A fire can never be caged and a wind never kept in a jar - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A fire can never be caged and a wind never kept in a jar - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A fire can never be caged and a wind never kept in a jar

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A fire can never be caged and a wind never kept in a jar - Page 2 Empty Re: A fire can never be caged and a wind never kept in a jar

Post by Stephen Meyers Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:26 pm

"For starters, one can't become a royal out of his own freewill and desire" Stephen commented even if he knew Charlotte's questions wasn't really directed to that part of his sentence. "And I am just telling the truth here. I am really not much of a writer. Alright, I do rather nicely on the essays on nothing for school but what I have there written is nothing more than what was already decided to be that way. I am not creating any new literature there." He shrugged a little. He never thought of himself as a great story teller even when he liked to read other stories. The fact was that not everyone that wrote was a writer and Stephen King was way too much of a story teller for Stephen to catch up with.

"That's nice" Stephen nodded a little at that. He really had no clue of what else to say to that. If one liked their name best than a nickname then they had that right. Just as much as Stephen had on being called 'Stefan' instead of 'Steven'.

"It is" he admitted. "And I always get to look around for any updates in some places around Diagon Alley at the end of the day. So that't two points for me" he commented. It was always better to stay at home all day alone and for some reason going to his grandparents' house didn't sound so appealing lately as Adriana did. So he got to look around and get some couple of coins more at the end of the month. It wasn't a so awful deal at all. However, a shadow of sadness crossed his dark brown eyes as Charlotte said that. His feeling was more specific though and harder to fight against. "Yeah, tell me about it" he said in a low tone of voice, almost impossible to hear.

Stephen smiled a little at that. He was not supposed to be advertising the shop though so he didn't say much about it more than: "Oh, it's not like any of those awkward suits you see around here that muggles never wore. My mother always thought them to be outrageous since he had partially been educated in muggle culture and started a business selling some normal muggle clothes instead. So she has a good section on that. Of course, not much specialized, but enough to help anyone out."

Seeing their drinks coming Stephen reached for his pocket to get out a few coins to pay for it but she was faster than him. "Thanks for that. You really didn't have to though" he thanked her as he reached for his lemonade.

Taking a sip from it Stephen smiled a little as he enjoyed the freshness. After that he took another as he thought of her question for a while. "I mostly walk around. I live in London as well so I have plenty of room to do so. And I like reading as well."
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 162

Back to top Go down

A fire can never be caged and a wind never kept in a jar - Page 2 Empty Re: A fire can never be caged and a wind never kept in a jar

Post by Charlotte Waldorf Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:07 pm

"You don't understand." Charlotte shook her head and looked at him seriously.
"You can't choose if you would be born as a royal or not, but you can choose who you will become in the future. Being royal means nothing if you are the bad person. And being royal doesn't mean you will be better than others. Royalty is all about money and power, but you can be powerful even if you are not from that what we call royal family" she smiled and shrugged.
Darian is her best friend and he is from famous Levski family but while hanging around with him, she realized that his pureblood means nothing, he is not better than her in any way.

"To be honest I have never found anything in Diagon Alley that I like. I must admit it, I love fashion a lot and here, I never found something that I may like. Here in the wizarding world people have really odd fashion stiles." Charlotte smiled and took a sip of her coffee.

"That sounds nice" she smiled.
"Maybe I will take a look at what you have in that store. My parents both have a magic but I grew up like an ordinary Muggle child. I didn't even know that magic is real until I got my letter from Hogwarts" she shrugged.
"It was really bad. One day I was just an ordinary girl in the ordinary school with ordinary friends, and in next, I was at Hogwarts, far away from everything I know and love."

"It's okay, after all, you helped me here so now it was my time to return the favor. After all, it's just one lemonade" she smiled.
Charlotte Waldorf
Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 712

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:10 pm

Stephen could be a Meyers and even if this was not a pureblood family, they were rather powerful either monetary and socially. His father did work at the Ministry of magic and considering how much work he had Stephen always assumed he would occupy a good position there, even if he had no idea of what he did exactly. However, the Meyers part of the family was not very known by Stephen as he didn't really remember meeting anyone from his father side and so he was never truly raised as a Meyers. Then again, maybe that was why he would be in Gryffindor? He wouldn't know. "I can easily seen that happening" he nodded a bit after her explanations. "After all, if all the wars had taught us anything, was that people can't be told apart by their origins. Most of the great dictators rose from nothing and so did those who stood up to them. Perhaps, it would be a matter of choice to do what was right?"

Stephen actually gave a laugh at that as he remembered how strangely did older wizards and witches dressed up like when they were not using they wizard vests. "That is true. They had a really backward-looking sense of style. But then again, when they were raised by wizards who knew no better you can't really be surprised" he commented.

"Perhaps you may find something you like though" Stephen shrugged as if he couldn't care more. They were just casually talking and he was not advertising his mother's shop. "Oh. I can't say I had ever felt the same way. In fact, I really liked to finally have my letter in hand" he said. For once he was rather proud of himself and really happy that he was going to learn magic finally!

