A Modern Murder Mystery - Page 2
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

A Modern Murder Mystery  - Page 2 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

A Modern Murder Mystery

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

A Modern Murder Mystery  - Page 2 Empty Re: A Modern Murder Mystery

Post by Teddy R. Lupin Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:23 am

Ooh, I like that. Like I said, I don't want this to get too wrapped up in the politics, because then it gets either too easy or too convoluted (there seems to be no in between with politics) to actually go places, but if it has more to do with Robert's personal knowledge, that could give him reason to at least keep tabs on the situation.

@Khaat Lupin Any thoughts??
Teddy R. Lupin
Teddy R. Lupin
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 265

Back to top Go down

Post by Ella Blair Woods Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:42 am

I'm with you on the politics thing, because I'd like to have a chance to play around with Phillip before he gets in too deep with that sort of stuff. But certainly getting Monroe and Robert involved would just give him further incentive to keep his hands clean and keep Sloane off his tracks. I can also tentatively offer Sim if you'd like someone to keep an eye on Sloane- he's not a fighter by any means but he's a good'un to have watching her back however distantly. If he's in the Order by then, maybe. Or maybe not!
Ella Blair Woods
Ella Blair Woods
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Sloane Ahmadi-Berkowitz Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:58 am

Well! What if Sim is at first sent to help, say that Skyler just knew Sim to be a good guy that would be helpful, and Monroe tells him not to get involved. Sim mentions to Sloane this and now she has reason to investigate Monroe. Sees his name on the will, realizes there's something there.

And by all means, push your own plot. The best plots are the ones where everyone's personal plotting drives it.
Sloane Ahmadi-Berkowitz
Sloane Ahmadi-Berkowitz
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 47

Back to top Go down

Post by Ella Blair Woods Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:15 pm

In that scenario, Sim would totally do the above. Would be interesting to see him have some friction in the workplace, actually, if Monroe had to intervene (Plot-pushing? Whaaat? XP)
Ella Blair Woods
Ella Blair Woods
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 43

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:07 am

@Selwyn Thorfinn--question. is there someone that might be interested in keeping Robert preoccupied enough to not uncover why/how Shylock's magic got contaminated? My thought was that since this is heading a potions direction, Robert already has someone trying to duplicate Robert's style of formulating potions and marketing them as Robert's--which has Robert seriously miffed. He'd like them stopped. Does that do anything to add Robert in a non-political way? It was just a thought.

I would certainly be interested in getting Robert involved for his own personal reasons. Its a dimension I haven't explored much with him. He's usually about his sense of the greater good--family or ministry or some such. Might be interesting to let him go on some sort of a different tangent. Not sure how he'd respond, really. Could be fun.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22298
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:15 am

okay. whatever works best is fine.
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22298
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:02 am

Soooo, so far.

Skyler begins working for Philip.
Philip and Destrey broker a deal re: unicorn blood.
Something about this upsets Skyler.
He attempts to contact someone to blow the lid on the whole operation.
Someone whistle blows.
Phil hires Destrey (or someone else since she's in on the unicorn blood bit) to kill Skyler.
Someone warns Skyler.
He sets up his will, implicated Philip, Destrey, Monroe, other allies of Phil, and whoever might have sold him out.
Enter Sloane.

How's this working so far?

Part of me doesn't want to put myself too much in the know about the tangled web, but I also need to know what clues would have been left.
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top