VERITASERUM: (Greatest Secret)
-She is very confused about life and everything which is going on. However she hides it behind a and makes it a secret.

MIRROR OF ERISED: (Greatest Desire)
-To have her mother back

PERSONALITY:
Since her first school year at Hogwarts Sophia hast changed a lot. In first grade she was the cute girl of Slytherin’s first grade. However now she is a different person. Those Slytherins have changed her into a person who cares not only about other persons, but also about herself. They made her looking for herself to live.
But she still cares about others. She cares about her best friends and listens to them, however when it comes to really help them, she fails. She does not do anything to get those problems away.
Usually when you see her and talk to her your first impression would probably be that she doesn’t care about anything. She just lives and does not think about consequences. Actually that is true but then on the other hand she thinks before she acts to not get into bad moments.
She usually avoids it by listening to her instinct. That instinct is somehow her survival strength. It helps her to really get through difficult moments and makes her be careful about what she says and what she does. However sometimes she just acts without thinking, so her instinct doesn’t even have a chance of warning her.
Sophia is a person who seems nice and friendly in the beginning, but after a while you can realize that she can be very mean. She is very clever, so no one realizes about what she can do in the first few minutes.
Being with Sophia can sometimes be very funny, because she is from Germany, so her Grammar isn’t the best and sometimes she even says german words, of course not on purpose.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER:
I only know the first name of my father: Eric. He is a wizard and a Dark follower. He wants me to be like him, but id rather find out what I want on my own. My father and I also meet sometimes, where I am respectful, but I'm never his marionette, and I decide for my own.
MOTHER:
My mothers name is Katherine Rice. She is a muggle and died at the age of 26.
SIBLING/S:
//
OTHER: other significant family or family-like people
Grandmother: Christi Rice; Muggle; 59 years old
Grandfather: Kurt Rice; Muggle; 62 years old
BLOOD STATUS:  Half-blood

SPECIES: Human

SOCIAL STATUS:
Sophias grandparents are very wealthy, however Sophia is not the kind of person who likes all that stuff. She rather is a normal girl, not with too much money and that strict as her grandparents are.
PET/S:
Sophia has a cat called Smokey. She is a black cat with some white parts.

OTHER POSSESSIONS:
optional.  magical artefacts must be claimed through the magical artefacts claim

CHARACTER HISTORY

EARLY YEARS:
Sophia was born on November 1st 2013 in Germany. Her mothers name was Katherine Rice and she was a muggle. Her fathers name is Eric. He is a wizard. Unfortunately Sophia only knows these two facts about him. The reason for that is that she was born through a One-Night-Stand when my mother was very young.
However she grew up at her. At the age of 3 she started dancing. Dancing became her obsession. Sophia got many friends there.
At the age of 6 she startet going to school and she also found friends there, but most of her friends were her friends from dancing.
When Sophia was 9 her mother died of Brain Tumor. That was the reason why she moved to England, to her grandparents. It was very hard for her to live without her mom, especially because she hated her grandparents. They were very strict, which made it very hard for Sophia to start over again. The result was that she got depressed for a few months and she also started struggling with Anxiety which made it impossible for her to go to school. She had to quit Dancing as well.
But then one day Sophia said to herself that life can’t go on that way. So she went to my grandparents and told them that she wanted to go to school again.
Sadly Sophia got bullied after a few days, so she had to deal with that as well. The bullies all were around 16 years old, so she was an easy victim for them. One day Sophia got very mad at them. So she used magic to stop them, to show them, that she wont be allowing her to do that stuff. That was the first time she actually used magic.
Back at home she got the letter from Hogwarts which said that they invited her to go to school there.

HOGWARTS YEARS:
At Hogwarts the Sorting Hat put Sophia into the house of Slytherin. At first Sophia was confused why it put her there. But now she knows that that was the right decision. She has changed quite much in those two years. One of the reasons for that was her first meeting with her father. He tried to get her to the Dark Followers, Sophia said that she would do it.

