Keep this to ourselves - Page 2
The Staff Team
Khaat
Matt
Jackles
Addie
Welcome to Potter’s Army

WELCOME BACK, ALUMNI! Potter’s Army is a roleplaying site that's been up and running since 2007. We have just revamped the site for an AU version of our previous PA adventures, with our old writing buddies.

The current IC year 2022.

Keep this to ourselves

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Keep this to ourselves - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep this to ourselves

Post by Cronis Yaxley on Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:25 pm

"I don't know." Cronis shook his head.

He wasn't sure how he was supposed to explain his father's views on the ministry and healers. Cronis'father thought of it as a weakness to be a healer if you were a male. Had he been a daughter rather than a son, he was sure his father would have supported it wholeheartedly. Cronis hated the way his luck always went.

He looked at Eva. "I don't expect you to understand where I'm coming from with this. But my father is a very traditional, hypocritical man.", It burned in his mouth, to call his father a hypocrite. "He just expects this of me, because I'm his heir. He doesn't want me to.. throw away my life, i guess is what he thinks of it like."

He ran his hand through his hair and sighed. "I know it would be best to just ignore what my father wants and thinks, but I can't help but think I need to live up to what he expects of me. Merlin knows my brother won't." Evander just wasn't ever going to be who his father wants him to be, and it wasn't because his brother was trying to go against him, rather he just didn't have it in him.

"I just don't know what to choose."
Cronis Yaxley
Cronis Yaxley
Sixth Year Slytherin
Sixth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 81

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Keep this to ourselves - Page 2 Empty Re: Keep this to ourselves

Post by Eva DeLuca on Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:05 am

Eva sighed. No, she wouldn’t have comprehended where Cronis was coming from with being torn. Not with how her parents raised her. Although, they could be a bit on the protective side. It had only taken her missing curfew once with Tyler to find out just how insane they could be about where she was and having a talk about responsibility with her.

“If it were me.” She began seriously, “I would go with where my passions were. Obviously with you it’s being a healer. I mean after all, despite what you think your father would think you’re here helping out when you could just as well be doing anything else.”

While Eva’s parents would have preferred her to pick a sensible profession to join once she finished school, they wanted to allow her room to attempt things and fail at them. Learn from her mistakes. “The worst you find out is that being a healer isn’t for you and you can always go back to the original plan right?” she asked him curiously.

She tucked some of her hair behind her ear, “I mean, if you had parents like I do that’s what they would tell you regardless of if it was what you wanted. The worst is you try and fail, a positive would be that you love what you do and you’re happy.”
Eva DeLuca
Eva DeLuca
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 455

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum