You don't understand and I can't explain
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

You don't understand and I can't explain Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

You don't understand and I can't explain

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

You don't understand and I can't explain Empty You don't understand and I can't explain

Post by Charlotte Waldorf Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:41 am

Just another day to do, well nothing at all.
These days all was about that kids on the train and finding a way to help them even if no one know where they actually are - they are just somewhere and no one seems to be able to help them.
Charlotte would help them even if they are freaks, she really would but she just doesn't know how.
Everywhere everyone was just shocked and they panic a lot.

She would lie if she told that she didn't try to ask people if she can help somehow.
But when you keep distance from everyone for six years, you become kinda invisible-
That never bothered Charlotte at all, she doesn't want friends here, but it can be really annoying in situations like this.

So she was just keep walking without any idea where she want to go, she just want to be as far away as possible from everyone. And now here she is in Diagon Alley, trying to find any place that isn't occupied with all this annoying witches and wizards.

She saw one boy, maybe from her school? She could swear she saw him at school corridors. Well, maybe he know where she can go.
"Excuse me" she said politely to Christian because even if they are all freaks, they are still some kind of humans so she will be polite because her parents taught her to always be nice.
"Do you know some place where I could go to be.. I don't know, far away from this crowd?" she was looking at him waiting for answer.
Charlotte Waldorf
Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 712

Back to top Go down

You don't understand and I can't explain Empty Re: You don't understand and I can't explain

Post by Christian Zabini Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:53 pm

Christian was on his way to lunch when he was stopped by one of his classmates, surprising him hugely. He halted, turning towards her and lifting his eyebrows. She was in his year, so he knew her from classes. Charlotte. The loner one. He had always been fairly curious, but then the rumors had started about how Charlotte thought they all were weird or whatever the word had been.

Still, her request was so strange and her presence in Diagon Alley was so befuddling that he couldn't resist. Not to mention the fact that he was so open to helping whoever he could. But.. she couldn't have been on the train. Because she was here, asking for help. Merlin, Ace would be thrilled they'd found another student.

"Um- I-- Yeah, sure. I was about to grab something to eat if you're hungry? If not, we can go through the Leaky and get you out to Muggle London," he suggested, thinking that maybe she had a fear of crowds or was claustrophobic. If nothing else, he could get her somewhere that she felt more comfortable before asking if she knew anything or if she would be willing to help.
Christian Zabini
Christian Zabini
Fifth Year Hufflepuff
Fifth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 231

Back to top Go down

You don't understand and I can't explain Empty Re: You don't understand and I can't explain

Post by Charlotte Waldorf Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:09 pm

She kept looking at the boy who was.. maybe sixth year like her? She couldn't be sure and to be honest, she wasn't curious enough to ask him.
He seemed to be surprised because of something. Maybe because she actualy asked him something? People used to react on that way when she say something to them, which was like, once in a billion years.

"Well.." she said just to remind him that she was still waiting for answer. This crowd started bothering her and he was looking as if he could just stand there for an hour probably thinking about fact that she actualy said something to him.
Hogwarts is small school.
Well, not really small but everyone know everything about other students.
He probably know what she thinks about other peple here and she continue breatjing again when he answered to her.
She didn't even know that she was keeping her breathe. She was just afraid that he wouldn't help her, it's not like if she deserve help from others here.

"Wait a second, what you just said?"
Muggle London.
She was so happy to hear that she was actualy fighting with idea to hug him.
I mean, seriously, say to girl like Charlotte that you could take her to normal world, and she would be absolutely thrilled.
"You can show me how to get to Muggle London?" Charlotte was probably the only sixth year student who don't know way by herself, but she quite doesn't like to be here so she doesn't know where is everything here.
"Please, show me the way and then you can go eat or whatever you want, I won't bother you." this is her way to say him to back off. She needs help right now, but once when she come to London, she won't need his help or even worse, company.
Charlotte Waldorf
Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Zabini Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:04 am

Charlotte's shock was baffling to the Hufflepuff, who lifted his eyebrows at the flash of excitement in her eyes. He wasn't sure he had ever seen her look so thrilled about anything at all, so this was both a novelty and an oddity at once. Still, she looked so happy about it that he didn't feel comfortable asking questions. That seemed unfair when she was clearly uncomfortable.

"Yes, of course," Christian replied, nodding and turning towards the Leaky Cauldron and gesturing for her to join him. "If we go this way it'll drop us out on a street in the middle of Muggle London, so that's probably good, right?"

He turned his head to look at her as they walked, and curiosity got the better of him.

"Have you heard about what happened to the other kids who took the train? How completely mental." He frowned deeply, concern pulling his eyebrows together. "I can't imagine how upset the parents must be. But apparently the Ministry and some others looking for them and haven't found anything yet."

He was hedging, obviously. He knew who was looking and how they were doing it. He and Ace had been paying more attention than, potentially, some of the parents themselves. That was obviously quite a big assumption, but with Ace being the person she was, he almost believed it. Any information he could get would be helpful, and although he doubted that Charlotte really had been attentive or knew much. But she could maybe help if he could get in her head before they made it through the Leaky.

So, although he should've been hurrying to help her, he walked at an almost lazy pace instead.
Christian Zabini
Christian Zabini
Fifth Year Hufflepuff
Fifth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Waldorf Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:01 am

Charlotte was really excited about idea to go to home finally.
She wasn't even sure what is she doing here, and more than anything, why she agreed to come to buy some things for her mother.
Her parents still think, if she spend as much as possible time here, she will find a way to realize that magic world is cool, great and whatever, they use many words to describe this place as awesome.
She wasn't even sure how she came here at all. Her mother gave her some kind of ash and she entered in the fireplace (how weird) and told 'Diagon Alley' and then she was here.
It's obviously that she isn't for this place in her short yellow dress, high heels and the most important thing - without her wand.
She find it useless to bring that piece of wood with her.

She came after him looking right in front of her, impatient to come out of this weird place. Everyone here look just too much happy and friendly, like if everyone know each other.
She heard his question and then looked at him for only one second before answering "Sure, that would be great. Thank you, you literally saved me"

Then he asked something again and she stoped pretending to want to fix her hair even if nothing was wrong with her hairstyle. What? She asked him for help and now he wants them to have a little chat and maybe even become a friends? Yes, that is not going to happen, even in the alternative universe. They are too different and she wants things to stay the same.
"Yeah, I heard about that" she said and then started walking again.
Anyway, he coninued taling and it was kinda rude to ignore him even if she wants that. After all, he is one who is helping her, not conversely.

"My parents are so upset about that. They even thinking about idea to not give me to go back to that school again. They think it isn't safe after all of this." The truth is that Charlotte was the one who sugested them to think about that that Hogwarts isn't safe and the best place for her and now, thanks to God, they are really thinking about her words.

The thing is that Charlotte really feel sorry for that kids, after all, they are just kids.
Maybe some of them didn't want to come here just like her, but they parents didn't want to listen them.
She wanted them to come back safe and sound, she couldn't even imagine to be on their place, alone and missed somewhere, without a way to come back to home.
Boy was walking slower than a snail and it was really annoying but she didn't say anything about that.
Charlotte Waldorf
Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Zabini Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:32 pm

Christian wasn't surprised when she seemed disinterested, but he was slightly disappointed. If he was looking for help, perhaps she wasn't the person to ask. He really should've known better, he figured, but still. A guy like Christian always wanted a reason to hope. Still, he could feel his temptation to tell her how unfortunate it was that she seemed unlikely to help.

"I can't say I blame them. But they can't seriously believe that the staff and the Ministry will let Hogwarts go without better wards. It's not like something like this will be allowed to happen ever again, is it?" He asked, looking over at her as they walked.

Christian heaved a sigh rather dramatically, trying to express his frown in an action rather than on his face. "It's a shame that nobody our age seems to care what's happened. That could've been us, couldn't it? And we're just running around Diagon Alley instead of helping. Well, most of us are anyway."

At that, he shrugged, considering turning a corner just to make the walk take longer. She'd probably figure it out, though, and then get mad at him. So he just kept on down the high street. "You remember Ace Longbottom, from school? She's been talking to me about getting students together like we might have during the school year. To help, that is. We haven't found many people that didn't disappear on that train, though. So you could say it's not going very well."
Christian Zabini
Christian Zabini
Fifth Year Hufflepuff
Fifth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Waldorf Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:12 pm

For a moment she was thinking about the answer to his question.
Is it really true that this kind of thing will not happen again? She shrugged before replied, but she didn't even for a moment look at him.
"I'm not sure. Bad things have happened before and something like this will happen again. People, even witches and wizards, are not capable to control everything. There will always be a failure that will be sufficient to bad people to do bad things. It is always like that"she continued walking, now really tired because of her high heels. These shoes were not made for long walks.

When she heard his next words she stopped and then sighed deeply and counted to three in order to try to calm down. They are located in a public place and for the first time in her life she wished she has her wand. Because if she has now she would be able to put a curse on him.
Thus, without a means by which she could hurt him, Charlotte struggled with the idea that just punch him although it would not hurt much, but it would be pathetic and caused unnecessary attention.
However, she could not prevent redness which stretched on her face because of anger.
"You know, you could simply point the finger at me and anyway it would be less obvious than your words. I was actually trying to help. You know what they have done? Ignoring" she looked at him before she continued.

"From the school they all ignored me, probably I deserve that because for six years I ignored these freaks. But I thought, okay, I'll ask adults. Everyone, even my parents have told me that I am only a child and I need to let adults to fix this problem. Therefore, don't blame me because I could not help" she ended her little monologue and then in frustration removed a strand of hair from the face and continued to walk ahead of him, although she didn't know where to go.

Charlotte resolutely ignored his next words about a girl and just walked right.
However, after a while she felt like she is going to knock down.
When he explained her where they need to go, it looked a lot closer.
"Are you sure this is the right way? It takes too long and my legs hurt me, walking in these shoes is not easy" she murmured, even though she was not sure if he even heard.
Maybe he doesn't know the way but was just teasing her so he could leave her somewhere in this terrible place and then laugh with friends because he left freak girl to find way to go home by herself.
Charlotte Waldorf
Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Zabini Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:04 pm

"Well, that's true," he conceded, "but now people at Hogwarts will be on high alert. They'll put up stronger wards, have more security measures. It would be laughable if they decided to tell the students to take the train back there. If they even recover the train cars. So I get it, but I'm also not going to throw away my education because of it."

All he could do when she flew off the handle was stare at her, not half because he didn't have a clue what she was talking about until halfway through. He didn't say anything until she tried to change the subject, and that was when he stopped walking. It would probably make her angrier, but he wasn't sure he cared.

"Are you mad? First off, I was speaking generally. Yes, I was hoping that you'd decide to talk about the problem, but you're the one that sought me out, not the other way around." Merlin, he felt so like Apollo just then that it almost scared him. Then again, Ace expected him to be a leader. He couldn't do that if he refused to stand up for himself or for what was important. "Second, what, exactly, have you done to try and help? Without magic, we can't do anything, right? That's why Ace and I have been trying to round up people. The PA is dying and it's time we saved it. But don't worry, I wouldn't dare suggest that you help us."

He scoffed, shaking his head. Still, he couldn't be fully awful to her after he had agreed to help.

"Just keep walking that way," he pointed with one hand, "until you reach the Leaky. Go out the front door and you'll be in Muggle London."

With that, he shot her one last frown before turning away with every intention to go back to the shop.
Christian Zabini
Christian Zabini
Fifth Year Hufflepuff
Fifth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Waldorf Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:11 am

"Yes, you are probably the one who unlike me care about education here" she said, so softly that she was sure he had not heard. Maybe he did, but who cares?
If her parents decide that they don't need to send her back here, it would probably be a realization of all her dreams.
Otherwise, she will have to endure another two years at this awful place.

She listened to his words, but she felt as if she is in a bad movie. Very very bad movie.
With a lot of negative criticism.
She was as an observer, for a moment she could even imagine that all this is happening to someone else.
What did she do to try to help?
"What could I do? If you have not noticed, I am an outsider here, but I'm not so ingenious that can do something alone. Would yoube able to save the train without the help of your friends? No, probably you willnot succeed is this way too, but you have people who support you. That is difference, I was just dismissed as someone who cannot help"she said coldly.

Don't worry, I wouldn't dare suggest that you help us.

Don't worry, I wouldnt dare suggest that you help us.

Don't worry, I wouldn't dare suggest that you help us.

These words continued ringing in her head long time after she heard them so although she was struggling with the need not to hit him just few minutes ago, now she is struggling just not to cry.
She literally tried to force her tear ducts to stop producing the liquid of shame that threatened to break out on her face.

"At the moment, after these words you prove that you're not better than any other who I've tried to ask if I can help somehow" she said coldly and then continued to talk, even when he showed her direction and turned obviously ready to leave her here.
Well, okay, he can go but she will make an effort that he hears everything she wants to say.
"I'm not bad, heartless person. I want these children to be safe in their homes. And you? Obviously you don't want the same because you're just getting ready to leave the person wo can probably help. Christian, we have the same classes, I bother false modesty, you know I'm smart "

Christian? Well, where did that come from? It looks like she knows his name after all. This knowledge was shocked more than all his words.
"And you're just getting ready to leave because of your prejudice that I am a bad person, who will not want to help. Well, congratulations, smart decision." she smiled coldly and then wiped her face because she didn't want to allow him to see her hurt and crying.
Charlotte Waldorf
Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian Zabini Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:09 am

Christian stopped dead in his tracks when she said that the only solution to his frustration was the fact that he was prejudiced. How absolutely naive. Perhaps she couldn't help it, but he became immediately and irrationally furious, where before he'd been offended and disappointed more than anything. He was still offended, obviously, but she had struck a nerve that Christian himself hadn't actually realized he could be so hurt by.

Spinning around to face her, his expression was one of poorly concealed rage. It was probably the most genuine that he had ever been with her, and when he began speaking, his tone was eerily calm.

"This may shock you, Charlotte, but I've never thought you were a bad person. I get being afraid. I seriously do. I get feeling like the world doesn't have a place for you yet. That it may not ever make one. The fact that you so quickly decide that people dislike you is very telling, though. The fact that you lash out at me for something that wasn't meant to be offensive is seriously problematic. Do you not think that this is part of what sets you apart from other people?"

He paused, shaking his head and trying to explain himself. "I said I wouldn't ask you because it became clear to me through your reaction that he disliked the idea of working with us. I'm not going to keep fighting with you, even if that's what you're after. There's no point. There are more important things in the world than how you think I perceive you, even if right now it feels massively worrying on your end.

"I've never disliked you, Charlotte. Being a Ravenclaw means that you must be quite intelligent and rationally-minded, but the way you react when you imagine yourself to be threatened is part of what keeps you away from others, isn't it? Perhaps if you trusted that people could be good, sometimes, that wouldn't be an issue. I have never been prejudiced towards anyone, and somebody who's gone to school with me for so long should know better."
Christian Zabini
Christian Zabini
Fifth Year Hufflepuff
Fifth Year Hufflepuff

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top