Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post by Charlotte Waldorf on Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:06 am

School has just started.
it literally just started, but Charlotte is obviously for some reason already in trouble.
This is quite surprising since it she is really good student.
She learns each course on time, regular working tasks and never, ever has not made any problem.

And yet, on the second day after arriving in this freaking school, she got a call from the Deputy Headmaster to come to his office.
In fact, Charlotte did not know where is the principal's office.
She never felt the need to come here, everything had to be ended with Professors. After all, the new director is one of her former professors.

After one of the professor explained to her how to get to the office, she climbed up the stairs along until she reached the big front door and knocked.
When door opened she came in.
"Hello. Um, It's me, Charlotte. You wanted to see me?" she looked at the Headmaster curious to find out why she came here.
Charlotte Waldorf
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 570
Species : Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline.

Post by Selwyn Thorfinn on Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:33 am

Although Charlotte Waldorf seemed to be trying not to be noticed, it was this very trait that made her noticeable. She didn't have many friends (did she have any friends at all? He didn't know), she was often by herself, she didn't even seem to talk to many people.

Selwyn didn't like it. Oh, he had no problem with her being a lone wolf, so to speak, but that kind of behaviour could mean all sorts of other things as well.

"Yes," he smiled, hoping to put her at ease. "Take a seat."

Usually, when Selwyn said that, he meant it as a command, but speaking to Charlotte, he tried to be nicer about it. Like she didn't have to sit down if she didn't want to. It didn't come naturally to him.

"I know you've only been back a little while but how's it been so far?" he asked.
Selwyn Thorfinn
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 2862
Species : Part Veela

View user profile https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Waldorf on Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:28 pm

Speaking about her life, Charlotte was in quite strange situations, but this one was certainly one of the strangest.
She must have done something wrong, otherwise she wouldn't be here now.
But the professor looked kindly. Too kindly in her opinion.
As if he wants to make sure she feels comfortable.
Why? If there is something wrong he should be screaming or have horns on his head or something like that, in this world everything is possible.

She nodded and then sat down a little bit confused.
"Thank you."

She looked at him when she heard the question and slightly frowned.
"Um, everything is all right?" she said uncertainly, because she didn't know what should respond.
In the end, her curiosity won and, perhaps even if that may be rude, she tried to come to the point.
"Did I do something wrong? I assumed that is the only reason why you would call me here two days after school started." She looked at him as she waited for an answer.
Charlotte Waldorf
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Selwyn Thorfinn on Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:24 am

"You haven't done anything wrong that I know of," Selwyn replied, taking his own seat. †

"As to whether everything is all right, only you can answer that."

He winced as the words left his mouth. †He sounded like he was threatening her.

"Is everything all right?" he asked. †"You know you can come to any of the professors at any time if there's something you need to let an adult know about."

And he knew how unlikely that was, too. †At sixteen, Charlotte probably thought she already was an adult.
Selwyn Thorfinn
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Waldorf on Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:26 pm

Charlotte looked at him like if he is an alien or something like that. What the hell is happening here?
She could just stare at him and wonder why he asked her to come here today when it seems that everything is alright.

She frowned for a second when she heard his sentence; it sounded... Very weird?

"Yes. Everything is perfectly fine, thank you for asking" Charlotte said looking at him.

His next words... It almost made her chuckle, but she succeeded to stay serious. I mean, he just said to her that she could speak with adults? And what is she if she isn't the adult? Maybe child?

"Yes, I know that. But everything is fine. Did you see or heard something that will make you think something is wrong?"
Charlotte Waldorf
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Selwyn Thorfinn on Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:16 pm

Selwyn leaned his elbows on the desk. He knew that look. It was the "everything's fine with me, now please stop asking uncomfortable questions" look. He'd seen it a lot lately.

Of course, it could be genuine, Selwyn reflected. It would be quite weird to be called to the Deputy Headmaster's office if there really was nothing wrong. But he trusted his instincts when it came to things like this.

"Some of us on the staff have just noticed that you don't seem to interact with the other students very often, Charlotte," Selwyn replied. "We were concerned that they might have been bullying you. You know that's against the rules, don't you?"

Against the rules was pushing it. Selwyn was pretty sure some of his behaviour when he'd been at Hogwarts could have been classified as bullying. Indeed, he was of the opinion that bullying in moderation taught children resilience. But the kind that would cause a person to avoid contact with other students all together? That was something else.
Selwyn Thorfinn
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Waldorf on Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:17 pm

Redhead kept looking at professor Thorfinn.
This was odd, and the thing which scared Charlotte more than anything was the fact that as far as Charlotte knows, Selwyn isn't one of those professors who would invite a student to come if there wasn't any problem.
So she was just sitting there and waiting for him to finally tell why she is really here.

And then, when he finally did that, she thought she would die laughing. Bullying? Her? Selwyn must be joking.
Charlotte doesn't know how, but she succeeded to keep straight face and then she finally spoke.

"No. Why would you think something like that? I mean, I know I don't have friends here, but I didn't have them even in the first year. Why should you start talking about that after five years?" she looked at him questionably.

"I just don't like people here. I don't like magic or anything with this world but still, my parents force me to come here every year. And since I'm not an adult yet, I need to do what they want me to do" she shrugged.
Charlotte Waldorf
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top