Lunch at the Black Lake - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lunch at the Black Lake - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lunch at the Black Lake

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lunch at the Black Lake - Page 2 Empty Re: Lunch at the Black Lake

Post by Scott Fenwick Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:48 am

"Good," he said, truly impressed with her. "It is that sort of spirit that not only inspired the Order of the Phoenix but also created it, and it's what has kept it alive for all these years. That notion that someone refuses not to do the greater good is what kept us from falling into the hands of wizards so evil, people were too terrified to say their names. Personally, I like that you have that same spirit, and I don't think you should lose it or let anyone tell you otherwise. You know, a few of the original members of the Order are still around these parts and still fight for those things, people who knew and fought along side your grandparents. If we come across any of those people on one of those weekends, you might like to meet them, maybe. You might find that they have all sorts of ideas of what you can do to be doing something. If there is anyone who knows what a wizarding war is like, it would be those who have been through one. And, perhaps, those who have been through both of them might have more ideas."

"I know some of the Order members," he said. "I'm told I knew your grandparents before their accident, but I don't remember. I was so little back then. My father was a member in those years before he passed, and I grew up knowing a lot of them. I believe they would tell you to keep training with your Defense Against the Dark Arts skills so that you had confidence in your own skills and in your abilities to use them and when not to. They would want you to keep studying and learning all your can learn and to pay attention to what your strong suits are with your own magical skills and hone those as much as you can. If there's something I can do to be of assistance, I trust you'll ask me. It seems like your family and mine have been allies for over half a century. Some traditions are worth keeping." He smiled at her.

He could understand the granddaughter of Frank and Alice Longbottom. She had lost having the many gifts and blessings that grandparents can be to a child, just as he had lost his father. He wasn't going to quantify whose loss was greater. There was no price on lost time and lost love and broken dreams and hopes. Whether she comprehended it or not, he guessed she had heard, like everyone else, the legend of poor Benjy Fenwick, the Order member who had been killed in the First war and who had only been found in little bits and pieces, so he felt no compunction to bring it up. However, the truth he could plainly see. The two of them had common ground.
Scott Fenwick
Scott Fenwick
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 24
Special Abilities : Metamorph

Back to top Go down

Lunch at the Black Lake - Page 2 Empty Re: Lunch at the Black Lake

Post by Ace Longbottom Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:18 am

She listened to him thoughtfully, the words pounding in her ears and drilling themselves into her soul. She was a keg of gunpowder and Professor Fenwick was playing with matches.

She wasn't sure how she felt about meeting people who knew her grandparents. It felt like a secret, they belonged to her family and her family alone. She knew people should know their names, call them heroes, but she also didn't know that they'd want it. Her father seemed bashful about them, even now. But maybe that was just sadness.

"Thanks," she said, shifting a little uncomfortably. "I'd like to know what ideas they have. So, I'll see you there? In Hogsmeade that is?"
Ace Longbottom
Ace Longbottom
Fifth Year Hufflepuff
Fifth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 30

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top