Thank You Notes <3
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Thank You Notes <3 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Thank You Notes <3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Thank You Notes <3 Empty Thank You Notes <3

Post by Everly Bardugo Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:44 am

I wasn't totally sure where to put this, but I felt like it needed to be said, and considered.

As a member base, PA is a lot more closely knit than I expected upon joining about a Year and a half ago. Maybe less. But my point is that, while that's great and all, we forget to thank the people around us. We forget to thank our friends and Admins and our PA family, without whom we obviously wouldn't be on this site.

So I've decided to take a(nother) page from Jimmy Fallon's book, and write some Thank you Notes. Only, unlike Jimmy, I'm being serious. I encourage you to do the same, but ask that we keep this genuine and heartfelt. Anything that is taken as a backhanded compliment will be removed upon request. Good vibes, if you please. And if you feel inclined to answer, I'm sure it would be well received. Oh. And you don't have to format them like mine. It's just easier to read on my phone :3

So here are my first five. (Feel free to do several, or just the one at a time.)

Emily,
Love, you are just the best thing. Like, really, it doesn't even matter what mood I'm in or if someone has said something that just rubs me the wrong way. You're always just right on the money when it comes to setting me straight. I'm sorry that Robin has changed during our threads, but I'm determined to set him straight again. (Not that Avery would mind, either). I know you work a lot and are getting closer to having to pick a University, but I always get really excited when you find time - even if it's just to chat. You're a sweetheart, and I seriously wish we knew each other in real life because we would be the best ever. You know that.

Amy,
You, crazy woman, have completely flipped how I write. Believe it or not, it's true. Even though others have been there on my way to sorting out my posting style or figuring out how to phrase things, you've been that driving force. And okay, you might point out, y'know, "it's just roleplaying, bob. Calm thyself." But I'm convinced that it's helped my goal of writing in other platforms - like at the paper or for my degree. So you continue being awesome and you make those maps, and I'll keep making embarrassing choices with Keiran and painting bad (YEAH, I SAID IT) paintings. Also: #BecauseDarcie Wink

Khaat,
This has the potential of coming off as bum-smooching, but I'm being dead serious. I am so completely grateful you invited me into the staff group. Seriously. I've finally found places to put my spare ideas, and I feel like I'm really helping the site - even if I sometimes (often) say too many things all at once and it makes no sense. Especially when I get stuck on one idea and need a reminder to shut up about it because we can't even work on Hogwarts threads yet because the school isn't open. Plus, I'm really glad we found more reasons to plot together. I always love your character choices and the different writing styles between characters. It's really made me consider how I'm doing my own posts.

Hit,
I'm not sure if you remember, but the first thread I ever finished on PA was one with Addie and Kaiden. And back then, we didn't know if they would end up together or anything. I half expected to like her for a while but then drop her because she didn't have plots. And while things are a bit slow for her right now, I would have a really hard time letting her go with Kaiden in the wings and without his wife xD. I love love love that you put up with me on my bad days when I just need to explain to someone who won't roll their eyes or to someone who gets it. It really has saved me from a lot of brooding, which I don't really do but the word sounded right. I don't know what I do, exactly. But hey. You get the idea - you've seen it. So thank you, both for helping me get my start and for saving me when I most wanted to leave. I don't think I would be here without you, and I'm SO glad that I am.

Darren,
I don't know you all that well, considering I've not been around too long. But I want to thank you for keeping things going even when they get complicated and we're not quite sure what to do. I suppose that it comes with experience, but you always seem on top of things and always ask the right questions for when our plot ideas are just "okay" but really could be Awesome. So I'd like to thank you both for allowing me into the group who gets to help come up with ideas, as well as for keeping our heads on straight when we worry over the little things.
Everly Bardugo
Everly Bardugo
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2817

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top