Site Skin Preferences
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Site Skin Preferences Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Site Skin Preferences

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What kind of skin would you prefer?

Site Skin Preferences Bar_left18%Site Skin Preferences Bar_right 18% 
[ 2 ]
Site Skin Preferences Bar_left82%Site Skin Preferences Bar_right 82% 
[ 9 ]

Total Votes : 11

Site Skin Preferences Empty Site Skin Preferences

Post by Keiran Hayes Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:50 am

So we're talking about changing the skin again, as this one has some weird quirks and a missing code section which means it's hard to edit it. In the poll, we have a general question as far as what sort of skin people want. So please vote on there through your main character account only.

Also, we do have a couple of old skins that were brought up in Discord that we *might* be able to tweak enough to make work. The blue one has been mentioned a lot, but there were some issues with it so basically we're not sure how long that would take.

I can also hunt down potential replacements based on the type of skin we're looking for, and people can vote on those as well? We're sort of feeling this out as we go. I did find a pretty dope skin that has forums scrolling over a single image, for example, and we could make it all Potter-ified. Which I only bring up specifically to make clear that we have lots of options based upon what y'all want!
Keiran Hayes
Keiran Hayes
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 548

Back to top Go down

Site Skin Preferences Empty Re: Site Skin Preferences

Post by Elijah Krum Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:35 pm

I am torn because I blooming love the nostalgia of this skin but I'd also prefer something lighter. A true quandary.
Elijah Krum
Elijah Krum
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 4833
Special Abilities : Occlumens, Parseltongue, Animagus
Occupation : Owner of Eli's Fine Dining, Artist, Deputy Minister of Magic

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:48 pm

I'm definitely going to be the odd one out because I actually like darker skins more than the lighter. However, I think that's because they are far more migraine friendly than the lighter ones, so my reason isn't really aesthetic as it is more medical.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 4350
Special Abilities : Seer, Legilimens

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:52 pm

Christy, you bring up a good point. I have chronic migraine, so, basically, I have a migraine 24/7, and it hasn't responded ever to treatment, really. So I hear you loud and clear. However, what we're sort of looking at is perhaps a muted sage green color so that it isn't as harsh as the old winter white skin was. if we were to look at a lighter color, do you think that perhaps something in a midground might work for you? Not as dark as this, but not as harsh as the old white skin?
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22298
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:03 pm

I said in discord that I'm totally game for a more muted color, just so long as it isn't anything super bright.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:04 pm

I couldn't agree more!

yeah, I haven't done the discord thing yet but I might have to at least consider it. Smile
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Christabelle Whittle Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:45 pm

It's super easy to use! Definitely would give it a try...worst case is you don't like it and then just don't use it.
Christabelle Whittle
Christabelle Whittle
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliet Thruston Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:55 pm

Seconding the bright colours thing. For me, it's less about the hue and more about the shade. So for example, this wouldn't work for me but this would. Similarly, this wouldn't work but this would. My personal preference is for muddier colours like this because I find them less distracting and easier to ignore, but anything that won't be too much of a chore to look at is good with me.
Juliet Thruston
Juliet Thruston
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 32

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:19 pm

I agree that less "in your face" shades are far better.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Anabelle Mulciber Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:26 pm

I definitely agree with Alyssa, I'm the same way. Different shades of colors have different effects on people though, so for those of us who like the darker shades because they're less distracting, there are others who feel the same way about brighter shades. It's all about balance, which is always hard to find, but I definitely think that something like a seafoam green color would work out the best since it's in the middle of both sides of the spectrum. But anything that's more muted works too.
Anabelle Mulciber
Anabelle Mulciber
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 3936
Special Abilities : Seer

http://khandvampireknight.forumsmotions.com

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top