Welcome to Potter’s Army

Potter’s Army is a roleplaying site that's been up and running since 2007. We pride ourselves on fostering a welcoming and helpful community where all levels of writers are accepted.

In this alternate universe, Lord Voldemort is dead, but so is Harry Potter. Factions continue to fight, Hogwarts educates the next generation of witches and wizards, and the Ministry of Magic does its best to hold everything together.

It is 2030 in the Wizarding World

Help us get new members by voting below

Honeydukes Topsites Top 50 RPGs Top RPG Sites
Word Counter

words: 0

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Graduate
Graduate
Corrine Ross
22 : Alumnus
Death EaterLeaky Cauldron Manager
MugglebornHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Nadia

View user profile

ROSS, Corrine Olivia

on Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:28 am

MAIN
They were the last people you'd expect to be involved in anything strange or mysterious, because they just didn't hold with such nonsense

Character's Legal Name: Corrine Olivia Ross

Hogwarts House: Ilvermorny Graduated

Blood Type:  Muggleborn

Species: Human

Face claim: Lyndsy Fonseca

APPEARANCE
...Aunt Petunia often said that Dudley looked like a baby angel - Harry often said that Dudley looked like a pig in a wig

Corrine is a very beautiful girl, though she sees herself as an ordinary and average.
Long brown hair, blue eyes with a green circle around the pupil which sometimes looks as gold, and bright skin makes her really beautiful.
Although her average height, due to many years of training her body is athletic with prominent curves.
Her clothing is quite ordinary, plain jeans and a T-shirt or a simple dress, if she is at work then long black robe, and always heels. A girl should always wear a matching pair of heels.
With her simple clothes, she probably is not a person who will point out in a crowd, in her case the rule is "less is more, simpler is better".

She has two tattooes very well hidden under her clothes: "Sei sempre nel mio cuore"* on left side on her chest, a little bit over the heart and "Stay close to me" on her nape.

*Italian - You are always in my heart

PERSONALITY
......If only the hat had mentioned a house for people who felt a bit queasy, that would have been the one for him

Corrine was the person you will want to know.
Sometimes she was behaving childish and immature, but these are rare moments.
Most of the time she acted like a mature, but at the same time was fun and spontaneous person.
Corrine is a person who always fights for what she believes in, if she think something is right, will go head through a wall in order to do what she wants.
She's very friendly, adventurous and always ready for new challenges.
When she meet someone she would always try to find the best in that person and probably very soon became a loyal friend for life.
She likes to explore and try new things, often those which are for most people strange and unusual (coffee with firewhiskey for example). She tries to always behave naturally, although it often deviates from what people would expect or want her to be.
She is very independent and always tries to face with her problems alone.
Some parts are in past, because she changed a little bit after she left Louis. She is still good person, but now, she has her bad side too. She became a little bit manipulative, hard to trust te people and always too much carefull.

HISTORY
..................Hey! My eyes aren't 'glistening with the ghosts of my past'!

Early Years: Corrine and her brother grew up in a family of Muggles. They had a happy childhood, filled with love and pleasure.
Although Colin is four years older, he and Corrine have always gotten great relationship, her brother was her best friend and support.
When her brother discovered that he has magic abilities, everyone was surprised. He was different from other children, special.
But when Corrine got abilities, no one was surprised because they expect that to come.
Their parents were very proud, and they taught them to be proud because they are different, they were told that two of them are special and gifted.

Ilvermorny Years: When Corrine got her letter from one of the best school for witches and wizards in the United States, she was very excited.
Each summer her brother was telling her how much he is good there and and showing her great spells which he learned there.
Corrine was always cheerful, gladly accepted in society and a good student, but not great.
Although she is very smart, she rather spent her time having fun with friends than learning.
When she was 15, she realized she is different. Although she had a boyfriend then, she's liked one girl, two years older than Corrine.
Corrine said that to her brother, and he said there was no reason to be ashamed, that's quite all right to be different.
However, this girl was not interested in girls, so Corrine had her first girlfriend in the final year and that girl is her good friend now.
Her parents died in car accident when she was 16 years old and that affected a lot on her. She became a little depressed and concentrated more on school rather than her friends. She used to think she won't be happy again, but she had her brother who was by now old enough and had his life so he took a care of her.

After Ilvermorny: When she graduated from Ilvermorny, her brother simply disappeared. She didn't receive letters from him, no call or visit.
Corrine had tried to find him for a long time but simply failed.
Therefore, she found job as a waitress in one bar. It wasn't a luxury job, but supplied her with enough money to pay her bills and allow her solid life.
For her eighteenth birthday she decided to visit London with her friends.
She fell in love with London immediately. She was just a girl from a small American town, and London was the metropolis. She swore to herself that she will live here once.

While she was in London, she met Blackburn sisters, Imogen and Katrien and with them held a friendship and after she returned to America.
After half a year Imogen called her and told her that she can find her a job in one company. The pay is quite good and Corrine immediately agreed.
Thus began her life in London.

"You were red, and you liked me because I was blue. But you touched me, and suddenly I was a lilac sky. Then you decided purple just wasn't for you"

It was her second day on her new job when she met Louis.
He sat across from her and looked at her but he just didn't want to say anything to her. It was kinda sweet.
She offered him a little firewhiskey which she put in her coffee but he refused. She smiled and asked him his name. After a brief friendship, she simply fell in love with him and they became a couple. They have already lived together when Imogen told Corrine that her brother was a member of the Death Eaters.
Corrine was desperate and for the first time she told Louis about her family and asked him to join them with her in hope they will save her brother. Because she was sure that he is good boy, he just made one bad decision, he probably wants to fix that now. She didn't know that he really wanted to be DE, he was nice to her because she is his little sister but they have different ideals
Shortly after she and Louis joined DE, Corrine found out she was pregnant.
She thought she was sick, and after visiting the doctor, they told her she was pregnant for two and a half months.
Corrine was terrified about it.
"Not now, I can't be pregnant! Don't you understand? This is a mistake!" she was repeating same words over and over again to the doctor but they only apologized to her and said that they did the tests, twice.
Corrine arrived home completely amazed with horror.
This changes everything. She can't endanger the life of her child. Therefore, before she realized what she was doing at all, she took out a large suitcase that was in the store and began to cast her clothes inside.
Louis will hate her. Surely he will hate her.
But this is the only way. If she tell him she is pregnant, he would run away with her. She was affraid that they would kill them both then, even if there was no reason but she was just affraid.
In this way,in her opinion. the child had a chance. If something bad happens to her, her brother will make sure that child meet his father. In addition, if she leaves, Louis will certainly leave DE. It wasn't place for him.
After two hours, all her clothes were in her suitcase and she looked for the last time at the apartment where she wanted to spend her life with Louis.
And then she left.

She moved to a small town in the south of England, and there began a new life.
She couldn't escape from the Death Eaters, there was simply no way, but this was a good compromise, she lived her life with her brother and her child and when the Death Eaters wanted something from her, they to called her. She used to think that her brother wants to stap with that but he just didn't, so he stay member just like her telling he doesn't want to leave her there, they will be in that together.
In the beginning it was difficult, she missed Louis and often wondered if she made a mistake, especially after her son was born.
However, time passed and she never returned to London and one day she met Kevin.
He was very sweet, very good to her and eventually she fell in love with him.
When he knelt on one knee and asked her to marry him, Corrine agreed.
Kevin thinks Jasper's father is dead, and they decided to say to jasper that Kevin is his father, so child will grow up with the love of both parents.
Kevin got a job in London, so the three of them moved here.
At first she was afraid that she will see Louis again but London is a big city, chance for that is very small.
Kevin is a Muggle and despite knowing that Corrine is witch, they decided to live in the Muggle part of the city.

Out of Character
I'm Harry's half-sister, Dumbledore's daughter, Voldemort's niece, Sirius' cousin, Snape's daughter and Lupin's great grandmother...

What should we call you: Nadia

RP Experience: 5+

How you found us: already here

Main Character (we'll PM you on this account): Charlotte Waldorf

OPTIONAL EXTRAS
Let us slip into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure

Personal Information

Nickname/s: Cor (used by Louis), Liv (used by her fiance and new friends

Sexuality:  bisexual

Cultural Information

Favourite food: Vegeterian pizza

Least favourite food: Paprika

Is there anything they can't or don't eat? meat, she is vegeterian

Currently

Secrets: Her biggest secret is that Louis is father of her son because she told everyone that father of her son is dead.

Desires: Her biggest desire is to see her son growing up with both parents. but it doesn't seems possible because she left Louis two years ago, so her desire is to stay with Kevin and find a way to be happy with him.

Other People

Significant Other/s:
Louis Weasley - ex boyfriend, love of her life, 21, halfblood
Kevin Levine - fiance, 25, Muggle

Children: Jasper William Ross, 2, halfblood, 1/16 veela

Biological Mother: Elizabeth Ross (nee Jonas), Muggle, Dead

Biological Father: David Ross, Muggle, Dead

Siblings: Colin Aiden Ross, 25 , Muggleborn

Other Family Members: /

Important Friends:
Imogen Blackburn, 24, halfblood
Katrien Faulkner (nee Blackburn), 30, halfblood

Last edited by Corrine Ross on Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate
Khaat Lupin
40 : Alumnus
NoneDirector
St Mungo's
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Khaat

View user profile

Re: ROSS, Corrine Olivia

on Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:50 pm
i'm just a big confused. i don't understand how her parents died. its not mentioned. and i'm confused about her brother. am i to understand he disappeared when she became adult age in order to join the de's? or was he always a de? what makes her think he needs saving? did she have some sort of information that made her think that his being a member of the de's was not his idea or something? just so you know, the de's aren't interested in members who don't want to be devoted members, so it wouldn't be their thing to try to force him to join against his will. so, yeah, i need to understand.

Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year
Potter's ArmyStudent
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Nadia

View user profile

on Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:40 pm
I thought I wrote how they died because I wrote that to Aaethe on fb but probably forgot to write here *sorry*
They died in a car accident
And about her brother I didn't wrote that because I didn't think it's important because it's his background
But he joined them when he left, and he wanted that but she can't understand that
She is person full of hope and sure her brother just made bad decision, and he wants to fix that
she doesn't know that he really wanted to be DE, he was nice to her because she is his little sister but they have different ideals
I didn't thought that's important but I can add that in app if isn't enought to read here, it's not problem
She thinks he left DE with her forever, but he actually left them only for some time to make her happy because she is pregnant
I guess he joined them now again when she has her own life again
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate
Khaat Lupin
40 : Alumnus
NoneDirector
St Mungo's
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Khaat

View user profile

on Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:44 pm
yeah. those pieces do help a lot if you'd add them, that would be great. that clears things up a lot for me. thanks!

Corrine Ross
22 : Alumnus
Death EaterLeaky Cauldron Manager
MugglebornHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Nadia

View user profile

on Fri Oct 07, 2016 6:50 pm
added Very Happy
Gryffindor Graduate