Ezra - Dimitriov, Adonis Ezra
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Ezra - Dimitriov, Adonis Ezra Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Dimitriov, Adonis Ezra

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ezra - Dimitriov, Adonis Ezra Empty Dimitriov, Adonis Ezra

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:02 pm

Ezra - Dimitriov, Adonis Ezra Tumblr_lxcq4vkOjI1qld7gbo1_500

Adonis Ezra Dimitriov
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Adonis Ezra Dimitriov

NICKNAMES: Ezra

ALLEGIANCE: Dark Fallower

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Slytherin

CLASSES: DaDa and Potions

WAND: 12 inches- oak(strong)- veela hair- bendy.

PLAY BY: Landon Liboiron

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOR: normal length not to short but not too long, dark brown with highlights.

EYE COLOR: green

HEIGHT: six foot 6

BODY TYPE: strong, skinny, athletic.

GENERAL APPEARANCE: A. Ezra has dark brown hair that isn’t short but not too long either. It frames his strong square shaped blank face and green eyes. He has a big nose an small thin lips accompanied with a strong jaw and high cheek bones. He is about six foot tall with almost golden skin. He tries to dress nice by letting his sister do his shopping for him. Normally he would be seen in jeans and a polo shirt or something of the same type along with any type of closed toe shoe, or possibly even in his Hogwarts uniform mostly without his cloak, and almost no color.

PERSONALITY

GOOD TRAITS:
    -Good at Dueling
    - exceeds at Potions (better than most of his peers. Seems to come naturally)
    - Good looking
    - Smooth talking
    -Smart
    -making people happy
    -people pleaser
    - Protective

BAD TRAITS:
    - MEAN
    -Commitment Issues
    -Heart barker
    -Smart ass
    -know it all
    -being weak
    -depressing
    -people pleaser
    -controlling
    -lazy
    -mean
    - Transfiguration

CHARACTER LIKES:
    -Pranks
    - watching quidditch
    - Dueling
    - Sleep
    - the arts
    -the arts
    -girls
    -pretty things
    -sweets
    -pure bloods
    Money
    -rain
    -surprises
    -power
    -attention
    -darkness

CHARACTER DISLIKES:
    -Muggles and Mud-bloods
    - going to class
    - Gryffindor’s
    -Cheese
    -goody goodies
    - Fears
    -looking weak
    -emotions
    -childishness
    -fun
    -meat
    -omnivores/ carnivores
    -Smokers
    -parties
    -studying

GOALS:
    -to be Death Eaters affiliated with and in a high position because of the family.
    -Be a potion master

QUIRKS:
    -bits his lip
    -runs his fingers through his hair
    BOGGART:
    -Emotions and showing them

PATRONUS:
    -the first time he flew

DEMENTOR:
    -his childhood.

VERITASERUM:
    -his feelings.

MIRROR OF ERISED:
    -to become a potions master

PERSONALITY: He is a self-centered jerk who is protective of the people who he does find interest in however he doesn't know how to hold down a relationship. He acts like he knows it all and is sometimes a little too controlling for his own good. He is an excellent dueler and loves to threaten others whenever he gets a chance to do so. He is all around evil no real goodness about him. He seems depressed most of the time and takes his anger out on others. He only shows his true self and emotions to those he truly does love, like his siblings, but no those he can’t stand. He is cold and cruel to his parents and those who raised him in a cold cruel world. Adonis’s dislike of people who will eat meat originates from his being a vegetarian. He is most likely to first beat them up because he thinks it is wrong to eat an animal because we ourselves are animals, though he'd rather beat everyone up he tends not to not really knowing their views on eating animals (Unless told he couldn't know if someone is a vegetarian or not). And though people find him mean and cruel due to his being the first to throw a punch or hex someone into the next world, he is really a big softy inside though most will not see it. And all of his anger and aggression comes from his lack of love as a child. His lack of attention.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER: Petar Dimitriov

MOTHER: Ilia Dimitriov [nee pecheva]

SIBLING(S):Vance Julius Dimitriov- younger brother
    Julia Selina Dimitriov- younger sister

OTHER:

BLOOD STATUS: Pureblood

RACE: Part Veela

SOCIAL STATUS: Wealthy

PET(S):
    Owl- snowy- Snooki
    Cat- Tabby- Jenna

BROOMSTICK():

OTHER POSSESSIONS:
    (OPTIONAL)

CHARACTER HISTORY

Early Years: As a Child Adonis was taught that emotions were a sign of weakness and that pain was weakness leaving the body. He has always embraced the pain and seemed completely emotionless. He spent most of his time alone or studying with a privet tutor, with all three of the Dimitriov children being home schooled until they were elven, he didn’t really have any friends and was happy being alone.
    His parents didn’t spend much time at home and when they were home they paid no attention to their eldest son, only the younger two. So Adonis was raised by the Nanny’s and stepped in as a father figure for his younger siblings, helping rise them with the same cruel things he was thought, even if they did not believe in them as he did.

Hogwarts Years: Adonis did well in most of his classes excelling in Potions and Defense Against the Dark Arts, and not faring as well in Muggle studies and History of magic. He spent most of his free time alone or watching over his siblings from a distance, only stepping in if he felt they were in danger. He has gone to the headmaster/mistresses office for fits many of times and spent most of his days in detention writing stuff and helping the professors with what they told him to. Always alone he never really made any friends and his school years didn’t change much from his childhood.

Adulthood:n/a

BEHIND THE CHARACTER

YOUR NAME: Cecilia

RP EXPERIENCE: 5 years

HOW YOU FOUND US: Andy

OTHER CHARACTERS:Cecilia Krum, Nathaniel M., Kayla Brians

PURPOSE OF CHARACTER: To Marry Dani

RP SAMPLE:
    Spoiler:

Last edited by A. Ezra Dimitriov on Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:24 am; edited 6 times in total
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 444

Back to top Go down

Ezra - Dimitriov, Adonis Ezra Empty Re: Dimitriov, Adonis Ezra

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:56 pm

The base of 'A. Ezra' is good so far but, honestly, he's quite flat and one-dimensional in terms of character. Some adjustments need to be made before he can be accepted, I'm afraid. I'll list a few things that need to be tweaked before he can go through, just to help out, but really he does need be reworked all over for him to work. He's good, really, he is, but he does need to be developed more before he can move well amongst other characters.

He seems very isolated and, as mentioned quite a bit in the app, unfeeling. He can't be entirely that way, can he? Regardless, no one is that heartless, even if their family is the only exception. Also, the carnivores/omnivores thing -- what's that all about? Is he only willing to associate with vegetarians? Can you explain that?

Threatening people is not a good trait, no matter which way you spin it. Also, can you explain 'people pleasure' please? People pleaser is already on there. Is that a typo-repeat or did you mean something different? Also, why does he dislike fears? Which takes us down, briefly, to his Boggart. Cheese and Emotions. A bit weird. If you want emotions to stick perhaps make it: revealing his emotions or something of the like.

I am a little confused by the personality overview. He hasn't displayed any real dastardly traits, or at least from what I see; and he seems to be a victim of circumstance. His fear of emotions does not make him evil. No, it makes him very small, I think, in terms of the way he's viewed by his family and such. To me he feels as if he's repressing his self for his own safety so perhaps the evil you seem to be trying to force on him is more of a safety mechanism than it is a genuine thing.

In terms of him being 'wonderful' at potions, I think that needs to be toned down and his subject-weaknesses need to be tweaked to give him a practical weakness rather than theoretical which is, essentially, what M-Studies and History of Magic is. Perhaps he struggles with Transfig?

This is what I've picked out. If I've missed something the other admins will pick up on it. We just want to make sure you've got the best possible character to start out with. :3
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:13 pm

Okay Eli i will edit this after my bf leaves but for now i'm just going to answer your questions from here....

Unfeeling/Cruleness: He only shows him true self to those he cares about. mainly only his two younger siblings and Dani. otherwise he would be mean rude and most likely punch the guy in the face.

Carnivores/Ominvores: He will asosiate with them but he'd be most likely to beat them up. he thinks it s mean to eat animals.

Threatening- he's good at it... that that its good..

People pleasuer: or however its spelled upthere, was a typo but i ment to put it there. he likes to make the people he cares about happy, but he sometimes takes it to far completely forgetting about him self.

Dislike of fears/emotions: he was taught and belives that Fears and Emotions are a sign of weakness and he can't look weak. as for the bogart part thats kindof what i ment

His fear of Cheese: i don't know how to explain that.. maybe i could put that in the rp sample?

