Welcoming Feast! - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Welcoming Feast! - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Welcoming Feast!

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Welcoming Feast! - Page 4 Empty Re: Welcoming Feast!

Post by Guest Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:26 am

The Krum boy hadn't gone unnoticed. Danica doubted he was unnoticed by anybody in Durmstrang. Not because he was particularly striking; there were at least a score of boys from any of the schools who equalled or surpassed him in looks, but because he was their long lost baby. She flicked her fingers at him in a wave from across the table.

The story of Elijah Krum was shrouded in gossip and misinfomation. Some said he'd run away from their school because he was too soft to endure the strict regime. Others said he had to move because he couldn't live up to his father's quidditch fame, even going as far as to imply that he'd been disowned because of it. That made Danica chuckle.

And now, here he was, the boy himself. She would be able to get to the bottom of the mystery, though Danica doubted it was nearly as interesting as any of the stories her peers had dreamt up in the years since she'd last seen him.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:03 am

Chase felt a bit of disappointment seep into her when she realized none of the foreign were sitting at the Hufflepuff table, or the Gryffindor table it seemed. Specially because it meant she wouldn't get to talk to any of the foreign's that night. She sighed and stood in the doorway to the great Hall. She was late, she knew.. but she didn't really care. Her eyes roamed over the chatting students, and then felt the small smile she had had on her face, disappear. Elijah looked so.. so.. upset. There was something wrong with that picture, Elijah wasn't a perfect happy person, but he usually didn't show his emotions THAT much... she didn't have anything with him, but she was worried for him.

He had just sat down at the Slytherin table when a thought crossed her mind. What if she sat next to him? What could they do? Kick her off the table, sure, but it would take a bit for people to notice, espcially if she did a color change charm on her robes. Slipping out of the glowing light of the Great Hall. Chase pulled out her wand and flicked it towards herself. The yellow on the lining turned to green, and the badge on her chest turned into a Slytherin badge. "That's more like it." She giggled and glanced into the Great Hall again. "Here goes nothing." She smiled and strode in, heading straight for the Slytherin table with a smirk.

Finding her seat next to Elijah, she didn't say anything at all for a long moment. "Hello..." She said, trying not to sound to cheerful, because the rest of the Slytherins and Durmstrang students sure didn't. But she didn't really care at this point. She had pretty much forgotten about her stand outish hair, and knew that she was like a sore thumb sticking out amongst the darker students around her. She looked at Eli and smiled largely. "I don't see why the Slytherin's and Ravenclaws get the hog the new kids all to themselves, so I'm crashing the party." She said smiling happily before pulling a plate towards her and getting some food without really caring about the people staring at her.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Number of posts : 2008

Back to top Go down

Post by Claire A. Prideux Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:46 am

Claire was, as usual, late to the festivities of the evening, but her swagger as she walked into the Great Hall didn’t show an ounce of concern for her timeliness – likely because she didn’t actually have any. The room was expansive and already filled seemingly to the brim with people. She recognized a few faces among the masses, mostly of people she had seen glancing in her direction as she left the carriage earlier today, but no one stuck out in particular to her.

Moving from where she had been standing in the doorway, Claire moved among the other students, careful not to stand too close to anyone who might damage her precarious social standing among those students who had not yet been informed of her reign. Of course, it was Claire’s assumption that others could sense her popularity simply by looking at her, marking her as someone worth knowing, but she didn’t want to take any chances by standing too close to the five-foot-tall midget boy with glasses and a stack of three textbooks clutched to his chest.

As she approached the table which had been assigned to the Beauxbatons students, she could see several of her classmates scattered along the table, obviously not as conscious of their choice in companions. Claire could see Selene talking with a frail looking waif of a boy, while Lana and Tifanie had somehow thought it appropriate to find company with a girl who looked as though she would be more at home in a magical menagerie than among the witches and wizards that currently surrounded her.

Rolling her eyes at the absurdity of her classmate’s lack of social awareness, Claire strode quickly down to the end of the table, taking a seat far enough away from the rest of the students that she would not be associated with them, but close enough that some might approach if they were so tempted. Claire could decide from there whether or not to deem them worthy to sit in her presence, and she knew for certain she would not hesitate to inform them of her standing with her.
Claire A. Prideux
Claire A. Prideux

Number of posts : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Remembrance Lyn Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:14 pm

This wasnt usual for Remembrance. She was usually always on time to things such as this that were important to her. This was the first feast with other kids and she was late. This is Great, I'm late to the feast, And i have to wear my robes in front of kellan and his friends. Remembrance thought as she walked towards the door of the great hall.

Memmy wore her normal Dark robed with a blue and white tie and black shoes. Her long black hair was strait since thats how her mum told her to wear it while at school. With her being in all dark colors she looked more gothic then she had ever looked in her life. There wasnt a smile on her face because of how gothic she looked.

When memmy entered the great hall, She looked around at all of the foreiners hoping to spot kellan. She couldnt tell if she could see kellan or not so she went to the ravenclaw table and sat at her usual table where barely anyone usually sat because of the fact that Remembrance sat there and also because of the fact that their friends are somewhere else.

With all of the loud commotion all memmy could think about at that moment was hoping to eat and talk to foreniers for a bit then leave and get some relaxation up in the towers or somewhere as soon as she could.
Remembrance Lyn
Remembrance Lyn

Number of posts : 240

Back to top Go down

Post by Nerissa Hatts Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:58 pm

Nerissa was late to enter the Great Hall- but she continued to walk at a slow and steady pace, practically dragging her feet as she went. Her shoes made loud, obnoxious, sandpaper-y noises as the bottoms grinded against the rough, stone floors of Hogwarts. Nerissa had rid herself of the place; she had thrown all her belongings in a suitcase and had walked off without giving it a second thought- but things never went as simply as planned, and that was when Nerissa ended up back at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, shoving open the Great Hall’s large double doors in order to join the chattering students at the long, crowded Ravenclaw table.

…but things never went as simply as planned.

The first thing that the young, female redhead noticed were the faces; there were new faces everywhere, speaking with each other, eyeing the decorative ceiling that made the Great Hall distinctive as if they had never seen anything of the sort- “Who are you people?” Nerissa whispered, knowing quite well that her voice would not be heard; she wished to know why so many new students had suddenly joined her house, but she had never been very skilled at relating with other people, and figured this was as much of a problem as a language barrier. Nerissa’s dead eyes flicked over the new faces; all of the new beings that had been sorted into Ravenclaw were female, apparently.

Nerissa slid slowly into a seat towards the end of the table, fidgeting in her seat- and with the dark blue table cloth for a moment when it got stuck in one of the buttons on her robes- before resting her elbows on the table, and propping her chin up in her palms; she would listen to the voices. Nerissa couldn’t remember the last time she had stopped to listen to voices and laughter- something that she had enjoyed since she was old enough to know what those fancy words falling from those strangers’ lips meant- and knew that if you really wanted to know something about someone- about anyone- all you had to do was pay attention to what they said when they weren’t aware you were listening.

The British voices seemed to fade out slowly, becoming white noise as Nerissa reached for the nearest bowl of Jell-O, listening to the students on the other end of the table. The English words fell off of tongues that weren’t used to such a language. The young redhead tilted her head to the side slightly, resembling a curious pigeon, “foreigners…” she muttered, turning slightly to eye one of them, who was sitting only a few seats away from her.
Nerissa Hatts

Number of posts : 482

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:38 pm

The juice was warm. It wasn’t Elijah’s spell that had made it warm but rather the spell on the jug from which it came from. Whatever spells the house elves had used had worn off and now the Pumpkin Juice was warming up. Elijah stared despairingly at the scarlet liquid but it seemed unmoved by his glare; naturally. It wasn’t alive so it couldn’t shrink further back into the goblet as he glared. It just sat there. It was juice but Elijah couldn’t shake off the feeling that it was mocking him. That’s right, juice – juice that had never been alive except when the fruits were growing to make it – mocking him.

Elijah sighed in irritation and took his eyes away from the goblet. He pulled his plate towards him and looked around him for a tray of fish or something remotely appetising. He spotted some neatly cut slices of beef and reached forward. He put a few pieces of the meat onto his plate and brought the bowl of potatoes back with him as he sat back down. He pushed some of the roast potatoes onto his plate and put the bowl back down. He then found the bowl of vegetables and spooned a little of everything onto his plate before, for some strange reason, adding mashed potato to the mix.

The food looked great but Elijah didn’t know if he was hungry. He scored a few lines across the mash with his fork. Elijah felt the bench move slightly beside him, welcoming a new person to the table. He looked sideways at whoever it was and back down at his foot. He made to get some mashed potato but the fork slipped from his hands, clattering onto the plate. He looked at the person seated beside him and gaped at Chase. She was sat at the Slytherin table wearing Slytherin robes.

Elijah picked his fork up again and put it to his lips, taking the mashed potato off of it. He took it away and held it properly before looking at Chase. “Not everyone wants to have the new students, y’know.” He said with a smile. He looked away from Chase for a second to see a familiar face wave slightly at him. Elijah paled and he looked away. He shovelled some mash onto his fork and filled his mouth with it before he could panic over nothing. Elijah swallowed the potato and glanced at Chase. “I admire your sense of adventure, Fen. You’ve walked into the snake’s cave. How do you feel about that?”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Chase filled her plate with a few things here and there, and then glanced at Elijah. "It doesn't concern me." She said with a smile. "There was no one at my table I wanted to sit by, and I hate being a loner.." She said flashing a nasty grin at a Slytherin that was watching. "What?" She growled, before going back to her food. "I changed my robes... they can't even tell! For all they know it's just one of those, I've seen you around before, but haven't paid attention to you." She said with a small smile, taking a drink of her warm pumpkin juice. "Bleh..." She growled and looked into the cup. "Aweful.. ah well." She said and took another drink.

She glanced at Elijah and then sighed, putting her hand on his shoulder, she leaned in and whispered. "You look severely upset Elijah.. what's wrong? I hate seeing you like this." She whispered sadly, before leaning away from him and giving him a sad look. "I don't like it.." She muttered before letting her gaze fall onto her plate again, except that it didn't look remotely appetizing now. She set her fork down and then smiled at another Slytherin who was staring. "Can I help you with something?" She growled, and watched as they looked away. "Gosh.. just because my hair is red..." She muttered, her hand flying up to push a strand off of her forehead.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Elijah Krum Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:29 pm

Elijah picked his knife up and cut some of the beef. It cut like a dream, as if it had been cooked by angels themselves when in actuality it had been cooked by a load of elves wearing potato sacks for clothes. That was the grim reality and it nearly put Elijah off of his meal. Nearly, not quite. He cut up the bits of beef before shovelling some more mash onto his fork. That stuff was good. He brought the fork to his lips and ate the potato; he removed the fork to his mouth again and swallowed before looking at Chase. “Someone’s probably noticed y’know. There aren’t many redheaded Slytherin’s. You would have blended better if you changed the colour.” He informed her. “But personally I prefer the red on you. I don’t think any other colour would fit.”

He looked back down at his meal and sighed, his eyebrows coming together in frustration. He should have just gone to the kitchens instead of putting himself through the torture of having to sit with old school friends. It hurt, it really did. Here were the faces of people that laughed or ridiculed or just remained silent while he endured the first two. It hadn’t been fair and it still wasn’t. He’d been that studious little twat that wore his uniform correctly and had more books than body fat. Some of the books had been bigger than him and it had made them easy to hide behind. He hid between his books and his art so they would just leave him alone. The only place he could hide was the library and even there he couldn’t get away from the whispers. But even then they were still there.

Elijah jumped when he felt Chase’s hand on his shoulder and once again the fork clattered onto the plate, landing in the mash the same way it had last time. He looked at Chase and bit his lip. Once again he picked the fork out of the mash but this time he didn’t put it back in his hand. He looked at the Slytherin that was staring at her and Elijah glared at the younger Slytherin who quickly looked away. He bit his lip again and shook his head. “N-nothing is wrong. I just kind of wish Hogwarts didn’t have to host the Triwizard Tournament...then I wouldn’t have to be around all of the other students. I- I never really had a good experience at Durmstrang.”
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Chastity Moor Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:39 pm

Chase smiled. "I do have rather red hair.." She said putting her hand through her hair again. "But I couldn't change that! Not by a long shot.." she said with a grin and shook her head. "Besides.. who said I was blending?" She smiled. "This party was getting boring, thought I would.. mix it up a bit you know what I mean?" She laughed lightly and continued to eat, her fork digging into the mashed potatoes on her plate, as she glanced into her cup. "I wonder why the pumpkin juice got warm.." She said slowly, and then pulled out her wand. Flicking it at the cups, the air above it seemed to steam, and then the outside of the cup grew so cold little bits of ice formed on it.

She picked up the cup and sipped a bit. "Ah! Perfect!" She said and then shivered. "A bit.. to cold though.. ah well, cold is cold." She said with a smile, before flicking her wand at his and the same effect happening. "There.." She said with a lighthearted laugh, before setting her own cup down and digging into her food again.

Chase looked at Elijah with concern when he jumped and dropped his fork again. He said something about not liking Durmstrang, and she looked around the table. The Durmstrangs did seem to be staring at him a bit more then usual. He had gone there before, and transferred to Hogwarts... but she didn't realize exactly what had made him transfer. She put her hand over his lightly and leaned towards him. "It's alright Elijah, they can't do anything while they are here.. wanna get out of here? I"m not hungry anyway.." She looked down at her plate and sighed. "we could go to the kitchens or something." She said with a small smile and she giggled. "Besides.. I'm sure if Jack saw me over here, she'd flip, so better not let her see." She said letting go of his hand, and shoving her wand back into her pocket.
Chastity Moor
Chastity Moor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ethel Prerana Atkinson Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:04 pm

Ethel was like, totally bummed out that none of those kids from other schools were sitting at her table. They weren't even sitting at the next table across. She was nowhere near them. It was sucky.

Annnd she was totally not standing for it. Sitting for it. WhatEVAR. Everyone knows she was never supposed to be sorted into this stupid house anyway, so there was no reason for her not to sit at the Ravenclaw table. Unlike some people, Ethel didn't feel smart insecure enough to want to blend in with the actual Ravenclaws, though.

She sidled up to some of the Frenchies. She wouldn't have noticed if the boys were hot or not. I mean, she supposed they were hot in the same way that she supposed Rick Jagged was hot, but really they were more like fascinating toys that had been placed in the hall for her personal entertainment.

"Bonjour!" she greeted the nearest one brightly.

"Je suis Ethel Atkinson! Bienvenue et Hotwarts!"

And with that, Ethel had pretty much exhausted her knowledge of their visitor's native language.
Ethel Prerana Atkinson
Ethel Prerana Atkinson

Number of posts : 34

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top