Lunch loves company
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Lunch loves company Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Lunch loves company

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lunch loves company Empty Lunch loves company

Post by Teddy R. Lupin Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:04 am

Teddy typically took lunch in his classroom. His schedule usually worked out just so that it made little sense to make an attempt down to the Great Hall, or even up to the Staff Lounge. Maddie had warned him of the possibility of this early on and he had made sure to keep a nice little pantry of foods borrowed from the kitchens in his classroom so he could ensure he didn't starve while he waited for the kiddos to arrive.

Every now and then, though, he had the time to take his lunch in the staff lounge. That was typically when Selwyn found him.

Teddy didn't mind, of course. He much preferred the social aspects of this job to the sense of solitude that came from counseling. Even surrounded by people, one didn't feel they were permitted to connect, not really, with that desk between them. Hogwarts had allowed him to continue his friendship with Maddie, to even facilitate a friendship of sorts with Avery Bishop, and have him an access to his sister-of-sorts that he had still not found a way to broach.

He had let his last class leave early to get a headstart on their essay for the week, giving him ample time to enjoy some of the food provided in the staff lounge. He brought along one of his salads, settling into one of the tables in the center of the room. It was deserted, save for a substitute glowering over some notes, fingers plugged into their ears despite the silence of the room as they tried to focus.

Teddy certainly wasn't going to be the one to interrupt.

@Selwyn Thorfinn
Teddy R. Lupin
Teddy R. Lupin
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 265

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Lunch loves company Empty Re: Lunch loves company

Post by Teddy R. Lupin Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:39 pm

A voice that had become exceedingly familiar reached his ears and Teddy turned to look at the Deputy Headmaster, offering a smile. "Good afternoon, Selwyn." Teddy wasn't one predisposed to being easily irritated - exasperated was probably the closest he felt. Selwyn usually had an earful and it often forced Teddy to take a headfirst tumble into his old therapeutic ways, too often reverting back to questions that prompted self reflection, turning statements around to shed new light. He wasn't sure when the habit would stop, or when it would at least feel less taxing once all was said and done.

Selwyn's question threw him off guard and he followed the younger man's gaze, rediscovering the frantic tableau of the substitute. He wasn't sure if the woman could hear them so Teddy decided to speak kindly rather than give her more cause for uncertainty. "Probably got called in last minute."

He glanced towards the empty seat at his table. "Would you like to join me?"
Teddy R. Lupin
Teddy R. Lupin
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy R. Lupin Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:18 pm

Teddy nodded at the Deputy Headmaster, turning back to his salad as he picked through the greens, looking for a bite of tomato while Selwyn dug around for a snack of his own.

Teddy had somehow forgotten the whole... living at Hogwarts for the entire school year part of the bargain. It had only struck him weeks before the term began, and had almost been enough to make him reconsider. But he was glad, now that he was here. It was regrettable that the dog had to be taken care of by his neighbor, but an excuse to be away from his lonely flat had turned out to be a blessing.

Teddy glanced up at Selwyn's question, just as he speared the tomato he was looking for. "They're good. I was worried about my ability to actually teach the material, but there's enough material to get through that I don't have much time during the lesson to spend on second guessing myself. Which seems to work." He offered a little grin and then popped the cherry tomato in his mouth. After a moment, he was clear to ask, "How's your classes going?"
Teddy R. Lupin
Teddy R. Lupin
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy R. Lupin Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:45 am

Teddy couldn't suppress his grin at the other professor's admission, feeling just a bit better to know that he wasn't the only one with failing confidence in the job. There simply didn't seem to be a real way to gauge success. Some students had gotten better, others had gotten worse, and their interest fluctuated depending on the news of the week and how many distractions a class afforded. Knowing that even the Deputy Headmaster struggled probably should have worried him about the state of their end of year scores, rather than comforted him. But it did.

"I can't imagine adding a hippogriff to the mess," Teddy said, shaking his head as he popped a mouthful of lettuce into his mouth. He supposed he was lucky to have a class that was mostly theory. Swallowing, he added, "Though, I have to say, I wish I had more opportunities to move past the hypothetical. Can't exactly break my arm and have them try and mend the bones though. I mean, I suppose I could, but I'd probably want a raise."

He quirked his head thoughtfully at the man, saying, "Is the veela thing something you can... turn on and off? Sorry, if that's rude. It's just interesting, I suppose."
Teddy R. Lupin
Teddy R. Lupin
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top