Collins, Jake
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Collins, Jake Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Collins, Jake

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Collins, Jake Empty Collins, Jake

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Sun May 01, 2011 5:40 pm

Info

Mentor- Arabella Johnson
Career- Healer
Classes- DADA, Transfiguration, and Charms

Last edited by Frank P Longbottom on Mon May 02, 2011 12:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 169

Back to top Go down

Collins, Jake Empty Re: Collins, Jake

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Sun May 01, 2011 5:43 pm

Frank sat in his office, wondering how he went from Auror to a career counselor. Now he was working both jobs, but he was actually pretty excited about this. He liked dealing with people and also loved to help them, so this was sort of a win-win situation. He was feeling very optimistic about everything, especially this new internship program.

He reviewed his file on Jake Collins. The boy seemed like your average Gryffindor boy and Frank saw a little bit of himself. Not too outward, but not exactly antisocial. And the boy wanted to help people by interning as a Healer. Frank could relate with that. He was looking forward to getting to know this boy, just as he was with everyone who came into his office.

He closed the file and smiled at Jake, who was sitting across from him at the desk. "Hello, Jake! I'm so glad you are here and that you decided to do this internship. Now before we really begin, could you answer a few questions? What classes are you currently taking? And why do you want to be a Healer. Also, please ask any questions now."
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Evander Yaxley Sun May 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Jake had signed up for this internship program in hopes that he could be able to do something constructive. He didn't want to be just another kid who does nothing to help people. That's why he wanted to take a Healer internship. He loved to be around people and help them, and in his mind was the best thing for him to do.

"Well, right now I'm taking Defence against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, and Charms." he said, looking up slightly. "I want to be a Healer because, well I want to help people, and I don't want to be like some other kids who don't do anything. I want to make a difference and help anyone I possibly can."
Evander Yaxley
Evander Yaxley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Mon May 02, 2011 12:47 am

Frank listened carefully to everything the boy said, making notes where needed in his own file of the Gryffindor boy. Frank had been right in a lot of his thoughts on the boy. He did however frown when he said his classes, but continued to listen because he wanted to politely hear the boy out. The boy finally finished and Frank smiled, nodding. "Okay. My only qualm is that you may want to consider taking Potions to be a Healer. Just a thought."

"So let me explain the process. I will put you in touch with your mentor and you will have a day where you shadow them on the job. Then you report back here and we discuss the progress you've made, what you've learned, talk about anything you might need help in to be successful in the Healing field. And if at any time you decide you do not want to pursue this field, you just let me know."

"Any questions so far?"

Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Evander Yaxley Fri May 06, 2011 2:35 am

"Right. I had thought about taking Potions, but I wasn't totally sure if I wanted to be a Healer so I decided not to take it." Jake said. He had had a tough time deciding what classes he should take, but Potions never really grabbed his attention even though he wanted to be a Healer. But he now wanted to take it, to help him become a Healer.

Jake listened to him, nodding occasionally, taking in everything he said. Down to the last word. "No, not really. You've pretty much made everything clear, so far." he responded.
Evander Yaxley
Evander Yaxley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly Minerva Weasley Fri May 06, 2011 2:48 am

Frank nodded, scrawling down that the young Jake might consider changing his classes to fit the bill of a Healer a little more before looking up and saying, "Well if you are very serious and very certain about being a Healer I suggest looking into Potions. If you have too many classes, Charms really is not necessary for the job but the other two are useful."

He continued, "I'm glad you're understanding so far. Th is working out just as we had all hoped it would. Here's the information about your first day with your mentor." He scrawled the information and slid it over to her. "You've been paired with Arabella Johnson, a Healer at St Mungos. I'm sure you'll learn a lot. If you have any questions, my door is always open."

((I will post the thread in your Info once it is made))
Molly Minerva Weasley
Molly Minerva Weasley
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top