Plot Me Please!

Plot Me Please!

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Plot Me Please!

Post by Maddie McKillon on Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:14 am

Right, so I figured it's about time I got one of these up. Now that I have a decent selection of characters, Iím offering them all up in hopes of widening my plotting circle. Below I've got a brief description of each character and a link to a thread for each if you want to see them in action. I've listed any NPCs that might provide connections and the apps are linked in the names. Iím always open to any and all suggestions, throw them at me and we can see what works!

Maddie McKillon

Maternal l Capable l Troubled l Insecure
36. Ex-Gryffindor. Magizoologist, Herbology Professor and Gryffindor Head of House.
Spoiler:

Professional 'mum' friend, at this point. Warm and nurturing and capable, but also pretty troubled and insecure, particularly about her abilities as a mother. Her ex-husband died about a year ago and sheís still trying to recover. She thinks she has, she definitely hasnít.
She's been at Hogwarts for exactly a year now, and she's probably well-liked by students for making an effort to be available and taking it easy on them. Sheís also probably got connections through her kids & ex-husband, whose profiles are here. The latter was something of a rising star in the quidditch circuit before he died, so his friends or fans may connect the dots even if itís unlikely she would have met any of his circle. Sheís been managing pretty well so far, but the Ilvermorny stuff has pushed her partly back into crisis mode.

What she needs: Hogwarts-centric plotting. Work colleagues, academic contacts, students. A personal friend or two.

NPCs:
Casper Jericho; son; 7th year Ravenclaw
Kathryn Jericho; daughter; 4th year Gryffindor
Robin Jericho; ex-husband; 36; Ex-Gryffindor & Quidditch player; dead

THREAD

Charlie Jericho
Thoughtful l Adventurous l Shy l Unsure
First Year. Gryffindor.
Spoiler:

I present you with Charlie! He's 11 years old, just started at Hogwarts, and really, really shy. He loves the idea of friends and adventure but hasn't ever had a chance to have either really. His favourite classes are Herbology and CoMC, and he has an untapped love for Quidditch. He's very easily intimidated so professors will probably scare him and so will everyone who isnít a friend or family member, tbh. He always thought he would be a Ravenclaw, and now that he's in Gryffindor he's not sure he's meant to be there at all. He got stuck at Ilvermorny the summer before his First Year and it's made him a lot more anxious and uncertain about the whole Hogwarts thing.

What he needs: First and Second years to interact with. Older students to push him around.

NPCs: [See Maddie]

THREAD

Pavo E. Hitchens

Arrogant l Ambitious l Prejudiced l Cruel
16. Slytherin. Head of the Dark Followers and Wannabe Dark Lord
Spoiler:

Pavo is a halfblood who wishes he were pureblood and thatís pretty much all there is to say about him. Heís just become the new leader of the Dark Followers and is hoping to restore them to their former glory this year, so lots of conflict with PA members (and other students if they get in the way). Heís also got an unhealthy interest in dark magic, which heís recently become rather proficient in. Iím up for pretty much anything with Pavo- ideally Iíd like him to cause as much trouble as possible, so if you want to get your character into a fight/duel in or out of class, Iím game. I do have long-term plans in mind for him which are a secret at present XD But definitely all the conflict and trouble-making for now!

What he needs: Everything! Dark Followers and PA drama especially. DEs to collaborate with. Authority figures to try to reform him.

NPCs:
Aludra "Lula" Hitchens; Irish Twin and partner-in-crime; 5th Year Ravenclaw
Plinius "Pliny" Hitchens; brother; 4th Year Ravenclaw
Lyra Hitchens; sister; 3rd Year

Elizabeth "Ella" Woods
Witty l Strong-willed l Argumentative l Blunt
25. Ex-Ravenclaw. Nursery teacher and former Magical Law Enforcement Officer.
Spoiler:

Ella is more spice than sugar, but on a good day mostly nice. She's friendly, outgoing, and very intelligent, but far too sarcastic and stubborn for her own good. She married a con-artist three years ago to avoid the Marriage Law without knowing he was a con-artist and he pretty much ruined her life. But she likes to pretend she's over it. Her friends and family have all moved on or are starting to make their way in life which sometimes makes her feel left behind, although she'll never admit as much. In her Hogwarts years she was on the Ravenclaw Quidditch Team and a bit of an accidental social butterfly with friends across the years, so it's quite likely she knows your character. She's the most open for random interactions, and her future is completely up in the air.

What she needs: Everything!

NPCs: Buckets! Listed in her app.

THREAD

Simon Gnimagnon

Humble l Hard-working l Domestic l Passive
27. Ex-Hufflepuff. Accidental Magic Reversal Squad Member.
Spoiler:

Unashamed homebody, muggle-lover and doting father to two far too well-behaved twin girls. French-Senegalese by nationality, he moved to the UK in his fourth year and ended up staying after he met his future wife. So far, he's spent his entire career in various departments of the Ministry so he's a familiar face for anyone who works there. He's far too nice and a little bit of a doormat at times, but will always stand by what he thinks is right and takes pride in being reliable and honest. He's very easily dragged into doing favours or helping out with things because he rarely says no.

What he needs: Friends, acquaintances, work-colleagues. Heck even secret haters or people who want someone to take advantage of for whatever reason. People to get him involved in bigger things than work.
NPCs:
Corinne Gnimagnon nee Warbeck; 27; wife; Ex-Hufflepuff & journalist
Tiana Gnimagnon; 3; daughter
Kayla Gnimagnon; 3; daughter

THREAD

Phaedra Rosier
Confident l Resilient l Prejudiced l Repressed
23. Ex-Slytherin. Unemployed (Freelance Potioneer).
Spoiler:

A Potions prodigy and Potioneer- a pretty damn good one at that. However, much of her work/ingredients verges on the legally/morally dubious, so itís unlikely sheíd trust many with the information. But she might be just the thing if you have a character with that kind of request. Currently, she's in a sort of social limbo and having a re-think of her life after being cut off by her uncle and losing half her family to the Green Itch. She's haughty and reserved, but surprisingly intelligent and loyal to those she values. However, word of warning- sheís not the most friendly or curious, so unless thereís a reason for her to talk to someone she probably wonít take the initiative.

What she needs: She could do with a friend or two and people to more actively dislike, as well as potions things. Purebloods are easy acquaintances/friends.

NPCs: A whoooole bunch. Parents, aunts, uncles, cousins. Mostly Italy-based.

THREAD

Last edited by Maddie McKillon on Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:20 pm; edited 4 times in total
Maddie McKillon
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 139
Species : Human
Occupation : Magizoologist, Herbology Professor at Hogwarts l Head of Gryffindor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Plot Me Please!

Post by Jack Dyllan on Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:09 am

We do need a Charlie/Goose thread. They probs need to get in trouble somewhere.

Lily does some illegal potionmaking. It might be fun if one of them is given a task too big for one potioneer and the other is brought on and they have to work together.

Also I came up with this amazing new character that I ship with Ella but I cannot do this to myself and you said you didn't want to pre-plot her but he sort of just unfolded and I have so many polyvore drafts saved #rip

Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10233
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

View user profile https://youroneactsucks.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Jericho on Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:56 pm

Done! I have suggestions (of course I do):
- something goes very wrong in the Herbology greenhouse the one time Maddie doesn't stay to supervise and they have to use their smarts to sort it out
- sneaking out after hours and almost get caught by a prefect, end up somewhere they really shouldn't be
- hang out by the Black Lake & manage to somehow antagonise the Giant Squid with no teachers or students in sight
- same thing but with the Whomping Willow because ~exploring~
- Quidditch shenanigans! Not sure if Goose even plays though
- do you think they might serve an accidental detention in the Forbidden Forest? The professors seem mostly nice but maybe they manage to make a mess of an NPC's class? Orrr go looking for an interesting plant they've heard about in the outskirts and end up getting lost

Any of those work? If you have ideas shoooot because I need me some Choose (Garlie? Garlic? Jeryllan?) action.

And oooh that could actually work. She's not quite back in the potions circuit again but getting there. Lily and Phae are the most unlikely combination ever so I don't even know how they'll take to each other. But there might be a link! @Adrienne Reynolds do you think this could tie into the Kit project? If somehow Lily ended up helping Phae with it or found out about it while working on another task maybe?

OMG DON'T DO THIS TO ME.
I'm dying of curiosity so I need the sets now even though I can make absolutely no promises because she's going to live a SPONTANEOUS LIFE I COMMAND IT. YOLO. (But lowdown plsthx Razz)
Charlie Jericho
Second Year Gryffindor
Second Year Gryffindor

Number of posts : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Weasley on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:33 pm

Let's do the Forbidden Forest in search of a plant. I imagine Goose probably decided he needed some sort of flower that he swears should be in the forest and drags Charlie along. We can keep it open so other students or professors can catch them.

GARLIC xD I love it.

If Lily got pulled into the Kit project, it'd probably be best she didn't know who it was for. Which would totally add tension when she finds out.

And you broke me. Those sets are out there now to torment me ughhhh
Dom Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 223

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Jericho on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:39 pm

Woot! I need to post in Charlie's lessons at some point but I'm up for that whenever!

Garlic it is XD

Poor Phae's shady potions work is getting her in a lot of awkward situations lol. Oh dear.

I join you in torment. Honestly so confused. Is there such thing as IC fate?? Deep questions forreal.
Charlie Jericho
Second Year Gryffindor
Second Year Gryffindor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Weasley on Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:53 pm

I'm trying to catch up myself. I'm off work for like 2 weeks after tomorrow so I'll probably find time to post it this weekend if you can wait.

Yes, poor thing. We still need to see if @Adrienne Reynolds is game for that. Otherwise we can find another link.

THERE MUST BE -sobbing-
Dom Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 223

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Jericho on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:06 pm

I shouldn't even be on here for the next three weeks *cries* I'm liable to disappear soon so take your time, I won't be able to make any promises about my activity ://

We can figure something out! Even needing a rare ingredient the other has or something.

*cries some more*
Charlie Jericho
Second Year Gryffindor
Second Year Gryffindor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Teddy R. Lupin on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:09 pm

Aww boooo. I won't have work except some freelance stuff for my dad so I'll be a posting machine.

Definitely. There's tons of options.

ikr -mops tears-
Teddy R. Lupin
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 162
Occupation : Co-Leader of the ORDER l Professor of Curative Magic

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie Jericho on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:14 pm

Alright for some! Crying or Very sad The sooner I get the assignments done the sooner I can post. So we shall seee.

Spoiler:
Charlie Jericho
Second Year Gryffindor
Second Year Gryffindor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne Reynolds on Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:49 pm

Well, whoops. I didn't get the notifications for those tags so I'm only just now seeing this. I don't mind either way. My brain seems hardwired for this new Kit so anything with her is fine for me XD
Adrienne Reynolds
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 2828

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next