OUT OF CHARACTER

ALSO KNOWN AS:
Liz
RP EXPERIENCE:
Two months
HOW YOU FOUND US:
Looking for good RPGs on Forumieren
MAIN CHARACTER:
This one
CHARACTER PURPOSE:
Plot?
RP SAMPLE:

The 5th October 2022 was the hardest day in life of Sophia Elizabeth Rice. It was 7 months since her mother died and Sophia herself was that scared of life that she wasn’t able to get up and life her life since the death of Katherine Rice.
But after 7 months, on 5th October Sophia finally decided that life can’t go on that way. She finally got herself away from her bed, downstairs to her grandparents and told them what had to be said. It was hard. But in the end Sophia made it.
She had no idea about how to live her life. She didn’t have any clue about how to do just that. But she knew she had to try. For her mom. Otherwise Katherine would be disappointed in her. And that was something Sophia didn’t want. She wanted her mom to be proud. To be proud of her daughter.

Last edited by Sophia Elizabeth Rice on Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Sophia Elizabeth Rice

Number of posts : 21

Back to top Go down

RICE, Sophia Elizabeth Empty Re: RICE, Sophia Elizabeth

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:02 am

Hey, Liz!

Welcome to PA! I've been reading your app. There are a couple of things that we need you to brush up. First, we do not allow any disabilities in our characters because some of our members are disabled, and we want to treat those handicaps with respect. So--I do need you to take out the dyscalculia, please.

Second, we watch themes of violence very closely because this is a PG 13 site. Can you please tone down the torturing/violence in her history? I really do think she will still be a very effective character without it.

If you have questions, or need help, give us a shout.

Thanks,
K.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22298
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Elizabeth Rice Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:21 pm

Okay I've changed those two things, however I'm not quite sure if the app is ok now, it sounds a little weird to me, but maybe thats just me;) Just reply if sometings unlogical, ill fix it;)
Sophia Elizabeth Rice

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:35 am

She looks a lot better. Thank you. I don't see her as a Gryffindor, though. I can maybe see Slytherin as a stretch, but she sure looks more like a Hufflepuff to me.

Thoughts?
K.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22298
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Elizabeth Rice Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:53 pm

Well in my oppinion Slytherin would be the best. I think, that fits in with Sophia the most, and I would be extremely happy if Sophia could go to Slytherin.
Hufflepuff would be okay, I wouldnt be totally angry if sophia would go there... however I would still be happier with Slytherin.
Sophia Elizabeth Rice

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:56 pm

Okay lovely,

So for us at the moment Sophia doesn't quite fit in Slytherin. She's not Slytherin enough, if you know hat I mean?

If you can demonstrate her ambitions her goals or show elements of traditionalism and craftiness that'd sure her up so she fits.

Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Elizabeth Rice Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:44 pm

Okay so I basically changed a few things, which made me come to new ideas, so now sophia is somehow a different person xD. that wasnt meant to happen, but it happened...
So what do you think about her now?
Sophia Elizabeth Rice

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:45 pm

She's actually more like a Gryffindor for me now. Bizarrely enough. Razz

I'm willing to let it go though, now. Where would you like her to go?
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sophia Elizabeth Rice Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:33 pm

Laughing okay thats funny xD
Anyways, I still think that she should go to Slytherin. I'm sorry, but thats just how I feel about her.
Sophia Elizabeth Rice

Back to top Go down

Post by Everly Bardugo Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:52 pm

Hi, Liz! I don't usually jump in like this, but I think it might help if I explained why she wouldn't fit in Slytherin. Hopefully it will help you to be more certain of the character you're trying to create.

See, the Slytherins are the mean ones, who play pranks and believe that they are better than everyone else. The personality section of your character says that she cares about everyone, and that her housemates made her a better person. That wouldn't actually happen, based on how Slytherins usually act.

Gryffindors are more about loyalty to their friends, helping others, and acting without thinking. All of those things are what you suggested Sophia would do.

That's where the problem comes in. She wouldn't make a strong Slytherin, and the hat probably wouldn't have put her there, even if her father might have been one. If you really want Slytherin, you'll have to make her more about thinking she is better than others, or make her harsher to those around her. Or, at the least, make her obsessively determined to get what she wants. Not all Slytherins are cruel, but she's simply too nice and too giving to be a Slytherin.

If you like her personality as it is, she really should be in Gryffindor.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top