Re-Do's
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Re-Do's Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Re-Do's

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re-Do's Empty Re-Do's

Post by Angus Donohue Wed Dec 28, 2016 9:39 pm

(decided to keep the calendar where it should be now but moved the events a bit. its a bit weird but its all good. Smile )

Angus was accustomed to handling a lot of the decorating and the cooking for the holidays, but this year, he had been lucky to be here. He had had to take a backseat to it because of the interruption to his honeymoon. He'd had a few really rough days that, thanks to Robert's care, Angus barely remembered. Now, for the first time since he'd been wounded, Angus was allowed to stand for a moment, take a few steps, and sit in one of the two chairs in front of the fireplace in his room. Robert had helped him with his warm winter robe--a Christmas gift from Edward, and had helped him to the chair. Robert had sent for tea, had lit the fire, and had found him a blanket to drape over his lap. The upstairs of the house could get a little drafty when the wind kicked up outside, and today was showing all promise of a fierce snowstorm. It was a good day to be inside by the fire anyway.

"Can I get you a book or anything?" Robert asked.

"The account ledgers would be nice," Angus said. "I'm behind on them."

"Yes, well, they'll wait another day or two, I'm sure," Robert said. "By the looks of the skies outside, we might be indoors for a few days. Might give Brian time to get to the books himself. I was thinking more of reading--as in pleasure reading. Did you not get a few new books for Christmas?"

"Yes, but I'll be darned if I know where they are," Angus said. "Suki said she was going to straighten things up so I've got no clue now."

"Oh, I bet Bella knows where Suki put your things," Robert said. "Now, no horseplay. You lost a lot of blood, and you've got a lot of broken bones and a lot of tissue damage in your chest. Bella doesn't know I'm letting you try being up, so do try not to scare the daylights out of her, would you? And I do want you to try to get some food today, not just tea."

"I'm not hungry, Robert, but tea would be nice."

"I hear you," Robert said. He left and went down to the kitchen where Suki was putting the finishing touches on a morning tea tray for Angus.

"How is he?" Suki asked.

"Stubborn," Robert said. "And no appetite."

"I've got a large batch of fresh crumpets in the oven," Suki said. "I bet if I send him up a fresh, hot crumpet, some jam and cream, and maybe some fresh fruit, he'll eat. You going to work today, Minister? The storm will be on us in a couple hours. The sky looks dark today."

"No. No one will be able to get in or out in London today, I'm afraid, but I might look for Belle and take her with me over to the farmhouse to look for some books for Angus," he said.
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 391
Special Abilities : Ecological Empath

Back to top Go down

Re-Do's Empty Re: Re-Do's

Post by Isobella Donohue Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:14 pm

Isobella had just finished getting Rose her bath, she got her in her favorite pajamas. They were the ones that Angus had picked out for her and smiled because of how much Rose loved Angus. She figured it would be a lazy day, she braided Rose's hair before sending her off to play. She cleaned up the bathroom quickly before anyone else could get to it, since it was a habit that she always came a second too late. Today however she was just in time and was able to clean up the bathroom, before downstairs to look for her knitting needles. She smiled as she found them, she had gotten them for Christmas, they were a metallic blue which made them shimmer prettily.

She went up the stairs walking steadily towards Angus' room when she heard Angus' voice and that of Roberts as well. She smiled as she heard him talking about his books that were currently tucked safely under her arm. She raised her eyebrow at Robert's words about Angus being up. She listened to them talk about him getting some food in him and how Angus wasn't hungry. She sighed shaking her head softly, she walked to where Robert wouldn't see her. She didn't want him to know she was eavesdropping though she was, she waited until he was out of sight before she entered Angus' room.

"You need to eat sweetheart and don't think I'm not gonna reprimand both either of for allowing you to be up." She said giving him a serious look. She walked over the the table in the corner and grabbed his books that he got for Christmas. She placed them on a table close enough to him so he could reach them. "I'll bring you something to eat. I expect to at least see you trying to eat, not just drinking your tea." She kissed him once more before walking out of his room with a look of worry on her face.

She walked down the stairs and stopped on the bottom step, she looked up towards where Angus was. She took a deep breath and walked into the kitchen, she gave both Suki and Robert a smile.

"Hello Suki, hello Robert." She said softly, she walked in after they were done talking to one another. She hadn't slept well last night, she really needed a strong cup of coffee to make up for some lost sleep. She had a variety of dreams last night that were between good and not so good, so she had been up and down all night. She knew it had to show on her face that she hadn't gotten much sleep, but she wasn't going to let it get in the way.

"Is there coffee? I think I'll be needing it today." She said with a small smile.

((OOC: It's fine. Sorry this post sucks Sad ))
Isobella Donohue
Isobella Donohue
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 1076

Back to top Go down

Re-Do's Empty Re: Re-Do's

Post by Angus Donohue Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:16 pm

So she'd heard. He should have suspected that. It made him smile. She didn't miss much of anything ever. And she had his books. Good--at least he wouldn't be bored.

"Thank you," he said, watching her lay them beside him. He saw she was worried, and he felt for her. He'd have been feeling the same way if the tables had been reversed.

"You do know I can't lay in bed forever, right?" He asked gently. "The faster I'm up and around, the better I'll feel. You do know that being up today was Robert's idea, right? Not one I'd fight him on, but it really was his. If it makes you feel better, though, I really will give food a decent try. I really would have preferred to be working on the budget today, though." He sighed. "Gives me something to focus on."

He was thinking of a trip to Paris--not right now, but when he was well. He really wanted to make a quick trip to Paris to deal back a bit of a blow to Thomas Gelding--the man responsible for ruining Angus's honeymoon, for ending it prematurely, and for scaring the daylights out of his new bride, and for almost ending Angus's life. Angus felt like he was entitled to get some of his own back. He was angry. Gelding was an A-Number One asshat that had been hurting other people for far too long.

"I'm fine," Angus looked at Bella and smiled, pushing Gelding to the back of his thoughts. "Just frustrated. I'm not used to not being useful, that's all."

Robert was downstairs, pouring himself a cup of tea. "Good morning," he said, smiling. "There's always coffee. Khaat and Brian don't seem to function without it. So, you're still not sleeping well? Well, perhaps I can relieve a little of that. Angus is getting better. His chest is clearing nicely. I want him up a bit on purpose. The more he lays, the more fluids he'll collect in his chest. He needs to sit up because it will cause him to breathe deeper and that will keep his chest clear. I do not want him to develop pneumonia because of letting fluids collect in his lungs. He's not going to have much energy yet, but that will come. So, I think today, we'll try to have him up for a short bit every so often and see how he does. Much as he's going to feel crappy, he's really is getting better. The bigger problem is going to be keeping his brain occupied. I've been giving that some thought. I thought I might pop over to my library at the farmhouse. How would you like to go with me and see if there are any books there that you think he'd like?"

"You ought to let her look at that mammoth collection of children's books. There have to be hundreds of books there that Rose hasn't read," Suki said. She looked at Bella. "He's got some wonderful antique children's books too. You should take a look."

"We're probably going to be snowed in shortly," Robert said. "If the wind picks up like the newspaper says, we'll have a couple of hours to apparate safely. Then it'll be just too dangerous for awhile."
Angus Donohue
Angus Donohue
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 391
Special Abilities : Ecological Empath

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum