Things Left Unsaid
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Things Left Unsaid Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Things Left Unsaid

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Things Left Unsaid Empty Things Left Unsaid

Post by Stephen Meyers Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:39 pm

The last few years have been a blessing. Edward knew that now better than ever. But as every blessing this one had a limit of time to work under. Nothing lasts forever. He always knew this wouldn’t as well but perhaps he had grown soft, been too close to the light to ever see the darkness gaining field over him. He had just expected that once it came it would come directly over him and not attack him in the worst way possible. Elizabeth was the love of his life, the reason why the mark in his arm hadn’t consumed him completely. They could do with him what they wanted but to hurt her instead, that was too much for him.

It has been already a few days after the accident when he finally sat down to write. His first intentions were to direct himself directly to his son and for a couple of times he tried to write to him. But he never has written him a letter, not since Stephen had gotten into Hogwarts. Merlin’s beard! He wanted to. So much. He had always wanted to be the one Stephen could share all his experiences in Hogwarts with but he feared that by doing so he would be in danger. He feared they could track him and find out who he was and therefore use him to get to him. Stephen knew nothing of this and he was the last person that had to suffer because of his, Edward’s, own mistakes. He thought it would be best to put some distance in between them, both Stephen and Adriana. And it was already too painful to watch them grow up without being a part of the process… Edward decided against it. He would write to the headmaster himself so that, at least, Stephen didn’t have to receive the news through a piece of paper.

Dear Headmaster,

I thereby request Your Excellency’s assistance in a situation as fragile as this is. My wife had recently been victim of an accident that has left her in a very poor condition. Prognosis is yet unsure but for the time being she is out of harm’s way. My request to you is to put our son’s, Stephen Meyers, mind at ease. As it was yet unsure of what the future held for his mother I had prevented myself from alarming him and therefore he shouldn’t know yet of what has happened. I beg your understanding for the sensibility of the situation and why I do not wish him to acknowledge the situation by his own means or by an unreliable source but would also guarantee him a form of support I know you will be able to give him while I cannot.

In addition to this, if it is his wish, I thereby authorize him to come visit his mother at St. Mungo’s. My wife would be more than glad to see him. I just ask to learn whether he chose for or against this visit so that the proper preparations could be arranged.

Kindest regards,
Edward Meyers

In less than a few minutes Willow, the family owl, was already flying away carrying the scroll Edward had given him. He watched the owl go fly away until he couldn’t see more than a small dot in the greyish sky of London.

He didn’t know yet if this was the best he could have brought himself to do concerning his son but he hoped that someday he would be willing to understand all he has done as his and Adriana’s father. He wasn’t sure if forgiveness would be on his son’s list of vocabulary towards him but he didn’t need complete blind forgiveness, and he knew he didn’t exactly deserve it that way, but the starts to understanding would be enough for him.

Later, after crossing a few Spring storms Willow approached Hogwarts’ fields. However, the course was different from the usual. He didn’t soar down to the Great Hall as it was usual to meet with Stephen as he was used to. It wasn’t either in the direction of the Gryffindor’s tower but up above a different tower. In a matter of seconds, he had landed by a window at the side of the tower and hooting softly while pecking the glass to let whoever was inside know he was there.
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Things Left Unsaid Empty Re: Things Left Unsaid

Post by Stephen Meyers Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:03 am

But the blessing hasn't been for all. Stephen had always been a lonely wolf, lion, if you will. What made it ten times worse when he came from a family of snakes. Or at least, that was what he thought the real reason of the fight was. It sure had began years before his entrance upon Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. It sure had started way before he was called in to the Gryffindor's table instead of his father's dearest Slytherin. But it did become worse after that. Letter decreased every month to two or three to one and then to one a year only to end as none a year, not even Christmas. He had wondered if at the end of the year he would have someone there at King's Cross waiting for his arrival. That there was. That was what grandparents were for anyway, but he had even expected more from them throughout the school year.

Bitterness aside. Stephen was very fond of his family. Possibly very fond of the memories that had stayed behind that, unlike these he was making nowadays, were made of something good and even better to remember. He missed them the whole year. He missed his father as he was years before, the one that would take him to Quidditch matches and would actually talk with him other than coldly staring and glaring.

As it was he had no idea of what it could be happening from their end. Hopefully nothing but nowadays one could never get their hopes to high at the risk of breaking after the fall.
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Tue Aug 14, 2018 4:03 pm

When the house elf came to find him Stephen was both surprised and curious. Never in a million years he would guess what that was all about. He didn't even think he was in trouble; quite frankly, for a Gryffindor he didn't even get into that much trouble.

He stood up packing his belongings in the bag and went upstairs to the headmaster's tower. Luckily the house elf stood around long enough to get him through the eagle passage way. When at the door, he knocked.
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:07 pm

Stephen peaked in still hesitant. He had never before encountered himself in the headmaster's office. Or in any professor's offices to be fairer. The news of professor Haynes leaving had shaken every student and the same came with professor Thorfinn assuming the place. The first one being the more striking, of course, as he had never had anything against any of them.

Closing the door behind him Stephen stepped forward closing the desk not really sure of what was happening. "You had me called, professor?"
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:54 pm

Stephen took a few seconds to proceed as asked and sit down in the chair in front of the desk. His will was to urge the new headmaster to go on with what he had to tell as the anxiety was killing him faster rather than slower. But he stood silent as he waited for the news to come not so sure of where to look at. He would have laughed at his looks if he was watching from another angle that it wasn't his own eyes.
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top