Hot and Cold - Page 4
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Hot and Cold - Page 4 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Hot and Cold

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hot and Cold - Page 4 Empty Re: Hot and Cold

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:07 pm

Jack would later deal with the realization that Kip and Kenna would always be closer to siblings than she would be with him, but they also had years on each other. Jack couldn't catch up and it wouldn't be fair to try. She had her life and Kip had his.

Luckily, James was there to keep them all on track. She snorted a bit and glanced over at the indignant Hayes man, offering him a sympathetic smirk. She stood up and grabbed her drink, reaching out to clap a hand on Keiran's shoulder as she followed James to another spot, dropping into the seat and finishing off her drink. "I'm sure you've kept up with the team in the papers. What else could you need to know?"

Which, of course, left Kenna with Keiran. She shrugged, grinning almost sheepishly. "Honestly was just trying to move past that bubble of tension between you lot before it popped. What with Jack acting all tough and Kip all secretive and Potter all... Potter."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiran Hayes Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:44 am

As James settled in and Jack asked the obvious question, he frowned. It took a few moments and a long drink for him to get the words out. "I want to know how they've been since what happened to Robin." Weirdly enough, he couldn't even think of anything cheerful to say to make things easier.

Keiran lifted an eyebrow, though he chuckled a little at her explanation. "I did mean before," he pointed out. "That is, before we started that whole... game." He shook his head at the idea of it being a game at all, quite convinced that it had been a grand mistake for them to do it at all. They had learned a thing or two, that was true, but nobody seemed happy about it. Though Kenna was pretty good at pretending to be alright, it seemed.

Still, he shrugged, leaning froward on his elbows as his arms crossed over each other. "I did talk to a couple people about the match idea. I was thinking we should see about getting the Falcons to be the other team. Jack would probably jump at the chance for a rematch considering how our last game against each other went."
Keiran Hayes
Keiran Hayes
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 548

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:53 pm

Catching up with people who had been important to her and had become distant was becoming an old game for her. It used to be that she spilled everything, admitted all the hell she had been through they had never seen, tried to carve out a new place for them in her life that was supported by the truths they had not known. But then they left again. She had learned well enough. Wait long enough and they would be gone once more. She was no longer interesting in telling a long tale to someone who wouldn't be around for the resolution.

Not to say she wasn't hopeful, or happy to see them again. So many times, it was a confirmation they had not died, as that was often a very real possibility. She surely would have heard if James had, but the fear was that the James that was familiar to her may have died. Fortunately, he seemed staunchly unchanged. Grown, a little less loud, but still a smirking, joking arse - in the best ways of course.

His question, therefore, didn't fit the James Potter smirk nor his usual line of jokes. She wet her lips and went in for another drink. She'd need it.

"Not sure," she admitted. "We didn't talk much about it. Found him, got home, dealt with it each our own way." She buzzed her lips together, trying to keep it casual. "I think Avery's been doing better. She's taking care of his dragon. And... making new friends." Jack wasn't sure what Teddy was to Avery. Maybe James knew and would catch on and fill her in. "And Keiran is... absorbed. With Hogwarts, his kids. I don't know that he's given himself a chance to think much about him."

Kenna was glad to be apart of something that Keiran was absorbed in, straightening up with purpose as their conversation turned to the match. She cocked her head at his words and then the memory hit her. "Wait a second - I remember that match! I was training to be commentator! Holy shit, that was a trainwreck! I remember that!"
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiran Hayes Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:31 pm

James didn't make the connection between Robin's widow and his godbrother, but that was probably for the best. He would have been too intrigued and would inevitably have stuck his nose where it didn't belong. Months later, however, he would be incredibly invasive, though partly at the blonde's own request. For the time being, however, he just frowned a little despite nodding in understanding. "I know it's been a long time, but the team was... everything, for a while." He smiled a little at that, and not even ironically. Except then it changed into a smirk. "I can't help the fact that my articles are often Falcons-biased."

Kenna's words took Keiran by surprise, as he hadn't even thought to wonder if she had been there to see it. Of course she had. His humiliation would know no end when it came to his generation, even with their age difference. He knew she had to be younger, though he had never asked. "I... really wish you didn't," he said, a chuckle escaping despite himself. "That was truly horrifying. I've never again been that much of a mess, I swear."
Keiran Hayes
Keiran Hayes
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:38 am

"You can't help it because we keep winning," Jack said, punctuating the boast by finishing off her drink and pushing it away with a smirk. This was the Jack Dyllan that would have existed if Vito had never been created or found, if she had never met Chase and Andrew, if PA had never sucked her into a world where she was so hyper-aware of those in need. Had she been free to pursue Quidditch fully, her life would be so much less complicated and secure.

And she wouldn't have met all the people who had changed her life. For better or for worse.

"Just..." she said, picking her words carefully. "Don't make yourself into a familiar face just to run off again. Or I'll... kick your arse."

Kenna couldn't stop laughing. The connection alone was so strange to consider - that she had actually sort of known him for so long without really knowing him - but the match itself was impossible to recall without a fit of laughter following. Because it was so bad. She waved a hand and said, "No, it's fine. Little, what, second year me was just happy to be watching attractive older boys playing Quidditch, no matter how shit the match itself was."
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiran Hayes Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:58 am

Well, that answered the question Keiran had sort of thought but never fully wondered: Kenna's age. He was right about her being younger, obviously, but he'd never really known what the difference was. And that sort of thing didn't matter so much except there were just a number of things about her that he'd become curious about, even though he'd never meant to. Of course, just as he went to take another drink, she finished the sentence and he stopped with the glass halfway to his mouth. An eyebrow lifted, arching curiously at her choice of words. Amused but doing his best not to feel overly flattered by it, Keiran looked down at his drink and smirked a little before finally knocking the rest of it back.

"So were you more of a Gavin fan? Or Albus?" Because obviously that wanker of a Weasley wouldn't be named. And if she did he'd just write it off. But at least it was a joke, and one she didn't have to answer if she didn't want to. And, more importantly, it ensured that the focus was away from him. Ah, even better: "That is, I imagine you were rooting for Gryffindor?" Safer, that.

James, unsurprisingly, was also grinning. But Jack was right to be wary. "Things were... rough for a while. I guess I just hit a point where my cousins were settling into big office jobs or were healers up at the school or whatever. Felt like I needed to work somewhere more stable. More safe. I'm not sure I regret it, but I do miss playing that regularly. Believe it or not, the other sports writers don't seem eager to play pick-up games."
Keiran Hayes
Keiran Hayes
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenna McBain Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:12 am

He wasn't nearly as amused as she was, and she really didn't blame him for it; it had been a pretty horrifying experience for the players, so much so that the only time Kenna had dared mentioned it from of Jack, she had poured out her drink and walked out of the bar, and not come back for a few days. Kenna didn't think Keiran was nearly as invested as the volatile redhead, but he had been captain at the time. There had to be some wounds there.

She couldn't help the wry grin that took over her lips. And like a woman possessed, she spoke before thinking. "I dunno. Around that time I had a pretty big thing for brooding Slytherin captains."

Maybe that was too much. She would luckily never find out. Jack had just finished her drink. "Oh, better get that, before she throws me out of my own pub."

Jack was mid shrug when Kenna came over and took her glass away, sweeping off to top them off. Jack's eyes rolled towards her friends. "Why as coworkers when you have friends that are pros?"
Kenna McBain
Kenna McBain
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by Keiran Hayes Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:04 am

Keiran froze, eyes widening as he stared at her. But he was mercifully excused from having to reply when she took off. Except he definitely turned to watch her go, mouth slightly agape in shock that seemed impossible to wipe from his face. Surely that was sarcasm. It had to be. Especially from Kenna. She'd never suggested... Well. They were friends. Jokes and teasing amongst friends was obviously not unheard of, and although the flirting was certainly a new addition to friendly habits like those he shared with Jack, he determined that he really oughtn't take her seriously.

With a sliver of reluctance, he turned himself back around towards the bar, pushing his empty glass around on the surface.

James was rolling his eyes when Kenna took their glasses and left again. "Right, because they'd invite me back so happily. But hey, I have no problem annoying them if the opportunity arises."
Keiran Hayes
Keiran Hayes
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenna McBain Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:22 am

She was so glad to have an excuse, so glad to already be on her way to some other distraction, because the tiny glimpse of the shocked look he gave her put a weird spring in her step, a panicked sense of strange excitement, to have unnerved him by her teasing compliment. Because, that's what it was. A joke, that was also flattering. A joke among friends, just to shake him up.

That's what she had thought it was. Thought it sounded like. Hoped it came off as.

Jack flashed Kenna a thankful grin as she took their glasses, before turning her gaze back to James, immediately skeptical. "You'd be amazed what a free pint does to people. They'll elect you their new captain if you offer them two rounds."
Kenna McBain
Kenna McBain
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top