Fee Fi Fo Fum - Page 25
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Fee Fi Fo Fum - Page 25 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Fee Fi Fo Fum

Page 25 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fee Fi Fo Fum - Page 25 Empty Re: Fee Fi Fo Fum

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:14 am

Jack looked at Robert and sighed "You can't live on potions alone, you need a brake." he said reaching down he tore a strip off his shirt " here wrap this around it, its still clean." he said " I'll follow you closely and let the others know where you've gone, but I could go with you. if its James again I want to know." he said

Jess looked out and saw Jack talking to some one. " I agree Kate, He needs rest, he'll burn himself out with all those nights not sleeping." Jess said following her with Abby " I'll get some healing salve for him when he comes in." Jess said moving to the potions lab to fetch it.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:27 am

"Thank you," Robert said as Jack wrapped his hand. It was his dominant hand, something he really couldn't afford. He used his hands to heal by touch, and when they were impared, he couldn't diagnose or heal as efficiently. He would have to rely on his left hand and on his wand for whatever it was they needed.

"A night or two without sleep doesn't bother me, but you and Kate are both right. This cannot go on. I need at least one night to try to rest up a little," he admitted, a rare thing for him to admit he was far from his best. He didn't usually ever discuss his own vulnerabilities. That, in itself, was a some sort of internal warning, making him change course from his usual choices.

"I don't know if it's James," Robert said. "I won't know til I get there. I'd appreciate the company tonight. I'll need a few minutes to clean up and change first. I'll have Angus send word that I'm coming." The alarm on the medallion went off again. He didn't want to lash out and say the cuss words he was thinking. Instead he took a deep breath to calm himself.

"I guess we'd better get back sooner rather than later," he told Jack.

"It's getting to him," Kate said. "We can help him, but only so much. We are not a good substitute for a good night's sleep, and he knows it. thank you, Jess. Whatever you can do to help. And, if there's any more Wide Eye potion, you might as well bring that too. He's going to need it."
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22485
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:36 am

Jack nodded then sighed as the medallion went off again. " Lets go right now, I'd rather lose three gold than a life." he said hoping Robert would let him aperate him into the main house.

Jess headed down to the lab finding the salve she also grabbed some clean clothes and a warm bowl of water to clean Roberts cut. Returning she cast a warming spell on the bowl to keep the water warm until emptied. Then she looked for the wide eye potion. finding it she took two bottles and headed back up stairs with everything.

"I hope its not too bad, Abby doesn't think it is." she said to Angus.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:52 am

"That's fine," Robert agreed, thinking more abut the cigarette he was craving than finishing the course.

"Are we safe to take the word of a two year old?" Angus asked.

"Well, first, the women in my bloodline have always gotten their abilities early, though not this early," Kate said. "And at two, she doesn't have it in her to lie. The worst the will happen is that we'll get first aid supplies ready and he won't need them. Jess is right. We need to rely on Abbey at the moment."

Angus had worked with Robert enough in Paris to know what happened when Robert went a couple nights without sleep. He knew what Robert gravitated to in order to keep going. He put on a large moka pot of espresso and got out a thermos to put the espresso in so Robert could take it with him. Then he went into the study and got out a couple fresh packs of cigarettes and found Robert's silver cigarette case and refilled it with the fresh cigarettes. The case was enchanted to hold two packs, and when Angus opened it, the case was empty except for two cigarettes. He laid the refilled case next to the waiting thermos and laid the stray cigarettes next to the case, along with Robert's wand.

Kate brought out his watch and the few things he carried in his pockets--some change, his money clip, fresh handkerchief, keys, alarm jewelry, and all the rest of it. She laid it with everything else. Checking what he had in his money clip, she got out some extra money and put it in the clip. He hadn't even been checking if he had any cash with him. That was about as far from his norm as it got. Robert was never short on cash. She was sure she wasn't going to let him go alone tonight, even if she had to go with him herself.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:00 am

Jack nodded and moved closer to Robert taking his sleeve he ported them into the main house and then stepped back. Jess looked at the two of them and moved to Robert Taking hold of his hand she began to clean it and start it healing.

"Abby told us you'd hurt your self." she said as she applied the healing salve over his grazes. "Everything you need is here on the table" she pointed to it " Jack please go and change you shirt, I'll repair it later." She smiled as Jack kissed her cheek and headed up the stairs.

"I hope everything will be okay" she said " and its not James again" she finished applying the salve and began cleaning up.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:15 am

Robert was surprised to see they had supplies waiting, and he was even more surprised to learn Abbey had known he'd gotten hurt.

"Abbey, how did you know?" Robert asked her.

"Dunno," she shrugged. "Aggie, more cookies?"

"One more," Angus said, "But just tonight. Not every night. Understand?" She nodded, and he gave her a second cookie.

"When you see those things, you need to tell us, Abbey. They could be important," Robert told her. She nodded, eating her cookie. "It was my own stupidity. I should have taken that alarm off before I went out."

"Give it to me," Kate said quietly. He looked at her with a frown, and she held out her hand for it. "Give it here, Robert."

"What for?" he asked, taking off the medallion for St. Mungos and handing it to her.

"Thank you," she said, tossing it up in the air and blasting it to bits with her wand.

"Oh, nice shooting," Angus said. Robert rolled his eyes at Kate.

"Wonderful. I have more, you know," he said dryly.

"You're not going back there by yourself, and if you think you're putting in another all nighter, I will come and fetch you myself if I have to. You're taking someone with you, and you will come home as soon as you put out whatever this fire is. Do you understand me? This is not a request."

"Jack has already said he'll go with me," Robert said.

"Good. If you try to take on a second task, he can simply pick you up and haul your sorry butt home," she told him.

"Nice talk," he said sarcastically, picking up the two stray cigarettes and lighting on.

"In the house! In front of Abbey? What are you thinking?" she snatched his cigarette.

"Oh, good gracious. They're not illegal. She's two. She's not going to be scarred for life by a cigarette," he snatched it back.

Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:30 am

Jess returned to see Roberts medallion burst into pieces she could not help but chuckle at the banter. Jess was about to scold Robert for smoking but Kate beet her to it. She stood and folded her arms hoping he would take it outside to smoke.

Jack returned with a dark red tee shirt and jeans on he also looked as if he'd grabbed a quick shower. " okay you ready?" he asked " Kate if it gets late I'll put him over my shoulder and bring him home." he said with a smirk knowing Kate would appreciate him being home so he could sleep. " besides I think Jess would have words keeping me out so late."

Jess nodded " of course." she said looking at Robert before she moved to Jack and kissed his cheek gently " okay stay safe, please and keep Robert safe too." she felt his arms go around her waist as he lent closer to her his head resting against her forehead as he spoke softly to her.

"I will always return to you and I will keep whom ever I am with safe to the best of my ability's" he said to her and smiled as Jess smiled up at him.

"okay now go, sooner he's done the sooner your back." Jess said stepping back from him to stand next to Kate.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 14, 2019 1:37 am

"Give me one moment to get out of my sweats," Robert said. "Thank you, Jess. I believe I'll live." He got up, went upstairs, and refreshed quickly, changing his clothes, putting on his regular dark suit, white shirt and dark tie. He looked fresh and professional, even though he didn't feel like it. He came back downstairs and put his belongings in his pockets. Angus handed him the thermos.

"You knew," Robert said.

"How often have I made you a thermos of espresso in Paris?" Angus smiled.

"I'm glad you're here now," Robert said. "Thank you. We'll be back as soon as we can. I really do not have any desire to be there all night, despite what Kate might tell you."

"It's 9:15. Let's see if you get home before this time tomorrow night," Kate said. He frowned at her.

"Let's go, Jack, before they try to page me again and find out I've been 'disconnected' by my 'loving' wife," he told Jack.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:09 pm

Jack noticed Roberts return now changed into clean clothes. He quickly gave Jess a kiss on her cheek and moved to Robert and chuckled as he spoke. Porting to St Mungo's he moved to quickly check Roberts office for anything out of place. Seeing nothing he moved to stand in a corner to let him do what he needed. Standing there he noticed a medallion laid on a side desk and picked it up. Walking over to Robert he handed it to him. " I think they found out." he said handing it to her.

Jess finished cleaning up the first aid things and salve, placing them back where she got them from before heading to the kitchen " Angus do you have any of that tea I had earlier, its looking like a long night." she asked sitting down on a stool at the center island.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:16 pm

"My secretary," he told Jack, taking the new medallion. "She's almost as efficient as Kate is--almost. I'm presuming that they told her I didn't respond, so she laid out another alarm for me as a not-so-subtle hint to get with my own program. Little does she know that Quick Draw Kate annihilated the alarm I had. Alright, let me see what the devil was so all fired important."

He went to his desk and picked up a stack of memos to go through them when a red howler envelope zipped into the room an fluttered annoyingly in front of his face.

"The ER charge nurse is the only one who dares to send me a bloody howler like I was 11," Robert rolled his eyes. "And, honestly, the howler is easier to deal with than her. They both sound about the same, and the howler doesn't smart back. Might as well open it." He snatched the envelope and opened the envelope.

"Robert Thomas Lupin!" the red envelope shrieked, "I've paged you five times in the last fifteen minutes! What part of 'emergency alarm system' do you not understand? Hazel Blackwing is in labor with her baby, and she and the baby are in distress. You're the surgeon on call--again! Either show up, or hire some responsible healers! If you're not here in three minutes, I'm sending her to a muggle hospital! Chief of Staff, my eye!" The howler gave an exasperated groan and then a pop and showered the desk with confetti sized pieces of red parchment.

"Well, Jack," Robert said, "Looks like I'm probably going to be doing some surgery. Come along, if you're up to the sight of it, or go find something to keep your interest for an hour or two. There's the gym in the basement or the cafeteria, if either of those interest you. Or you can wait here if you want." He picked up a pen and scribbled a note.

"Your rank doesn't allow you to transfer a patient to lesser care, Harriet. R." He changed it into a paper bird and sent it downstairs.

"Staying or coming with, Jack?" Robert asked, locking his belonging in his desk so he could change into scrubs if necessary.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum