Welcome to Potter’s Army

Potter’s Army is a roleplaying site that's been up and running since 2007. We pride ourselves on fostering a welcoming and helpful community where all levels of writers are accepted.

In this alternate universe, Lord Voldemort is dead, but so is Harry Potter. Factions continue to fight, Hogwarts educates the next generation of witches and wizards, and the Ministry of Magic does its best to hold everything together.

It is 2030 in the Wizarding World

Help us get new members by voting below

Honeydukes Topsites Top 50 RPGs Top RPG Sites
Word Counter

words: 0

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Selwyn Thorfinn
23 : Alumnus
NoneDeputy Headmaster
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profilehttps://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

All the ordinary people [9/10]

on Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:51 pm
Last Update - 9 Oct

Making Requests
If you post which character you want to thread with, and what you want from the thread (eg, "I want a thread with Destrey about learning unforgivable spells") I'll do my best to plot that out with you.  Or, I'll offer you a thread with another character to get the same outcome (maybe Angelique will be more willing to teach you unforgivables).  

If you're more interested in the character than the plot, please let me know when you post.

Factional Characters:
Caelani Bittel
Leader of the Order of the Phoenix

You know her as Former Leader of the Death Eaters, Wanted Criminal, Former Hogwarts Duelling Instructor (2023), Slytherin (2010 - 2017)

Caelani is currently looking to take down whoever burnt down Grimmauld Place.  She plans to steal information from the Ministry, but she already thinks she knows who it was (@Lorcan D'Eath).

She's going to be dragging The Order toward the grey end of the light side, so if your character has been turned off by the nobility of former leaders or if they just want to clash with a utilitarian, now is the perfect time for them to get involved.

Terry Boot-Corner
Order of the Phoenix / Tutor for Potter's Army

You know him as  Jenna Boot-Corner's dad, Former Dumbledore's Army Member, Unspeakable

Caelani wants Potter's Army to become a proper fighting force, and she's assigned Terry to help them.  

Terry probably isn't known as a member of The Order, because Michael is extremely vocal about how stupid The Order and everything associated with it is.  However, if you can think of a reason your character might know Terry is a member, they can approach him about it.

Percy Weasley
Order of the Phoenix

You know him as  Lucy and Molly's dad, Ron's brother, Humble Ministry Employee, that git from school

Since Caelani's takeover, Percy is just another Order member.  His involvement in the Order is easy to assume, even if it's not a well known fact.  If your character wants to join, he's a good person to approach.

Angelique Pyrites
Death Eater Minion

You know her as  Hogwarts Head Healer, Former Dark Follower, Former Slytherin

Angelique is an ally of the Death Eaters.  She doesn't have a dark mark, but she's willing to help them out, especially if there's something in it for her.

Adults:
Selwyn Thorfinn

You know him as  Hogwarts Deputy Headmaster, Care of Magical Creatures Professor, Heir to the Lairdship of Glencoe, Former Slytherin

Selwyn's still looking for a wife, although he's less motivated about it than he used to be.  If your character is over 17 she might be set up with him, especially if she's that sort of pureblood.

He's back at Hogwarts & totally available for threads there.

Michael Corner

You know him as Jenna Boot-Corner's dad, Healer at St Mungo's, Former Dumbledore's Army Member, Outspoken Opponent of The Order & Potter's Army

Michael's plot is undecided until I figure out how he's going to react to hearing about the last Order meeting, but it's going to be a big reaction.  Check back later!

Of course, he's still available for anything at St Mungo's or things like that.

Shylock Ashcroft

You know him as  the guy dating Professor Thorfinn, Professor Ashcroft's brother, The advice columnist in the Daily Prophet, Former Slytherin

Shylock is trying to figure out what he thinks about Oliver Poliakoff, and why it bothers him so much.

He's available for anything, really.

Destrey Ashcroft

You know her as  the Defence Professor, Voted most likely to curse a student, Former Slytherin

Destrey is here for all your evil teacher needs.  

Monroe Ashcroft

You know him as  The Deputy Minister for Magic, Former Ravenclaw

Monroe has plans to make over the Ministry and turn it into a smoothly functioning machine.  

At the same time, he's going to launch an equality campaign for werewolves.  If you have a werewolf character, especially one who isn't part of Greyback's pack, you should keep an eye out.

Scorpius Malfoy

You know him as  Draco Malfoy's son, Barrister at the Ministry, Former Slytherin

Scorpius is a Barrister, and he's probably going to be persuaded to help Monroe with his plan.

He's open to pretty much anything else as well.  I'd love to get him into threads with some muggleborns.

Clytemnestra Lux

You know her as  Former Slytherin

She's interning at the Ministry under Hermione Granger.

Available for scheming.

Liesl Dolohov

You know her as  Former Leader of the Dark Followers, Former Slytherin

Liesl is the ultimate grey character.  She knows dark magic, but only out of necessity.  Don't mess with her and she won't mess you up.

Jenna Boot-Corner

You know her as  the stuck up prefect, Former Ravenclaw

Jenna is currently a tutor for pureblood and halfblood children under 11.

Students:
Clair Sauvage
Ravenclaw Sixth Year

Clair has a crush on Julian.  Margo is acting weird.  Molly is paying him attention.

I want to get him involved with Potter's Army.  

Lucy Weasley
Hufflepuff Seventh Year

I'd love Lucy to get into a massive fight with someone and for them to accuse her of being scared to re-join PA.  That would be lovely.

Bethany Dursley
Ravenclaw Fifth Year

It's Bethany's Owl year so she'll need some tutoring because although she's good at magic, she's terrible in exams.

Darcy Driscoll
Ravenclaw Second Year

I kinda want her to join the Dark Followers.  Curiosity killed the cat, ye know?

Christian Thorfinn
Slytherin Second Year

Yeah he probably needs to actually do stuff this year.

Last edited by Selwyn Thorfinn on Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:37 am; edited 6 times in total
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate
Katya Greyback
20 : Alumnus
NonePotion Maker
HalfbloodWerewolf
profileplotter
shippertracker
Nadia

View user profile

Re: All the ordinary people [9/10]

on Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:29 pm
Okay I already pmed you but I'll write here just in case you didn't see
I want Katya to join Order. Is there any chance that we can have thread so Caelani can recruit her?
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Selwyn Thorfinn
NoneDeputy Headmaster
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

on Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:14 pm
Caelani literally became the order leader right now, and Katya has already replied to the thread, so I don't see how that would work.

It would really make more sense if Katya were a member before Calli took over.
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year
Potter's ArmyStudent
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Nadia

View user profile

on Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:21 am
I deleted her part of post

I actually wanted her to be the member since she finished the school since she was member of Potter's army as well but acording the new rules she needs thread to be recruited
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate
Kenna McBain
25 : Alumnus
NoneUgly Pigeon Manager
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Jackles

View user profile

on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:11 am
Molly suffered a heartbreak over the summer. She didn't know she had that capacity. She's drifting from Margo and Margo's worried Clair doesn't want to be her friend anymore. May be fun if Molly and Clair bore witness to each other's emotional confusion while Margo seethed in jealousy.

I want something with Terry and Jack or Michael and Jack, or Terry/Michael and Jack. Terry and Jack have the work connection and Jack really hasn't forgotten what Michael told her at Mungo's.

Also, Jack knows how to drive. And she and Scorpius were... cool. Because of their shared interest in Mr Potter.

How would Clytemnestra like to be Claire's personal assistant and/or apprentice?
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Selwyn Thorfinn
NoneDeputy Headmaster
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

on Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:43 am
I don't really know how to explain the situation with Clair without giving everything away. I like the idea, but it would have to be a situation where he was forced into Molly's company, though.

I am all about Terry & Michael & Jack. I feel like they (especially Michael) might fit in with the Knight Watch if she's still doing that?

I have absolutely no idea about what Scorpius' deal was with Albus. Unless Albus' player can get active and tell me about it, I'm basically taking it as they were friends at school, because that's the only practical way for me to play it.

But Jack can teach him to drive, I just think that would be really cute and fun.

Clytemnestra is actually already working with Hermione. I just haven't updated the post.
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate
Jack Dyllan
24 : Alumnus
Order of the PhoenixUnspeakable
MugglebornHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Jackles

View user profilehttps://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

on Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:02 am
Molly certainly isn't the sort to randomly decide to hang out either. I'm sure those two will do something that warrants a detention soon. Maybe throw them together in that sort of situation.

I've gotta figure out what she's doing specifically with that. At this point it's more of a tight knit group that each has their own network of people who know what they are and what they do and helps. We could work at including them into Jack's network and if I manage to get a reign in on it again she could introduce them into it.

I know bits and pieces but I don't wanna speak for Kiera as she may want to rework it a bit since Kitty was gone for so long. I think it would be safe to say that Jack and Scorpius know each other through Albus but were never exactly friends. He may remember hearing her say something about being able to drive in Hogwarts. Her cousin taught her to drive before she got her license. She even has an old beat up car - can't remember the model off the top of my head - that she can take them out in.

Ah, no worries!

Selwyn Thorfinn
NoneDeputy Headmaster
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

on Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:33 am
If I have a thread with you, with any of my characters (not just the ones listed here), please link me. THANKS

Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum