Welcome to Potter’s Army

Potter’s Army is a roleplaying site that's been up and running since 2007. We pride ourselves on fostering a welcoming and helpful community where all levels of writers are accepted.

In this alternate universe, Lord Voldemort is dead, but so is Harry Potter. Factions continue to fight, Hogwarts educates the next generation of witches and wizards, and the Ministry of Magic does its best to hold everything together.

It is 2030 in the Wizarding World

Help us get new members by voting below

Honeydukes Topsites Top 50 RPGs Top RPG Sites
Word Counter

words: 0

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Second Year Hufflepuff
Second Year Hufflepuff
Sterling Hart
Second Year
NoneStudent
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Caleb

View user profile

HART, Sterling

on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:26 pm

MAIN
They were the last people you'd expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn't hold with such nonsense

Character's Legal Name: Sterling Hart

Birthdate: May 16, 2019

Hogwarts House: If you decide, I'll let you, but if you don't, I'll say Ravenclaw

Blood Type:  Halfblood

Species: Human

Face claim: Daisy Smiles

APPEARANCE
...Aunt Petunia often said that Dudley looked like a baby angel - Harry often said that Dudley looked like a pig in a wig

Sterling pays a lot of attention to the way she looks. She makes sure she always has up-to-date clothing. She has neat light brown hair that is always down. She doesn't want to look too solemn or too babyish. Her eyes are a stormy gray and her mouth is slightly wide, but still pretty normal. She has a round nose and round ears. Her body is slightly short and very flexible.

PERSONALITY
......If only the hat had mentioned a house for people who felt a bit queasy, that would have been the one for him

Sterling feels like her name is too masculine. It is a name that is used for both genders but is primarily for boys and she gets really bothered by it when people are confused as to why her name is Sterling. She doesn't let this get her down, however. She has a crush on almost every boy in her grade that could be described as cute. She tries very hard in her classes as she is very strict to herself about getting good grades in school. Her favorite class is Charms because you learn things that seem simple, but are extremely useful and you depend on them all the time without knowing it. Sterling loves to read and write which is part of the reason why she's so good in class. She has read and reread all of the spellbooks needed for her year and loves to write and can write efficiently, so her assignments are done relatively quickly.

HISTORY
..................Hey! My eyes aren't 'glistening with the ghosts of my past'!

Early Years: Sterling has had a pretty simple life up until she got to Hogwarts. She has won a few awards in her younger years for "Class Fashionista", but those don't matter much to her.

Hogwarts Years: After joining Hogwarts at the start of the school year, Sterling has had less time to swoon over boys and has had to study more. This matters a bit to her, but not greatly. She wants to make her parents proud by getting exceptionally good grades at Hogwarts.

After Hogwarts: This is unexistant.

Out of Character
I'm Harry's half-sister, Dumbledore's daughter, Voldemort's niece, Sirius' cousin, Snape's daughter and Lupin's great grandmother...

What should we call you: Caleb

RP Experience: I've been roleplaying for around three months but have caught on relatively quickly.

How you found us: Top HP RP Sites

Main Character (we'll PM you on this account): Sterling Hart

Magical Information

Wand:  Rosewood, veela hair, 12' 4", springy

Patronus: If she ever learns to cast one, it would be a dove. Graceful, elegant and pretty. All qualities that Sterling

Amormentia: It smells like dahlias with other floral scents in the background.

Favourite kind of magic: Charms

Least favourite kind of magic: Defense Against the Dark Arts, Flying

Classes taken: Astronomy, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Flying, Herbology, History of Magic, Potions, Transfiguration

Last edited by Sterling Hart on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Selwyn Thorfinn
23 : Alumnus
NoneDeputy Headmaster
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profilehttps://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

Re: HART, Sterling

on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:06 pm
Hi Caleb. Welcome to PA.

To me, Stirling seems driven by practicality, work ethic and a need to achieve (ambition). So she could be a Hufflepuff or even a Slytherin. However, Ravenclaw isn't completely out of the question.

What do you think?
Second Year Hufflepuff
Second Year Hufflepuff
Sterling Hart
Second Year
NoneStudent
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Caleb

View user profile

on Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:43 pm
Selwyn Thorfinn wrote:Hi Caleb.  Welcome to PA.

To me, Stirling seems driven by practicality, work ethic and a need to achieve (ambition).  So she could be a Hufflepuff or even a Slytherin.  However, Ravenclaw isn't completely out of the question.

What do you think?
I'm fine with anything. I'm willing to do Hufflepuff, but for some reason I always want my first characters to be "good", or, in this case, in a house that normally produces students who can be kind. I think it may be because I want to make a good impression. So I'd prefer to do Hufflepuff. She was originally a Hufflepuff, but I added some Ravenclaw traits for reasons which I forget.
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Selwyn Thorfinn
23 : Alumnus
NoneDeputy Headmaster
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profilehttps://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

on Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:25 am
Well, there is no rule that Slytherins have to be mean (or that any of the other houses have to be good, for that matter). I play Christian Thorfinn, Selwyn's brother, and he's generally considered pretty good, as well as Clytemnestra Lux who has good intentions even if she's not exactly nice in the way she accomplishes them.

But it sounds like Hufflepuff is a better fit. While I'm sorting Sterling, you might want to go claim her stuff in the claims forum and check out opportunities for plotting in the requests forum. Especially look in the single characters and character lists forums, that's where most of our plotting happens.
Sponsored content

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum