A New Reason to Hate Paris - Page 5
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A New Reason to Hate Paris - Page 5 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A New Reason to Hate Paris

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A New Reason to Hate Paris - Page 5 Empty Re: A New Reason to Hate Paris

Post by Marcus Belby Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:13 am

Marcus cast a nonverbal alohamora, aiming to open the door, but the spell just fizzled. He rolled his eyes, putting his wand in his pocket. There was more than one way to open a bloody door. He drew out the long barreled semiautomatic pistol from his jacket, checked to be sure the silencer was on tightly, and fired two well placed shots into the lock on the door.

"Good work," Michael told Jack, seeing the key card Jack had lifted. He looked over just in time to see Marcus shoot the lock in the door. "It seems Belby had other ideas," he said to Jack. Michael believed he was seeing a side of Marcus he had not yet seen--the side of a man who had perhaps his own nightmares from intelligence work. Belby had evidently done some scary things with even scarier results. Michael made a mental note to pose a question or two to him over a pint when this was over.

Belby kicked the door open, aiming his gun at the first thing that moved on the inside. The first thing he saw was Brian falling unconscious to the floor, and some big ape of a man with clenched fists, standing beside him. This could not possibly be Thomas Gelding, Marcus decided. This was merely a thug. By the looks of Brian's bloodied form, this brute had been trying to extract information for some time, but he wasn't going to get the chance to continue it. So far as Marcus was concerned, this big oaf was done asking questions. He started to take slow steps around the edge of the room, purposely to try to position himself between this git and Brian.

"Luther Burke," Michael said with complete distaste, seeing the man near Brian. Burke was Gelding's chief 'security' man. The organization had tangled with Luther Burke before. He should have known Gelding would not do his own dirty work. To make matters more complicated, Michael had not missed the blood all over Brian's face, the side and the back of his head, a puddle on his shirt over his ribs, and the deep bruising over the back of his hands. And that was just what Michael could see. He had no idea if there was more or not.

"I don't care who he is," Marcus bristled, "I'm betting a bullet still will make a hole in him."

"Hiring muggles now, are you, Tremaine?" Burke laughed sarcastically,. "Is there no low to which your 'captain' will not go? Be careful there, Boy. You just might shoot yourself."

"Muggle weapons can still work rather well," Michael said, trying not to give away how amused he was that Burke had mistaken Marcus for a muggle because of the gun. Burke was ignorant of how dangerous the waters could be for mistaking Marcus as inexperienced with weapons, but he was backing away from Marcus a little, and that gave Marcus space to try to cover Brian from more harm. One thing was for sure, Michael had no intention of rescuing Gelding's reinforcer.

"One against four, I take it. Well, one against two..." Burke said, still amused at believing the man with the gun was a muggle, "and a half. He only rates about half. And I see you brought your trained dog with you, too. How nice." He sneered at Jack.

Marcus felt sure the others had their wands trained on Burke, so he felt safe in a momentary glance towards Brant. "Can you do anything for him before we take him out of here?" Marcus believed that by continuing to stand between Brian and Burke he could help keep Brant covered too enough to let Brant see if there was anything that could be done for Brian. And then there was the small matter of the large heavy boatchains still shackled to Brian's writsts and ankles. If they were magically protected, then, someone was going to have to search Burke for a key or hope that Michael could pick the locks.

"You're a fool, Muggleboy, if you think I'm letting any of you leave," Burke said.
Marcus Belby
Marcus Belby
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 182
Special Abilities : Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:26 pm

Jack walked in and immediately saw Burke his reaction was to tear out his heart but he held himself noting how Marcus moved slowly between Brian and Burke. He growled and let his claws out slightly his eyes changed colour to there were colour of yellow as he watched him. “ I should tear you to pieces for what you've done.” He said to him as he shadowed Brant who moved behind Jack over to Brian.

“Okay let see what the damage is” He said softly as he cradled Brian's head on his knee then took out a replenishing potion. Slowly, drop by drop he let it drip against Brian's lips hoping he'd take some in and regain some strength to at least open his eyes. He glanced over at Jack who he could see was flexing his muscles ready for a fight. He motioned to Michael to watch the door as he heard running foot steps.

“Michael, would you mind getting rid of these chains there rather in my way.” He asked holding a rather heavy chain up. As he did he saw a man behind Michael and struck out with a Confringo and the man burst into flames running away from them down the corridor. “Sorry if I singed a few hairs there.” He said glancing over at Burke with a smirk on his face hoping he would realise he was not just a pretty face any more but some one who knew how to fight and who had a reason now to fight as hard as he could to keep that person safe.

Jack smirked as he looked back from Brant to Burke waiting for Marcus's next move he wanted to laugh when he called Marcus a muggle boy, he was far from it and Jack knew it, even the look on Brant's face told him they both were waiting for him to show his hand. Brant looked back down at Brian.

“Come on Brian, open those eyes, Khaat is going to kill us if you go back like this.” He whispered to him as he continued to drip the potion onto his lips.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 850

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:06 pm

Boatchains--Michael hated them. They were for boats, not people. He went over, drew out a lockpick from his pocket and opened the shackles quickly. While he worked, he watched Brant trying to wake up Brian.

"It will be magic indeed if you can wake him up, judging by all the blood," Michael said quietly to Brant.

"We will be leaving with him," Marcus told Burke defiantly. "Try to stop me, and I will kill you."

"You can try, little Muggle," Burke laughed. Marcus had no intention of telling this idiot that he wasn't nearly as inexperienced as Burke believed.

Michael opened the last of the shackles and let them drop to the floor. He was surprised to see the fingers on Brian's right hand flinch. Maybe he was in there after all. He waited and saw Brian's eyes open and shut again. He wasn't sure Brian had seen much of anything.

"Call the C.O," he heard Brian mumble. Michael understood it, and he knew it wasn't good. It wasn't done. What Brian was asking for just wasn't done in this situation. Brian was instructing them to summon Robert. Michael could only interpret that as either Brian believing he'd failed his mission or Brian feeling the severity of his own injuries. Either way, it wasn't good.

"Get him out first," Marcus said, watching Brian seem to fade again.

"You can't apparate him from here, you know," Burke taunted them. "Might as well leave him to die so that maybe I'll let you leave alive--or not." Michael stood up.

"Imperio!" Michael fired an imperious curse at Burke. "Now, shut it!" Marcus glared at Michael disapprovingly. Unforgivable curses?

"I didn't know you could cast those," Marcus frowned.

"There's a first time for everything," Michael said, knowing he wasn't authorized to use them. "I think we need a hostage until we get out. Then I bloody don't care what we do with him. Jack, can you and Brant get Brian out? Let Burke muscle him out for all I care."

"His injuries are too severe for him to walk out," Marcus said. "We'll need a Plan B."
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 646

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:03 am

Brant breathed out a little as the last chain fell from Brian's body he saw the marks left on his wrists and ankles. Taking out a salve he gently rubbed them then looked up at Michael as he spoke, “Even a small sign is enough for me.” He said and smiled seeing Brian's eyes open then close even just the once it gave him hope the potion was working. Then he heard him speak and he looked to Michael and nodded.

Jack looked at Michael as he spoke to him then to Brant who nodded. “ I'll carry him. you.. do what you do.” He said and Brant nodded understanding he would take charge of Brian's health. Turning back to Burke Jack sneered and spoke one last time knowing he could not do a damn thing about it “ Hope you burn in hell.” He said then turned to pick up Brian bridal style in his large arms. Once he was comfortable holding him Brant gave Brian a little more potion and checked his wrists finding the salve had healed most of it but not all.

“ How about the garage, Bound to be some gear we can...borrow” Jack said chuckling at the use of the word borrow knowing he'd never get it back, well not in one piece that is. Jack moved to the door and found the corridor was empty. “Seems clear” he said and took a deep breath in. “ seems your not as important as you think.” Jack sneered again at Burke, completely Not liking the man and making sure he knew it. Though he still wondered what the card was for and looked at Brant.

“The key card in my pocket give it to Michael” he said and Brant did just that pulling it from his pocket. He looked at it for a moment. “ Hey cat man, know what that's for?” He asked “Maybe He could tell us, since the guy I took it off had it around his neck is some what...dead.” He motioned to Burke. Jacks eyes burned into Burke, if he didn't have Brian who was a more important mission to look after he would have ripped him apart but for now he had to quell the anger he felt for another time and day.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:59 am

Michael looked over the card. How bloody obvious, he sighed. Or was it, on second thought? He'd seen this key card before, and it wasn't here. He knew where it went to--a well funded muggle museum.

"This is not a problem," Michael said, not telling them that the last time he'd tried to break into this particular museum, he'd spent a little time in a Paris jail cell until Robert had gotten him out. This key card was to a safe deep within some of the highly secured store rooms, and Michael knew all too well what those rooms usually held--tempting things for man with Michael's skills.

The question Michael had was what the hell did Gelding have a museum security card for? And--was it, or was it not what Brian had been willing to risk his life by coming here alone? Was Gelding brazen enough to tuck something of worth away in a museum? Had Brian honestly come to try to burgle a key card? Brian was not thief. What the hell had he come here for that Robert would not speak of? None of it made sense, but the one thing he was sure of was that Robert had all the answers and had let them come here with no information at all. Michael was pissed. He wanted a word with his dear friend. Michael pocketed the key card.

"This card opens nothing here," Michael said, "but I know very well where it will work. Doesn't make sense, but I think we're done here."

"March," Marcus ordered Burke, having to work very hard to stop from making a lasting impression on Burke. He knew they needed him to get out. "I think you're right, Jack. The garage should work just fine," Marcus replied to Jack.

He didn't know what gear Jack wanted, but Marcus had his own plans of disposing of Burke there. One thing that bothered Marcus deeply was how Khaat would cope when they brought Brian back in such lousy shape. Marcus didn't see that going smoothly at all. Perhaps Brian was right. Perhaps summoning Robert to clean up his own mess wasn't entirely unwarranted, whether or not that had been Brian's purpose for wanting him called.

"Get us out, Burke," Michael ordered, "Do it quietly, and you will dispose of anyone who stands in our way." He watched Burke head out the door.

"Go," Marcus told them. "I'll keep you covered." Michael nodded and followed Burke, motioning to Brant and Jack. Burke led them down the hallway, the opposite direction from how they'd gotten in, and up a stairway into a very large and imposing garage where Gelding had a number of classic cars parked.

Michael was not impressed, knowing how Gelding had come to afford them. It was a business that needed stopped. Burke opened a side door to the garage to reveal a walkway that was thick with trees and brush and vines. It was well concealed from the muggle public view, easy for Gelding's men to get into and out of.

"That's the way out," Burke said, pointing down the walkway.

"Go," Marcus told them standing in the garage. "I'll be right behind you. Burke, come with me." Burke obediently turned and went with Marcus. Marcus put the pistol back in his jacket and drew his wand. "By the way, Burke, I'm not a muggle. Just thought you'd want to know. Silencio!"

That interested Michael. He wanted to know what Belby had up his sleeve. Marcus was eyeing a mechanic's car rack where someone did repairs on Gelding's elite fleet, along with a length of chain. He secured the chain around Burke, and raised the car rack, suspending Burke into the air. Muted by Marcus's silencing charm, all Burke could do was hang, silent and helpless.

"Well, that's creative," Michael frowned.

"They'll find him," Marcus said. "Maybe. Eventually." He looked at Jack and Brant. "Let's try to apparate back to where we came from when we get to the other end of the walkway. Muggles might not understand why we're carrying someone."

"Wizards won't get that either, Lad," Michael said dryly.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Brant Ezekiel Crawford Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:21 pm

Jack carried Brian out into the corridor and down to the garage he glanced at the cars and then to Marcus.

“Think we could borrow one of these?” He said then chuckled at how Marcus had strung up Burke. “ Hey Burke, you just hanging around” He said and heard Brant groan but chuckle at the bad joke. On hearing Michael suggest apperating back Jack sighed and nodded then glance at the sports car he stood next to. “Another time” He said and moved to Brant who placed two drops of restorative just to keep him going and support him until they could get him home and to Khaat or Jess.

“Okay, he's stable enough for us to apperated, lets go” Brant looked at Michael “I'm curios too as to why Brian would do all this.” He said to him as he slowly opened the large garage doors for all of them to leave. He noted the men above and waited until they had turned around before motioning to Jack to head out and down the walkway. Both men looked back to see if Michael and Marcus were following behind the pair of them.

Seeing them Jack moved to Brant who holding both Brian and Jack looked up at him. “This might get bumpy, I've never apperated more than one person” He said as he apperated all three of them to the main house living room where Jack placed him down on the couch.

“Okay get Jess or Khaat” he said to Brant who quickly headed up the stairs, Jack looked around wondering where Michael and Marcus were and why they were taking so long.
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Brant Ezekiel Crawford
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Michael Tremaine Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Michael did not worry about Brant or Jack getting Brian home, or about Marcus taking care of Khaat. What did concern him was in making sure that Robert was going to follow up properly with whatever he'd started. Michael went to the Ministry and went up to Robert's office.

"Sitting here, drinking tea, are you?" Michael was unable to hide the bitterness in his tone.

"Working," Robert looked up. "Did you expect that I would merely pace the living room and wait? I have many responsibilities. Find him, then?"

"Yes, and he needs your help--not hours from now whenever you decide to wander home. Get your self righteous arse up from that desk and get the hell home."

"You are feeling inordinately free to jump to conclusions about things you know nothing about," Robert said closing the file he'd been working in. "You know me better than what you're crediting me for."

"What I know is that your son in law is seriously hurt," Michael said, "apparently no thanks to you. You got him into this mess, and you need to get him out. Your daughter does not know yet how badly he's hurt."

"Jess is there, and she's a very qualified healer," Robert got up calmly.

"You and I both know you're nothing but flatulence when you get like this," Michael said, "but every now and again people deserve better from you."

"And you can tell me it's all hot air all you like. You're better than making conclusions without facts," Robert drew his wand. "I'll see you there."

He and Michael apparated back to the estate separately. Robert saw they had indeed brought Brian home, and he was relieved, even though his mind was already on the medical tasks ahead of him.

"Well done," Robert told Jack quietly, not seeing Brant at the moment. "Thank you. Let me take a look." He didn't need anyone to tell him that Gelding had obviously gotten the better of Brian for some time, and Brian had taken more than one hit to the head. The moment he touched Brian, he knew that that was where his efforts were going to have to be. There were at least two broken ribs that he could detect when he touched him, and countless other bruises. That and he was dehydrated. That all seemed to be, perhaps, the worst of it. It was taking a toll on Brian's energies.

"He'll be alright," Robert told them, knowing he was making a promise that, as of yet, Robert did not know if he could keep. He could not address everything as quickly as it needed to be addressed. He had to focus and deal with the head injury first. He was hoping Jess was free to partner with him in this. Robert knew too that Khaat might not be at her best, not under the circumstances. He definitely needed someone to help. He heard someone else enter the room, hoped it was Jess, and looked up to see Kate coming in from the kitchen. He did not need her to speak to him for him to know she was angry. Well, that would be a pleasant little hurricane, wouldn't it?

Michael heard the sound of porting, and he looked up to see Marcus arriving back from Paris headquarters with Khaat. Michael was relieved that Marcus had apparently briefed her because he could see in her face that she knew. She stood, simply watching her father work. If anyone had a right to be upset at the moment, Michael believed it was her.
Michael Tremaine
Michael Tremaine
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jessie Tyler Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:26 pm

Jack moved away from Brian once he was settled on the couch, he moved to the other side giving Robert space. As he stood Jess appeared carrying Roberts bag in her hand her eyes focused on Brian as she set it down next to Robert. With her hands lightly touching Brian's skin she sighed. “ I'll monitor and maintain his energy, you do what you must.” she told Robert feeling the replenishing potion that Brant had given Brian earlier swirling inside him but to her it was like a drop of water in a bucket filled with water.

Jess levelled out his energy with her own and nodded to Robert that he could start his part of the healing. “It was quite a beating.” She said softly as she sent energy to his ribs at the same time she relived some of the discomfort he had to be feeling. Brant moved up the stairs to Brian and Khaats room knowing eventually they would have to move him to a bed, now entering the room he walked over to the large bed and pulled back the covers ready to accept its occupant when the time arose. Returning back to the main living room he stood with his arms folded but the glint from his watch told him he was late for an appointment.