He really is a big softy underneith.. but almost no one will see that, and if they do it will be for brife momments at a time.. like a slight sparkle in his eye just before he become his hard cold stare again.

he's bad at studying, though i see him useing his magic alot. though i don't see him in transfiguration..

does that help for now?
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 3155

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:36 pm

okay i edited it.
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Maddie Kane Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:39 pm

He is the school bully.. not really evil.. i'm just really bad at writeing mean people sometimes.. But he's not mean really.. its all a big show..
and i had ment to take the threatening people out.. or atleast i thought i had..
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:21 pm

The character, to me, still seems to forced, Cecilia. He's black and white, there's no grey seemingly, and he's almost clichéd, I'd say. He needs something that makes him different. He's a school bully, you said, but school bullies are hardly 'evil' - they've got security and self-esteem issues. He needs to be a bit more natural. He seems to be labelled rather than described - i.e. "he's a self-centred jerk" - and so appears to be stunted and underdeveloped. I suggest you go back through and develop him a bit more. I know he will develop through rp but it is crucial that you start him off on the best foot and if he's at a weird stage in the application process then rp-ing him will be difficult - do you get what I mean?

Monroe, your input is very helpful, thank you! If you could help some way, that would be great. My 'dark' characters classically are a bit meh so if you could help then that would be great! Members learn better from each other rather than just getting dictated to by the all-knowing admins. Haha. (:
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnathan Ashwood Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:34 pm

one question... where do you all keep getting evil from? i never said anything about him being evil.. mean yes but not evil..
Edit: okay i Just relize i did have that in there but yeah..
and I edited again...
Johnathan Ashwood
Johnathan Ashwood
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:55 pm

Okay. I still have some concerns. First, you really do need to soften the 'wonderful at potions' remark in his abilities. No one at his age is wonderful at potions. That develops over time and experience. I will accept 'good at potions', 'above average at potions', 'excels at potions'--but I cannot accept 'wonderful.'

Second, i am troubled by how the omnivore/carnivore business will play out. you do realize that only about 8% of the population in England claims to be vegetarian? That means he'd rather beat up 92% of everyone around him. That goes beyond bullying in my book. I'm okay with the fact that he is a believer in animal welfare, or that he believes that it is wrong to eat meat. But...I think how you've worded it will end up being a difficulty for you to play out for him once he's on the boards. Please do consider softening that as well.

Since you asked where we're getting the idea that he's evil, I think where we're getting that he could tend to be evil is that he wants to be the leader of the Death Eaters. That, to me, makes him a contradiction to himself. Check the wiki if you doubt me, but the Death Eaters were followers of Voldemort who were pureblood supremacists who specialized in the practice of the Dark Arts. That leads us to see him as either being evil or having the underlying personality of an evil person. That's where I get it from when I read the app, anyway.

He seems, to me, to either be a huge contradiction in himself. Or--you have the framework for a character who is more like draco than anything else. The desire to be evil and not having developed the 'chops' to do it yet. And that, i think, is where we're having the problem seeing him clearly. Thats where we have trouble seeing him as just a jerk or seeing him as evil. That's, I think, our snag.

If you want to make him just a jerk and a bully then i suggest you really do lighten him up. Otherwise, he does look more towards evil tendencies than being just a bully. When I think of jerks and bullies, i think of people who are basically insecure deep down underneath, but not really bad, but also not so intensely focused on long term evil-minded goals either. if he wants to be the leader of the de's, then perhaps it is because thats what his family expects of him. Perhaps he's being pushed into it. I rarely see bullies who are that secure with themselves when you get underneath it all. Crabb and Goyle in the Potter canon, and probably Draco, are textbook bullies.

We really are trying to be helpful for you in getting this guy launched for you, but when we read an app, its important to us that we see him the way you do, because in our experience, we've found that when we don't, those players end up having trouble with them once they're approved.

Am I making sense at all? Does that help in the least? I want to help you get him approved, much as it probably looks like we're ripping up your app. We're not trying to do that at all. The framework for him is basically good, but we just see some things where he seems to not work as well as we think he could.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22646
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie Kane Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:26 pm

I completely forgot i put the death eaters part in there.. i've been really out of rping these past few days.
I do not relize any statistics of England's vegitarian/non-vegitarian ratios because i don't live in england.
I've been watching to many old cop shows..
All of this reading is giveing me a head ake
i just got lost in your post
I really have problems explaining myself and my desisions/ thoughts
and i've edited again.
Maddie Kane
Maddie Kane
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top