Giant squid and new beginnings
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Giant squid and new beginnings Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Giant squid and new beginnings

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Giant squid and new beginnings Empty Giant squid and new beginnings

Post by Medusa Hunt Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:05 pm

It was a Saturday afteroon, and Medusa was bored out of her mind thinking of what to do with her spare time. As crazy as it seems,Medusa was already done with her homework seeing how she had nothing to else to do. Looking at the ceiling she started drawing things with firey sparks that came out of her wand. "Ugh... I'm going crazy!" to herself as she gotten up from her bed and grabbed her Ravenclaw robe and scarf before heading out. It was no longer summer time the wind gotten nippy during the coruses of the day, she found that out the hard way last week.

Walking down the sloping lawn of Hogwarts School of of Witchcraft and Wizardly she headed down towards the lake. After a few minutes she finally reached the lake and smiled happily as she sat underneath the willow tree. As the giant squid came up she smiled at him. "Hello, last time we tried talking we were interrupted by kids throwing rocks at you."she said softly. "I know how you feel, I used to get picked on all the time to at my muggle school by bullies."she said softly as the giant squid blinked at her. Looking around she seen that no one was really out by the lake. They were probably at Hogsmeade which was a place Medusa really didn't go to.

"I had a pretty good week, but you probably had a bad one, but I did hang out with Stephen "she said softly. "I know what your thinking, a friendly person like you? the answer is yes" she's said . Medusa know it was crazy for her to talk to a squid but he always talked back to her in his own language, a bit weird but Medusa had a way with animals. Now she met the giant squid she couldn't wait for Stephen to see him.

Last edited by Medusa Hunt on Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 101

Back to top Go down

Giant squid and new beginnings Empty Re: Giant squid and new beginnings

Post by Stephen Meyers Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:11 pm

Saturday usually meant Quidditch practices. Not his, of course, for Stephen wasn't even in the team... But as a Quidditch fan he enjoyed to attend at the matched there in the field of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Now more than ever. Because all he had left from the time he imagined himself in a broom up there in the sky was the fading memories of a Quidditch match he had attended to when he was younger and the many matches he had so neatly imagined as he heard the report on the radio. Back then, anything seemed possible. Now... ever since his first try in the field to join the team there was nothing more impossible. No, he was not sent away back then. Instead, he simply gave up when he figured he couldn't do it. And ever since he hadn't flown on a broom with someone watching ever again. The closer there was to it in his life were those early Sunday mornings when he sneaked to the field and practised with the school brooms when no one was there, when there was no games or practices... Just that.

As Griffindor's Quidditch practice ended that day he sneaked away from the stands and went for a walk because that day he really didn't feel like studying... All homework was ready since Friday night and he couldn't have another day in the library...

He walked around the field not really caring of where he was going and not paying much attention to things. It wasn't till he heard someone talking that he came back to Earth. He looked around with that strange impression you had just heard your name being said somewhere looking for who was talking.

And there she was sitting and talking. Stephen was going there but stopped. If she was talking, she was talking to someone. Which meant she was not alone... And he highly doubted they would like to be interrupted... He looked around but there was no one else there. Maybe he just couldn't see whoever it was, maybe that person was behind the tree trunk, or somewhere farther? Stephen bit the inside of his cheek shaking his head and decided to turn around to leave. It was then he noticed some movement in the waters in the lake and even without noticing his eyes searched for the source of the disturbance. "Wow" was the only thing it escaped his mouth as his eyes widened in complete surprise and trying to tell if he was not having visions of things that weren't there...
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

Post by Medusa Hunt Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:54 pm

This is what Medusa usually did on her weekends, she didn't go to Hogsmeade much, although now she thought about it she could go with Stephen now. Although would be think they were dating if they did? Nah...it'll just two best friends having fun in the village together, what's the harm in that? But she knew how Hogwarts was, filled of rumors and gossip that wasn't even true and if if was true people wouldn't believe it. Alot of people like purebloods especially didn't like Medusa, she was what they called a 'mudblood' which everyone knew it meant dirty blood. She couldn't believe that name was stillbaround, but it'll probably still be around ages and ages to come.

The lake was actually not even packed at all like it usually was on weekends like this, she was actually glad cause she didn't like crowded places. Who was she kidding? not like anyone but the people she know would see her, to everyone else she was invisible. Although it wasn't bad, sometimes it was good being invisible but othef times she just wished people would see her and be friends with her. All she ever wanted was friends that understood her, friends that didn't judge her on how she looked or what she wore, she was glad to have that with Stephen and them. They understood her, they didn't judge her cause they had problems of their own as well, so why would they?

Although talking to animals was easy for Medusa, heck being raised on a ranch that was all she did. The horses back home were her only friends, she knew all their names and talked to them every day during the holidays. They listend to her and comfort her like any friend would when she would talk about her problems of not making friends with the girls down the street. She kept trying, but never got anywhere with them, she decided that animals were better friends then people of course it was before she met the friends she as now.

Lost in her own little world, she jumped at Stephen's voice and looked over at him. "Oh my goodness you scared me, last I knew there was nobody here." Looking at him and back a the giant squid she smiled. "Yeah I know, it's pretty great isn't it?"she asked him referring to the giant squid. "He's very friendly and nice to talk to, although I guess I have a way with animals as silly as it is, I feel they speak to you in their own way." shrugging she knew she had to sound crazy and mad. "Take a seat, so how you been? feel like it been awhile since we seen each other face to face I miss it."said told him giving him a soft warm smile.
Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:33 pm

Stephen couldn't help a small smile. "I'm sorry. It wasn't my intention to frighten you" he was saying as he came forward from the place where he had stopped after noticing the giant squid down there in the lake. "Even though I am pretty sure to be the most surprised person as in right now" he motioned to the creature. He knew the stories, he knew they said there was a giant squid bathing itself in the lake. He had just never actually seen it any time before. He did shrug a little at her confession. "You and me both, then. Though I am a feathers type of thing, never actually tried with molluscs, in particular, or any underwater being, in general."

He came forward and got down to sit as she had offered. At no time he stopped looking at the lake creature as if he was still doubting it to be there. As if if he stopped looking it would go away never to be seen again.

Finally he broke the stare and glanced at her with a smile. "Well, you know, school and stuff." The last time they had really been face to face, as she said, was during the ride here in the Hogwarts Express. Ever since then the schedule had been given and put to work every single day and since they were in different years they'd barely cross paths. Stephen had fallen into his usual routine and barely had time to breath; he could not even imagine about her since she would be dealing to the O.W.L.s that year. "Weakly homework raising at every passing weak, classes always exhausting as always - I mean, in case you can stay awake. You?"
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Medusa Hunt Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:14 pm

She turned and smiled. "No it's ok, I was lost in my whole little world, I forgot where I was." That was true, she was talking to the giant squid she completely forgotten where she was. She giggled. " Believe me I was most surprised when he came up and said hi, but he's really friendly." looking at the giant squid she smiled before looking at Stephen. They finally met the famous giant squid they been waiting and wanting to see, another thing marked off their many adventures. She was glad to finally meet the famous giant squid, she knew the some people to this day never had, and probably never will. She laughed at his statement. "Hey at least you can say you actually seen the giant squid, not many people have, but seeing is believing." she said looking ahead.

"I thought you weren't going to sit down beside me, I was about to say that I don't bite. " chuckling she looked at him for a minute, he changed a bit she noticed, just couldn't place her finger on what it was. "I'm glad to be back at the castle, sure did miss it over the holidays." Looking back at the lake and giant squid she sighed. She loved being home at the ranch, but she belonged here, plus she missed Stephen like crazy and thought about him every day, as a friend right? She thought about it for a minute, of course as a friend there was nothing more.

She looked at him and smiled. "Been crazy the past couple of months, I'm glad I'm taking a break from studying and enjoying the stuff that I love doing, which is seeing animals, drawing and seeing you." she said her eyes widened. "I...I mean I love spending time with you and seeing you, it's always fun. "she said simply. She couldn't believe that they haven't seen each other since the train ride here, she felt horrible for that like she was a bad friend, a very bad one indeed. She been so busy with homework and studying she didn't see him lately, but that was going to change now, things were starting to slow down now. "Homework piling up to the ceiling, and studying like crazy, I miss us doing things together even if it's finding my drawings. "said said looking back at the lake.

Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:15 am

Stephen smiled a little at that. "That would make us... what? Two in a million? In a zillion? If that was even a number..." Stephen commented looking at the squid still. It was truly amazing! And he thought hippogriffs were something out off this world... Although, Stephen was still thinking of the statement he had made and remembered something. "No, I am lying. There was once a goldfish. I don't know why, but there was one at my grandparents. My grandmother bought one at some point, she said she used to have one when she was little. Maybe she missed it." As he did with Willow during all the time he spent in Hogwarts and he didn't come with news from home.

He shrugged a little still with a smile. "I am used to biting" he said unconsciously looking at his hand. They were all healed now, the scars he used to get from Willow's happiness to see him. Even the bites were something he would like to carry more often... He nodded a little at that. "Well, if anything Hogwarts is my home, so..." he didn't really know how to finish that sentence without either embarrassing himself or making a martyr out of his own self. He shrugged again.

At first Stephen did not know how to react to that. They were friends, he got that, that was is, wasn't it? And friends liked to spend time with one another, didn't they? He was no expert but he thought that to be true. And he did enjoy spending time with her once in a while. "Yeah, it is always fun to have you around" he answered a little embarrassed. He ran a hand through his shaggy hair and smiled. "I haven't had anything better to do in a while, either." He added referring to the drawing's hunt.
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Medusa Hunt Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:36 pm

Medusa laughed at his comment. "Two in a million I like that,   I don't know but so many people say it,  even though it's  a impossible number to reach." she said looking at the giant squid.  She couldn't believe that she was actually witnessing this,  it was incredible and none of the less, she was seeing it with one of her best friends.   She never seen a hippogriff, that was something she always wanted to see, maybe one dsy she'll see one besides in books. She turned to look at him as he told her the story.  "Wow... that's crazy,  all we have at the ranch is generations of horses made from one another which is pretty cool I guess, but nothing really cool."she said shrugging.

She laughed.  "Oh that's right, I remember you saying that Willow nibbles your fingers." she said looking down at his hands then hers.  "Polaris does that as well if you haven't noticed,  she's a very friendly owl." She said smiling talking about her beloved owl.  She gotten some marks on her from Polaris, but she like to call them love bites or nibbles, she gotten them quite a bit from other animals.  She nodded. " I know Stephen,  I love it here, it is my home abd it's where I belong,  a place I can be me."  Biting her lip as she said that,  she looked out at the lake.  

She knew that her words probably shocked him, but she was more shocked herself, but it was the truth though.  They were friends, really good friends probably even best friends but fhat was it.  It was common for friends to spend time with each other and miss each other,  it was very common in her opinion,  so she didn't say anything that wasn't true.  She smiled. "Thanks, although really I'm not that great, but thanks for hanging out with me."said she now embarrassed.  She looked at him surprised.  "Really? thought you'll be having your own adventures, really finding wet soggy drawings weren't really exciting. "she said honestly.
Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Wed Apr 25, 2018 1:26 pm

Stephen shrugged a little at that. "Maybe. It doesn't really exist so how could one ever reach it?" he said thinking out loud. But whichever was the case then they were two lucky bastards, as they say. "All you have?" Stephen asked wondering if she considered generations of horses too little. "As if that was nothing..." He added in a teasing way. He always have lived in an apartment in the middle of London. There weren't much space for pets and Willow was merely out of necessity even though he wouldn't call it himself a necessity. Stephen was actually very found of the owl.

"Yes, we had our chance to get to know each other during the break. Willow didn't really love to share the cage a night or two. It was actually funny to watch the whole lot of jealousy in a so small creature" he commented with a laugh.

He glanced at her for a moment as she looked away. He had no idea of what to tell her then without sounding too stupid... Well, Hogwarts was all he had... He had a family and all but sometimes he felt like he doesn't belong there anymore and even wonders if he had ever did. Don't get him wrong, he loves them (even his father when he clearly doesn't care for him. But he does like him just as any son is supposed to) but lately it is like they don't want him there anymore, like they don't miss him for the whole year. He knows that even Adriana goes to stay with their grandparents for most of the time... What is really happening? He just wished he knew...

Stephen snapped himself out off it as fast as he could before he went all too cranky and because of his crankiness he would show Medusa out without even noticing. He knew he did that quiet often... "What do you mean?" he asked being a little lost in thoughts and because of that losing the thread of conversation. Then he shook his head. "No, not really. I don't really have much time to switch to the adventure mode..."
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Medusa Hunt Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:49 pm

Medusa shrugged. "I guess you really can't if it doesn't exist, but two in a million I like that though. " she said with a smile. None the less the were lucky to meet such a amazing part of Hogwarts History, something she can actually tell her kids when they're older. She shrugged. "Well...coming from a poor family like mine, you don't have much and what you do you're grateful for. "said she biting her lip. She looked at Stephen and smiled. "Yeah you're right, I may not be rich and fancy but I got horses and a huge ranch to ride horses around on, that's good enough for me."she said looking at the lake. She may not have much, but she had it better then some people which she was grateful for as well, and was really lucky to be going to such a amazing school she loved for four years.

She laughed. "Oh...dear that isn't good, Polaris is a very friendly owl, she only hated one person I knew of and that's because they threw rocks at her." frowning as she said that. She hated people being mean to animals it was just mean and cruelty, they didn't do anything to you so why hurt them? "Animals get jealous if your attention is on someone else and not them, Polaris is that way at times, nips my hand alot when my parents send a different owl so she can rest."she said chuckling.

Still looking at the lake she bit her lip, it would be nice to draw the lake with the giant squid in it, but then again people's would say it was fake it wasn't real. Hogwarts was her second home, a place where she was herself and didn't have to hide what she was, a place she had friends. Looking at Stephen he seem to be lost in his own thoughts, in deep thinking about something but she decides to leave him be. Deep thinking can be good to clear your thoughts but also bad, you sometimes overthinking and worry yourself, which is what she does alot. Looking at the lake she closed her eyes letting thr nice breeze hit her face rustling through her hair, it felt nice and cool not too hot not too cold, it waa was the right breeze for a day like this.

She shrugged a bit. "Well... I don't have many friends, back at my muggle school I was picked on for being poor and dressing 'down' as the girls in my girls say."she said rolling her eyes letting out a little growl at the thought of those girls. "It's a rich school, and my dad teaches there so I got in cause of him, it's a nice school just alot of bad memories there."she said shivering at the memories. She nodded. "Yeah same here, been studying and doing homework, haven't had much time for anything else." she said frowning. She looked at him biting her lip. "Are you ok? You seem a bit off then usual, hope everything is ok. "she said looking at him worried.
Medusa Hunt
Medusa Hunt
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:35 pm

Stephen shrugged a bit at that as if it didn't matter. Technically his family was wealthy, he could not say anything about fanciness though, but he was never introduced to a world where everything was easy and you could get anything from snapping your fingers. Not even magic worked that way... Work was implied as all the rest. That didn't mean he knew starvation either; when it came to his needs he could never complain, actually, and still couldn't. "That surely sounds nice. And if it works as a consolation of any kind I grew up in an apart that shan't be bigger than DADA's classroom" he told her with a bit of a chuckle.

"I've never actually noticed how jealous Willow could get... Well, I don't remember of any time he had to share the stand with another owl before. Maybe he never did; in my presence I'm sure that did not happen at no time. Most likely he was just like 'What's this one doing here? This is my stand! Get out!' Well, I know I would feel like that anyway" Stephen said shaking his head. But then he couldn't help a laugh as he remembered the owl's behaviour...

Stephen fell silent for a few seconds just thinking about what she just told him. "That could be the hell of a school... but whatever it had it did not have a fifth of the value the one you are staying at has" he smirked lightly. "That means you've aced them without even having to begin trying." Then he nodded. "Indeed."

He shrugged a little. "I'm quite alright. Apart from all the work I've been thrown upon and stuff like that."
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top