Oh, goodness.
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Oh, goodness. Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Oh, goodness.

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Oh, goodness. Empty Oh, goodness.

Post by Avery Bishop Tue May 30, 2017 11:22 pm

So, starting in July I'll be attending a month long, intensive graduate program out of state. I got a box from the university today and oh. my. god. I have so much homework before I get there and I'll undoubtedly be busy most of the month. So please bear with me until early August; I'm going to make a literal hourly schedule in order to get everything done but also have time for fun on PA and for reading books of my choosing. Otherwise I just know I'll get into that negative space I was in about a year and a half ago.

Hopefully, I'll end up rooming with people that I like and who will work hard to keep on track along with me. That will definitely help. Plus, I'll be living on this gorgeous campus:

Oh, goodness. 17903709_156687634858600_1216063469587007490_n

So, like... Y'know, the next month might kill me? I don't know. I have no intentions to drop the threads I have, although I have no doubt I'll be replying more slowly than usual. If I'm lucky, I'll get a couple posts done in the hour or two I can spare in the evenings.

[MERLIN, HELP ME.] *panics*
Avery Bishop
Avery Bishop
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 575

Back to top Go down

Oh, goodness. Empty Re: Oh, goodness.

Post by Robert Lupin Wed May 31, 2017 3:42 am

Congrats, Addie! You'll do fine. I have faith in you. I hope your grad school experience is wonderful. Smile

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucien Holt Wed May 31, 2017 4:05 am

Lol I'm nervous but I'm calling it "baby grad school" because it's only a month. So surely the real thing would be harder and scarier and thus I'll *obviously* be fine XDD

But I've already done one of the assignments, so hopefully I can fly through the others as well and have a bit of a break to pack and things. And, somehow my books are only $60, which is outrageous. But I have a B&N membership so I think that saved me XD
Lucien Holt

Number of posts : 612
Special Abilities : Seer l Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Wed May 31, 2017 4:59 am

I think most my classmates who went through grad school with me found that grad school was sooo much better for me and my friends than the bachelor's degree. Not to say that the work wasn't harder--it was. However, I don't know about you, but having to take lame coursework b/c it's a requirement but isn't part of my specialization used to bore the crap out of me. In grad school, you spend your time studying what you actually have interest in. So, my grades in grad school were the highest they've ever been, and it was definitely more fun. The work was harder, but b/c I had an interest in it, it wasn't such a struggle to keep focused. I had a great time. I hope your month is a complete blast!

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Zabini Wed May 31, 2017 5:12 am

Yeah, that's true! It's just 95 book obsessed editor types, though, so I hope we don't spend the month correcting our roommates to death XDD

Apparently, since we're doing a publishing certification, we'll be working on editing, publicity and so on for about 10 books for some publishing house or other. So that's quite cool. At least I'll have something halfway clever to put in my cover letters now XD
Apollo Zabini
Apollo Zabini
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 646

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Zabini Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:56 am

I got in touch with my to-be roommates and, get this: they paired the four of us together because we all have nut-related food allergies. I'm not sure if I'm amused or just extremely disappointed. Hopefully we have other things in common. Granted, we all want to work in publishing, so that's good. And it looks like most of us are editing-focused, if not all four of us. So we'll see!

Anyway, sent off the manuscript so now all I have left to do is pack and do the pile of homework I have left. Hah. *hyperventilates*

But oh well. I've shut down my two day-to-day jobs, and with the manuscript out of the way, all I have left to worry about is school and I'm weirdly relieved despite having been so pumped to graduate.

tbh, i dunno why i'm even writing this here except i'm excited and have no local friends to share it with. So, like, excuse my ramblings.
Apollo Zabini
Apollo Zabini
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Apollo Zabini Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:34 am

Yeah. That's the thing, as well. I'm not very good at knowing what will or won't be a problem for me, yet. I only found out I had the allergy (I think I developed it?) last year on accident. And I'd had symptoms before then but didn't realize what they were. So I don't always know what'll have pine nuts in it. Gotta ask, which is a little frustrating, but I'm doing some research about it before I go.
Apollo Zabini
Apollo Zabini
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy R. Lupin Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:17 pm

It's a lil sad how excited I am for you, btw. Because I think I'm pretty damn excited. DON'T FORGET ME WHILE YOU'RE GONE. -sobbing-
Teddy R. Lupin
Teddy R. Lupin
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 265

Back to top Go down

Post by Apollo Zabini Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:11 am

Oh, goodness. Giphy

As if I could. You'll get more SCs than you probably care to. Plus, we need to Skype with the house people at some point! My angst will lead me back here, too XD
Apollo Zabini
Apollo Zabini
Fifth Year Slytherin
Fifth Year Slytherin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top