All things werewolf related

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Clair Sauvage on Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:58 am

From Khaat's other post:

This is a piece of PA history that goes back to 2014-ish.

James Blood has a rather unhealthy obsession with Khaat and he has had for a long time. In 2014, he kidnapped her and took her to his lair and intended to keep her there. The problem was that she was pregnant-full term, with twins--babies Blood intended to keep for himself to raise as werewolves.

There was a mass thread at that time in a wizard vs. werewolf battle, and James' lair was destroyed and several of his pack members killed. In an effort to save what was left of the pack, James retreated and went to Fenrir and asked for shelter and protection for himself and what little of a pack he had left.

Fenrir agreed, but with a couple of conditions. First, as the alpha male, Fenrir got to absorb James' pack into his own. And second, James no longer has any dominance of the pack except by what he can achieve by intimidation and brute strength. Fenrir is, at the point, the only being (human or otherwise) that has established any dominance over James. He is the only one that has been established that can bring him under any sort of control. Fenrir might be aging, but he has no delusions about James and no intention of letting James control diddly squat, if he can help it.

However, it probably is worth mentioning that aside from Khaat's family ( and I'm including all of my toys in my toybox here, including Marcus Belby and Edward Donahue) he did develope an interesting curiosity about Jack Dyllan that might be worth exploring further at some point.

Oh--and PS--James has a biological younger brother that he turned into a werewolf when the brother was just a young boy. That brother is, and has been, a playing character here from waaaay back--Jack Black Heart--who works for Khaat. Jack hates James by the way. No love loss whatsoever.

For my own werewolf plotting, Monroe Ashcroft is a werewolf activist. I'd love for him to set up some werewolf support services. Maybe a clinic in Diagon Alley or Hogsmeade?

I'm also considering creating a more pacifist werewolf pack based in London - but I'd like to know if there's any interest before I do.
Clair Sauvage
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 178
Species : Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: All things werewolf related

Post by Christian Zabini on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:00 am

It wouldn't be immediate, but if they figured out how to pull someone from another pack, Safiya could be encouraged to switch teams.
Christian Zabini
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 183
Occupation : Co-Leader of Potter's Army l Deed Holder of Quality Quidditch Supplies

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Caleb Flint on Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:10 am

A long time ago, I had wanted Gabby to develop a pack full of young'uns and become a den mother of sorts. He's gotten super negative though, so maybe Lily could be persuaded to play nice with others.
Caleb Flint
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Death Eater
Number of posts : 69

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Clair Sauvage on Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:07 am

We could lead into that with the Monroe & Lily thing. Or Safiya is high profile enough that Monroe would be interested in her, too.

If you know anything about actual wolf packs, the whole "alpha male" thing is a myth. Most wolf packs are led by a mating pair (and the pack is their offspring).

My whole premise was that this pack would be headed by a couple (or possibly a coven - I mean they would still be witches and wizards) and their main goal wouldn't be turning people, but adopting in orphans who'd been turned out of their homes by prejudiced parents etc. So the whole pack would have a more family vibe, to contrast from Greyback & Blood's bloodthirsty feel.

@Khaat Lupin Your thoughts would be great as well.
Clair Sauvage
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 178

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Freyja Podmore on Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:22 am

I've been wanting to pull Dylan from the pack (because he's just misguided) so if he's somehow "rescued" from there, he'd def need a new pack to get along with.

I've already talked to Jack about the whole pulling Dylan out thing, but if he's of use here I'm all for it.
Freyja Podmore
Sixth Year Gryffindor
Sixth Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 565

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin on Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:37 am

In all actuality, there is an dominant female in the Greyback/Blood pack. Moira Crawford has been James' "female" for a long time now--he depersonalizes and only refers to her as his female--not that he's monogamous b/c he's not. Hitame has been using Moira as an NPC. (Moira was Hitame's but she was open in the possibility of reactivating her if it was helpful, at my last discussion of it)

I have not wanted to bring a steady female in for Fenrir at this age in his life, not that I couldn't. However, Moira's personality was strong enough that the pack didn't seem to need another.

James is a lot more animalistic, (a little twisted) and, at the same time, self centered. He has lost a lot of his humanity b/c he has no desire to own any of it and it has made him pretty brutal. He's also motivated by his own insatiable urge for power, including some weird desires for a lot more territory than Fenrir wants him to have. TBH, I think Fenrir's take on it is that being twisted is one thing but I think he sees James as being a bit too twisted for comfort.

Fenrir is bloodthirsty, you're right, but then he always was. In looking at him as an elderly character, I've tried to temper him, feeling that he might not be such a loose canon as James because, having lived as a werewolf for so many decades, he does not have quite the hunger as James does these days. However, he's not about to hand over running the pack to anyone else, and certainly not to James--someone that he knows he can't trust any farther than he can spit him.

I think your premise of a pack with a different bent would be a good one, Selwyn. Not every player wants a character who is really dark. I think a contrast of having a group of magical creatures that have the possibility of being good or neutral is a wonderful thing and has some great plotting potential.

Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 18470
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Seer, Healer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top