"Still, you didn't have to do it. So, thank you" Stephen said as he motioned to his drink.
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Waldorf Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:43 pm

"That is what I'm trying to say" Charlotte smiled and looked at him with proud written all over her face.
When Charlotte came to the Hogwarts for the very first time, she realized that people care mostly about blood status, especially those who are Slytherins.
But she wasn't raised like that.
Her mother is doctor and her father is the lawyer. They are rich and in her world, that people call here Muggle world, she is rich and popular among her friends. But that doesn't mean anything.
"We should judge people by what they really are, not if they are rich or poor and so on." She shrugged.

"I agree. I even hate our robes at school" Charlotte frowned and shook her head. She is the person who cares a lot about fashion and she always tries to look as best as possible, but that is hard at the school where everyone looks just... same.

"For me, it was really hard time" she looked at him.
"I was raised as a muggle. For me, magic was something you talk about only in fairy tales. But now, I can't realize why my parents hide from me that I am a witch. If they told me, the first year, and years after that would be a lot easier." She paused and took a sip of her coffee.
"on this way, I was growing up with the idea that I'm some kind of a freak, and I was ashamed of what I am," she said honestly.

"You're welcome" she smiled and looked at Stephen.
"You can pay next time," she said it like they are already best friends.
Charlotte Waldorf
Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:14 pm

Stephen nodded. "That is true." And he was not saying it the way rich people said money didn't matter or the way beautiful people said looks didn't matter. Stephen's family may be rather wealthy and powerful, but he grew up pretty away from it. They lived in an apartment in London, it wasn't even a big house. And that had been rather concealing when it came to magic but he always loved to visit his grandparents who owned a house at in the outskirts of London and where it was safer to make magic away from Muggle's sights. "That we should. But it doesn't mean everyone does that... unfortunately..."

"Well, you can't really run from those at all" he said. "But they are not the worst robes ever seen, so we are rather luck there" he commented.

Stephen noticed her looking at him and he put his glass down listening to her for a moment. As he listened her story he thought about it. "In that case, you have your right to dislike it as does anyone else really. However, I must say that surprises me as every single Muggleborn I have had the chance to talk with was rather happy of turning out to be a Wizard or a Witch. I have never thought of it in any other way... In that point of view, it must be rather... upsetting... to be different from everything you knew before..."

Stephen smiled at that wondering if she was implying anything with that. "Alright, it's a deal!"
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Waldorf Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:15 pm

"I don't think so" Charlotte frowned and shook her head. For Charlotte, clothes mean everything. And if anyone from the Muggle world, who she knows very well ever see her in robes from school, they would think that she is some kind of freak. It's not far away from the truth but still.
"I think our robes at school are terrible. It's like we still live in the 5th century or something like that." She shrugged and shook her head again, it was so stressful to even think about that.

"To be honest, I can't understand how people who knew nothing about magic can be happy when they just found out that... they are different." She paused. She was popular among her friends, she was the role model for younger people who saw her as everything that one person can be. She was quite pretty, rich, smart, popular and the most important thing, at least for her, she was down on the earth.
And finding out that she was different... Well, she didn't want to be different.

"I had everything that I ever wanted, and magic was never part of it." She shrugged and took a sip of her coffee.

Charlotte Waldorf
Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:25 am

"In a way, yes, around that time" Stephen had to nod. "But then again, we are only supposed to wear them in Hogwarts, so it shan't be much of a problem" he said. It was strange, however, he never gave it much thought, but what she was saying about the robes were very true. He just never bothered himself too much since he was not in the same shoes as Charlotte for what it seemed. He rather loved Hogwarts and to learn magic had been his dream ever since he could remember... So if he had to wear a strange black robe in there, so be it. He cared only about the magic.

Stephen stood quiet for a while thinking about it. "As I said, I truly have no idea. Always knew about what I am and I grew up in the middle of it all. So I am no good judge" he stated. "However, magic isn't a curse of any kind. Magic is in it's own wonderful and to have the power to control it is... just amazing. So, you shouldn't be ashamed. It doesn't make you a weirdo to be a witch. On the contrary: it makes you special" he thought out loud.

"And if you think your friends would treat you differently if they knew that..." Stephen paused a bit: what did he knew about friends anyway when he had as many as drops of snow in the desert... "... then they never were" he concluded in a low tone of voice. Yet again, what would he know about it?
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Waldorf Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:01 pm

Charlotte looked at the watch on her hand and was shocked when she found out that she left the house almost 3 hours ago.
She looked at Stephen before she drank her coffee completely.
"I need to go. My mom will get worried."

She stood up and took bags with things she bought for her mother.
"It was really nice to meet you, Stephen. Maybe we can hang out sometimes during the school? I need to go now, but see you when school starts. And thank you really much for your help" she smiled once again and then she left the coffee in hurry to come home as soon as possible.
Charlotte Waldorf
Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Stephen Meyers Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:19 pm

Stephen was still casually sipping his lemonade as the afternoon went on. He was not in much of a hurry ever since his mother told him to go get some snacks. She would be rather happy if he took more than his usual half an hour. And so after all this talk, that would most likely be gone already. Which was rather good to his own sake the moment he would get back to the shop.

"Of course" he said getting up as well. "And we will most likely meet again at Hogwarts. Well, you seem to hate the place, but... we will be there" he added.

Once she was gone, Stephen turned and went to the counter by himself ordering some pastries and a couple of drinks to go. When he had them too, he followed to the outside of the shop and headed back to his mother shop.
Stephen Meyers
Stephen Meyers
Fourth Year Gryffindor
Fourth Year Gryffindor

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top