Fiona - Mcdougal, Fiona
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Fiona - Mcdougal, Fiona Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Mcdougal, Fiona

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fiona - Mcdougal, Fiona Empty Re: Mcdougal, Fiona

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:02 pm

Amelia,

You've got some Gryffindor elements for her but I'd like to see you re-examine that piece because she seems more of a Ravenclaw to me than a Gryffindor. The lying as a strength is problematic b/c Gryffindors are known for their honesty. The other thing that is the primary focus of a Gryffindor is the greater good. They are self sacrificing individuals that, while they like fame and notariety, they are also quick to give up their own lives, if necessary for the greater good, and even quicker to throw themselves under the proverbial bus for anyoen they love.

The way you Fiona designed now, she has some of the Gryffindor outgoing traits, etc, but she fits far more into Ravenclaw. As a canon, she is set to be a Gryffindor, though. Please look at this again.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22692
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:56 am

I added a paragraph in personality. Sorry, it's been a long time since I've ever done a Gryffindor character I forget at times.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:21 am

Its definitely better. That paragraph helped. I think I get where you're going with the lying as both a weakness or a strength, but so I'm clear, please clarify for me how that fits in with a Gryffindor's tendencies for a great deal of honesty. That still is a problem for me for Fiona.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:46 am

Added a few more sentences to the last personality paragraph and in the Strength and Weakness part.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:10 am

While there might be advantages to her being able to lie and to know when and how to use it, the compulsive lying bit is truly a problem for a Gryffindor. Gryffindors are pretty much honest people, for the most part.

I will agree to take the app as it is, but the lying is something you'll have to use carefully because it can rather separate her from the true nature of a Gryffindor.

Accepted and sorted into Gryffindor.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:51 am

I just wanted to add that her mother was a Ravenclaw, she has a lot of her mum's traits. Some traits conflict with each other
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top