Dammit Austin!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Dammit Austin! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Dammit Austin!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dammit Austin! Empty Dammit Austin!

Post by Matthew Lestrange Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:16 am

Matt was feeling sore, maybe it was age but then again he was still young. Maybe it was his body, he had after all finally kicked his drug addiction. At this point in his life he'd done everything but kiss a girl, even had sex, or gotten shitfaced drunk. Which was next, he didn't know in the slightest. He thought he'd take a walk, it was nice and sunny and he had no reason to not enjoy the sun. So he locked his apartment door, his bachelor pad, and set off for wherever the hell he wanted to go. Maybe he'd visit the Ministry and look for a job. He needed one, that addiction had him gone for months.

The birds were singing, people were smiling, and not a cloud was in the sky. Matt liked overcast and rain but this was nice too! Hands in his pocket, he suddenly felt a thirst. He took a left and headed for a small shop where he could buy himself a drink. Little did he know, he'd see someone special and not even realize it.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 6872

Back to top Go down

Dammit Austin! Empty Re: Dammit Austin!

Post by Michael Tremaine Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:19 am

Michael had been out all night. He'd finished his business, had slid down Hiss and had waited for the magical rope to curl itself back into Michael's oversized messenger bag. He saw no one here in the tiny side street.. He opened his jacket pocket and tucked his night's work into the back and ordered Hiss to guard it and tie up anyone who might try to cause mischief with the bag or its contents. He paused, took a moment to straighten himself and his appearance. He was pleased with himself. For a few hours of work, he might well make several hundreds of thousands of galleons.

He walked out of the side street and decided it was about time for some decent Earl Grey, maybe a scone, a newspaper and a pipe. He hadn't gotten far when he almost bumped into someone. He looked up and took a second to recognize who it was.

"Hey, Skinny!" Michael said, surprised to see the Ex-Minister here. "I thought you buggered off to some tropical beach someplace. Good to see you again." He felt something tickling his side and felt the corner of his bag. Hiss was peeking out of the edge of the bag to see who they'd run into. Michael shoved the end of the magical rope back into the bag without looking at it. Nosy magical rope.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:32 am

Matt turned around, he knew that voice. After so long he honestly couldn't forget it. "Michael!" he said as he turned around! "Not getting into any trouble are you?" he asked slyly raising his eyebrow and grinning. The shop was nearly empty except for a young couple. Matt had become alot more observant in his absents, and was ready to show how much he changed. He pulled up his sleeves to his elbows. He noticed Michael's bag shake a little bit, he was dying to know what was inside. But best if he waited a while before jumping to that. He hadn't seen ANYONE in months and was actually quiet happy to see him. He didn't want Michael mad before he even managed to ask what was new.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:45 am

"Its about time you showed up," MIchael grinned. "Its good to see you. We've all missed you. And why would you think I would be getting in trouble? Just earning my keep with the Ministry, my boy." He saw Matt eyeing his bag and the fact that it was moving. "Hiss," he called. "Front and Center. Come meet a friend. And don't spill the bag, would you?"

The rope slithered partway out of the bag like a cobra, raised up and seemed to be eyeing the new man present with them, shaping itself into a question mark.

"Don't be rude," Michael told the rope. "He's a friend. Abbey's godfather. Now be nice. Hiss, this is Matt." The rope seemed to look at Michael, with about as much surprise as any rope could muster. "Yes, THAT Matt," Michael nodded to the rope. Then Michael looked at Matt. "Skinny, meet Hiss. Khaat has particularly missed you. She is the source of this very opinionated rope knowing about you. Don't ask where one finds a rope that can think for itself. Its a very long story." The server approached them. Michael was about to ask for tea and then sighed. "Oh, what the hell. Firewhiskey. Top shelf, please," Michael ordered, "And whatever my friend is drinking." The server looked at the rope. "Not that friend," Michael frowned. "The other one." The server merely mouthed an "Oh" before looking at Matt for his order.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:42 am

"I've been busy!" he chuckled and rubbed the back of his head a huge grin on his face. "Well I've missed all of you too!" he lied, he really had been too focused on kicking his habit. He had nearly forgotten everyone, except for a fair few who were really close. That ultimately helped him win his fight, the memories of friends. Now Matt was intrigued on what Michael had in store for him. He eyed the rope as it came out of the bag, he stared it down. It seemed almost....dog like...but with human traits. He didn't know how that was possible but it felt right thinking it.

He blushed, he knew Khaat would remember him the most. But not like this, from what it seemed this rope already seemed to like him. "Uhm, just a coffee please." he told the server. She smiled and went off towards the back. "So, what have I missed then? Just like, in personal means not entire Wizarding World. I don't really care about the whole world right now." he said.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:11 am

"There is no need to want to take on the whole world," Michael said. "That's boring as hell anyway. Well, let's see. There is no particular order to this, Otto has a girlfriend now, and now my house is overrun with tiny footstools that think they are cocker spaniels that eat only socks. They are housebroken now, so that does make it easier.

"Khaat is engaged to Brian. He gave her a gigantic ring with all sorts of diamonds and emeralds, and they seem to be blissfully happy. Your goddaughter is now 14 months old, walks, talks, has had some accidental baby magic, and is a beautiful, gentle child. She's about to be joined, any day now, by twins. Khaat's just about at the end of her second pregnancy, and so far its gone like a dream. As she tells me, one of Robs disgruntled employees got a notion that if she doped both Khaat and Rob up with Rob's pregnancy potion it would finally finish off whatever bond existed between Rob and Khaat. Truth be told, I haven't seen that woman back at Rob's labs since the night she did it, and I'm asking no questions. But that potion would impregnate a bus ticket if the ticket got soaked with a dose of it. It wasn't Khaat's fault, and indirectly Rob's. Anyone who makes that sort of nonsense needs...well,...maybe a bit more time with the dementors. Anyway, Rob has buggered off again, as usual, and life is about to change drastically for the Lupins any day now.

"Robert Lupin--he is a relentless workaholic, but you knew that. Kate has gone into business with Jessica Dark Heart. They've bought Madam Malkin's, and it appears to be selling things well. Jessica has been hired as a healer at St. Mungos as well. And me? I'm still helping myself to Honeydukes Fudge whenever I please. I take what I want, he sends me a bill, I pay the bill. Then in a few days we do it all over again. So, all in all, I don't think you've missed a damned thing. Not in personal lives anyway.

"But tell me about you." Michael could see that perhaps this trip had not been a year laying on a tropical beach with women in thongs or scanty bikinis. There seemed to be a few miles of rough road behind the young man. "You don't have to say anything you don't want to. Just know that you're in the company of people who have been down their own share of desolate road, and we'll be glad to help you make the adjustment a bit easier. You just have to give us the word."

Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:35 pm

Matt listened intently, honestly, he felt that he had missed alot. He almost felt sad that he'd missed that much. Normally he would be there for Khaat, watching Abbey and such. But this time...oh this time, that ONE time that wrecked the past three months of his life. Three months he would never get back, and three months he owed plenty of people. Matt trusted Michael, but he really didn't feel like talking about it with him. He wanted to speak to Jess first, then perhaps Khaat or Robert. But first things first, he needed to move on.

"Uhmmm, well to be honest I'm not in the state to discuss it." he sighed. "Painful, painful, memories. Give me some time and I'll get back to you in full detail of my last few months." he told him grinning. "But, I guess...well the scars tell the stories better then I could..." he thought outloud. He pulled up his left sleeve, there were a few scars where he had inserted the needle. Heroin ruined a part of Matt, he sighed and pulled it down. "There's a sneak peak for you." he chuckled nervously.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:55 pm

"I tried that at one point," MIchael said dryly. "It didn't work out so well for me either. I decided against it. And it looks like you fought the demon and won. That is the important part, now, isn't it? And don't forget Khaat had her own addiction with illegal potions. None of your friends are saints. They'll accept you as you are and be grateful that you're back." The server brought their drinks, and Michael tossed a few sickles on her tray to pay for them.

"So tell me. Now that you're back, what are your plans?" MIchael was gently sizing up Lestrange. He knew that Lestrange was a strong ally to Khaat and Robert, and at some point or another, Robert's survival might well hinge on every friend he had. The time was coming fast, and Michael wanted to protect not just his goddaughter and her children, but her father as well. It was the only family Michael had. Well, the only family that was worth talking about, anyway.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthew Lestrange Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:06 am

Matt thanked the server and took a drink from his drink, using the time to think. It's true, alot of his friends had dark pasts and secrets. He had yet to find them all but was pretty sure they all had one. He hadn't really thought about what he was gonna do now that he was back. "I was thinking, if Khaat'll have me and nobody else has taken the job. That I would join the Mental Health wing of Mungos." he told him. "But with my luck, It's unavailable and I'll have to go back to bar tending at the Cauldron." he sighed.

Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Kam Elldir Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:51 pm

Thaor had just left the Ministry and decided to go for a coffee. As he entered the shop, he noticed someone he hadn't seen in, months, no, maybe years. Matthew Lestrange, and with him, Michael Tremaine. Thaor hadn't seen Michael since the deal with the puppy-footstool. He wasn't sure if Robert had explained the situation to him or not, so he decided to just pretend it never happened.

Thaor walked up to the pair. Michael, Matthew. He said with a nod. Upon closer examination, he could tell Matthew had had a rough couple months. Drugs were the most likely culprit. Time hasn't been your friend Matt, but then again, it hasn't been any of ours. Thaor said with a slight chuckle.
Thaorson Kam Elldir
Thaorson Kam Elldir

Number of posts : 593

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top