“I got to run, I have an appointment that I can't miss, please keep me informed” He said and apperated away leaving Jack with a smug grin knowing Brant was meeting his woman again. Jess shook her head and focused on Brian, her hands moved to is chest sending energy into his heart to keep it beating strongly.
Jessie Tyler
Jessie Tyler
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 4796

Back to top Go down

Post by Robert Lupin Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:52 pm

"Well done, Brant, thank you," Robert said, his voice steady and focused on the task at hand. He had not wanted to fail to acknowledge Brant's contribution on what had turned out to be a dangerous task.

Robert's own energies immediately felt the sudden rush of Jess's energies as they flooded through Brian. That would definitely help.

"Thank you," he said quietly to Jess. Brian's finger's twitched at the sensation of her energies, and Robert felt Brian's system immediately tense. It was common for him to feel that sensation from patients who had been traumatized. He did not expect it from Brian. Robert put one hand briefly on Brian's forehead and cast a calming spell. You're fighting the wrong thing, Mate, he thought.

Robert looked up at Jess, not wanting to use words, but feeling she would most likely felt what he had. If Brian had been traumatized, it might be something they would have to ease for him for awhile while his head injury healed. Besides that, it could dramatically affect his ability to rest, to sleep, to eat, and to heal, and there was no way of knowing, for now, if it was going to be significant enough that Brian would need to work through later, but Robert was going to be very mindful about it.. It was something that could not go unattended. However, he did not need or want the others to be distressed about this, not yet.

Angus brought a basin of water, some soap, and towels and put it nearby.

"Can I help you clean some of that up?" Angus asked, wanting to help removed some of the layers of dried blood on Brian's face, neck, shoulders, and hands.

"Yes, please," Robert said. "I'll be working on the skull so it won't be in my way, and I'm certain he'll feel better. Careful, though. He's a little jumpy."

"He's got a right," Angus said understanding, setting to work slowly and soothingly. This was his friend, and Angus needed to be useful, needed to do something.

Kate went over to Jack and gave him a grateful smile. "Thank you, Jack. I don't know what we'd have done without you. Thank you for bringing him home."

"Come sit," Marcus said to Khaat softly. "Let's just give them them space to patch him up." He was deliberately minimizing it a bit for her. He took her to a chair out of the way and saw her shiver hard. Whatever that weird seers' stuff she had, it seemed to be acting on something. That was often what made her shiver like this, not that he understood how it worked. He did understand her. He picked up a shawl on the back of the chair and wrapped it around her. Kate went over towards Khaat and touched her arm.

"Shut him away a little," Kate advised her. "Give yourself a little space. Jess has his energies, your father's working on his healing, and I'm getting something else from him. I'll let you know. He's alright." Kate sat in a chair by the long glass windows to take advantage of light energies and closed her eyes. Wherever Brian was, she felt a need to try to follow. She didn't understand why, but she had long learned to not let that stop her.

Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 3100
Special Abilities : Master Healer, Potionsmaster, Energy Worker, Portkey Creation

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Black Heart Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:08 pm

Jess looked over at Robert and gave a simple smile to acknowledge his thoughts without disturbing the flow she gave out. Her hands moved to Brian's but only lightly touching them as she turned them palm up, a spark jumped from her hand to his but she ignored it as she glanced at Marcus then down to the bloodied hand resting under hers. Jack heard Kate and walked over to them both as he sighed.

“My only regret is not kicking Burke's ass while I had him at arms length.” He said softly then glanced back at Brian on the couch. “I need to work out, but not until I know he's going to be all right” He said and looked over at Jess who nodded. He heard Kate talk to Khaat and nodded “Kate's right, he's in good hands.” He could not help himself as he touched her hand lightly his own as he would Jess knowing or hoping she would pull on his pent up, excess energy.

Jess kept her head down focusing on Brian searching out areas within him that lacked energy and filled it each time she found a spot she pulled a little from a place that had more then enough. Glancing over she saw Marcus cleaning Brian's head then looked at Robert. Reaching out she placed her hand on his shoulder filling his energy so he could continue with the repair work. She visualised Brian seeing and feeling his energy and where it flowed redirecting and shifting it as easily as she would a flow from a river with in her mind.
Jack Black Heart
Jack Black Heart
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 2116

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top