Slytherin Common Room
Hogwarts
1 March 2030

Ms Jaquellene Dyllan
1342 Layabout Lane
Chopham
Surrey

Dear Ms Dyllan

My name is Christian Thorfinn, and I am friends with Goose.

I know you know my brother, and that you don't get along with him. So I wish to first reassure you of my good intentions. I don't know how much you know about veela, but they have a real temper, and mum always says that Selwyn is more veela than is good for him.

I am writing to you about Goose, though. I have recently noticed that he is struggling in his classes. I haven't asked him about it directly, since I am the Deputy Headmaster's brother and I don't want to make him uncomfortable, but I have tried to let him tell me on his own.

Of course he hasn't done that, or I wouldn't be writing to you. I know you are a Gryffindor, so I wonder does he believe that all Slytherins are evil? There are a few people in our house right now who strive toward comic book villainy, but they are certainly the minority. Besides, I wanted to be a Hufflepuff. The only other thing I can think of is that he thinks I'll bully him for not being perfect at spells, but that makes no sense as I can already see he's not perfect at spells and I haven't done it yet.

Anyhow, I do hope you can persuade Goose to be more trusting and stop hiding from everyone.

Yours Sincerely
Christian Thorfinn

Christian Thorfinn
Second Year Slytherin
Second Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 58
Species : Part Veela

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Good intentions never got anyone anywhere

Post by Jack Dyllan on Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:22 am

Jack Dyllan
1342 Layabout Lane
Chopham
Surrey

Christian Thorfinn
1st Year Dormitory
Slytherin Common Room
Hogwarts
1 March 2030

Christian,

Call me Jack.

I wouldn't say I don't get along with your brother - supposedly the redhead anger is a thing too. So veela and redhead, fated to come into conflict. Even if there were actual ill feelings, I wouldn't pass them along to you.

I appreciate you reaching out. I don't think it has anything to do with Slytherin House, honestly, as Goose knows I hold more than a few Slytherins in high esteem and he's not one to apply labels.

I don't want to reveal his secrets for him, but I can tell you that it has something to do with his magical system. Because it's a relatively rare condition, we're shooting in the dark for things to lessen the severity, improve his abilties, etc.

I'll send him an owl soon. In the meantime, I fully encourage you to be open with him and approach him about it. We're a pretty open family. I know he's quiet but he's used to a pretty nosy environment, so any approach you take will probably be subtle by comparison.

And if that's not something you're comfortable with, that's fine as well. I appreciate you letting me know. His letters are mostly about what's going well so the other perspective is very helpful. It also does put me more at ease to know he has a friend watching his back.

Thanks once again,

Jack

Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10233
Species : Human
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

View user profile https://youroneactsucks.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top