Welcome to Potter’s Army

Potter’s Army is a roleplaying site that's been up and running since 2007. We pride ourselves on fostering a welcoming and helpful community where all levels of writers are accepted.

In this alternate universe, Lord Voldemort is dead, but so is Harry Potter. Factions continue to fight, Hogwarts educates the next generation of witches and wizards, and the Ministry of Magic does its best to hold everything together.

It is 2030 in the Wizarding World

Help us get new members by voting below

Honeydukes Topsites Top 50 RPGs Top RPG Sites
Word Counter

words: 0

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin
Apollo Zabini
Seventh Year
NoneStudent
PurebloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Addie

View user profile

Rant Thread

on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:06 am
This thread sort of goes along with the Proclamation Thread. Did something just irk you today? Haven't got anyone to rant to? We're here to listen. We just ask that you keep bad language out of it, as the site rules still require that we keep things PG-13 or less.

For example,

People think that we have a gasoline shortage in Texas, so they're panic-buying gas. In reality, the panic-buying means that stations can't fill up fast enough so it freaks people out even more. LISTEN TO THE NEWS. READ SOMETHING, PEOPLE. EVERYTHING IS FINE.

Spoiler:

Profile ll Shipper ll Plotting
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Angelique Pyrites
25 : Alumnus
Dark WitchHogwarts Healer
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profile

Re: Rant Thread

on Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:43 am
Is this a rant or a proclamation? IDK.

So I was just walking back from voting with my cousin and we were talking about fidget spinners.  I confessed that I can't use them.  I can't make them spin.  His reaction?  "They are literally made for developmental disordered children.  You are more unco than a developmental disordered child."
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate
Jack Dyllan
24 : Alumnus
Order of the PhoenixUnspeakable
MugglebornHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Jackles

View user profilehttps://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

on Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:14 am
I've been working as a manager below the proper pay rate as a favor for my boss and now that I tell her my end date she's acting like I've made her life so difficult.

Rosamund Gold
Sixth Year
NoneStudent
MugglebornHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Ophelia

View user profile

on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:25 am
You know it is very awkward when one of your favorite foods consists of food that you are allergic to. So now I am so much torn between: go and eat some of it and suffer from my mistake or just dream about it Very Happy
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Selwyn Thorfinn
23 : Alumnus
NoneDeputy Headmaster
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profilehttps://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

on Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:59 am
Someone remind me not to try to hack other people's codes again.  I swear learning it from scratch is faster.
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Rosamund Gold
Sixth Year
NoneStudent
MugglebornHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Ophelia

View user profile

on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:04 am
Okay, I remind you: do not hack other people's codes.

Also that feeling when you had a break from your dance classes for over 3 months and when you finally go there you feel like dying. I mean what is altitude, right? How do you raise that leggy?
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Selwyn Thorfinn
23 : Alumnus
NoneDeputy Headmaster
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profilehttps://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:33 am
OMG. You just reminded me.

I was doing beginner ballet because I haven't done ballet for years, but apparently the teacher for the class above us is a total B. So there are a bunch of students in the beginner class who should be in the next class up, but they keep taking the beginner class until they can graduate to the next class above that. So, basically our class is full of people who are NOT beginners, since they fill up the bookings, and then people like me who are total beginners, but savvy enough to figure out you have to book ahead of time to get a spot.

Anyhow, that means whenever our teacher is off sick or teaching a workshop, we get a replacement who thinks everyone is as good as the non-beginners. And she's all like "just put your leg up on the barre", "turn out more", "stand in releve till the end of time". Like, I can't do any of those things. I'm just here for exercise, I'm not trying to become Misty Copeland.

on Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:21 am
I hate how I have to post in here to make sure this registration works! >Sad
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year
Potter's ArmyStudent
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Nadia

View user profile

on Mon Nov 27, 2017 9:38 pm
So for some reason, all of us failed anatomy on the exam. That is just not real because I know for sure that I did 14 questions right and 11 is the minimum you had to have to pass.
But we all failed, 90 of us.
And I'm so upset because I know it's not fair but we can't do anything about that because professor don't let us see our exams
I think I really hate her.
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Caelani Bittel
31 : Alumnus
Order of the PhoenixWanted Criminal
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profile

on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:09 pm
Can't challenge it? In Australia, you can always ask for a review of a failed exam or assignment and they usually just give you a conceded pass because it's faster than actually reviewing it.

I once got 99% on an assignment because I put a sentence fragment in it, and it was a science exam. It was because the tutor was a PhD student and didn't like that I deserved full marks.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum