I hunt for you across the hallowed ground
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

I hunt for you across the hallowed ground Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

I hunt for you across the hallowed ground

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

I hunt for you across the hallowed ground Empty Re: I hunt for you across the hallowed ground

Post by Lily Luna Potter 1st gen Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:16 am

She was trying not to count down the days. Apollo was graduating early but it wasn't like it made the situation any less worse. A professor publicly dating a student right after graduation was still something to turn heads. And even if she moved on to a new job, the assumption would be that they had been together - never mind the fact that they were together before she even got the position. Not that any of this mattered. She didn't have a new job lined up, his graduation was still over a month away, and she had things to focus on.

Like exams.

Which, side note, was much worse for the professors than people gave credit.

So despite her misanthropy, she was almost relieved to be interrupted during her test prep. Drawing her robes around her to ward off the settling chill, she crossed to the door and pulled it open.

"Can I help you?"
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 431

Back to top Go down

I hunt for you across the hallowed ground Empty Re: I hunt for you across the hallowed ground

Post by Lily Luna Potter 1st gen Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:31 am

He had features that were vaguely familiar, but she couldn't be sure if she recognized his face specifically or a face like it or some other sense of familiarity- Ah, there was the last name. She couldn't imagine what Shylock's brother wanted of her, but she sense it probably wasn't a good thing - especially if Shylock hadn't warned her.

"Hi," she said, the disbelief melting away into an almost warmth. "Of course," she said, stepping aside for him to come inside. She looked over the apartment, trying to look better at hosting - which was apparently what she was doing. "Would you like anything to drink?"
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Luna Potter 1st gen Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:48 pm

Lily inclined her head and walked towards the kitchen, marveling a bit about how much she had sounded like Ginny, or perhaps Teddy, in her offer. It wasn't so long ago that she had answered the door to Kit's brother, forcing him to remain on the stoop as she stared at him in all her doped-up, pajama-clad glory. Now, she looked neat, trim, and clean in all senses of the word. And remarkably normal as she prepared tea.

She nodded at his words. "I have," she said, her voice cautious as though worried to incriminate herself. She knew very little about Monroe, and wasn't sure if her friendship with his brother was a welcome one or not. She decided to figure that out right off the bat. "Is he why you're here? Everything okay?"
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Luna Potter 1st gen Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:38 am

He was polite, curt, almost professional. No, certainly professional. And it didn't seem like he was speaking carefully because of nerves. She couldn't place her finger on it exactly, but it was almost like colleagues who did not know each other well. Except she didn't know this man, this stranger, at all. And he was in her quarters.

She poured the tea and delivered his cup to the small table, indicating that he sit, before she sit across from him. He wasn't getting to the subject, so she supposed it was best they... settle in? She wasn't sure. She hadn't had a visitor all year, not even her adopted brother who worked in the very same building. She wasn't exactly sure how to host.

His question was what struck her as odd. A stranger, inquiring after her health and well being. Perhaps it was just courtesy, common manners, but she had been raised under a microscope, her name a beacon for the curious and the gossipy, the ambitious and the nefarious. Even her time in Hogwarts had been shrouded in whispers and conspiracies and despite the truth behind these secrets, she had not yet made her peace with this.

"I'm fine but I'm sorry," she said, practically interrupting herself. "It's just... is there something I can do for you? I don't often get visitors, especially from people I know only by association."
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Lily Luna Potter 1st gen Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:00 am

He didn't seem shaken or offended, which led her to believe that he did indeed have a very specific agenda, and that he wanted to get to it just as much as she did. She felt nervous and vulnerable, but she reminded herself that she was in control her. Her home, her job, her rules. She lifted the cup to her lips and took a slow, controlled sip.

She lowered her tea and stared at him, the half proposition hanging in the air. He didn't press forward - perhaps because he thought she would refuse anything to do with that part of her life.

She blinked. "I'd like to hear it before I decline."
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Lily Luna Potter 1st gen
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum