Just let me try a thing

Just let me try a thing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just let me try a thing

Post by Selwyn Thorfinn on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:42 am

Infos

K, so I usually work better with a limited number of characters active at any one time, which is how I'm gonna set this up.  I'll @ tag my characters so you can hover over their names or click the link to find out more about them.

I am also planing / writing a novel right now, so I'm not quite as active as usual.

Active

Right now, Selwyn is home from Hogwarts.  I have no idea exactly what he's doing, but it's probably hanging out with Shylock and babysitting Christian.

@Adrienne Reynolds is staying at his place and Selwyn is staying at Shylock's because that's where this is at right now...

I'm thinking someone might want to come chastise him for not taking more interest in the whole Ilvermorny thing, since he's the Head of Slytherin.

Personal Goal:  Work out this thing with Addie.

Just got out of hospital.  Tryna be a good boy.

I really want to expand his social circle.

Personal Goal: 1. stop Selwyn worrying, 2. return to dancing

Currently helping out Robert Lupin with a potion.  He works as an unspeakable, if anyone wants to know him from the Ministry, and he's part of the Order as well.   I want to get him involved in that stuff.

Personal Goal: stop having intrusive thoughts (like that'll happen)

He's head of the department of magical catastrophes (or whatever it's called) so he should probably be more involved in this Ilvermorny plot.  I'll get round to him.  

I suspect he's going to be looking for a wife and child, or preferably a wife who already has a child, sometime soon.

He's also a werewolf rights activist (@Lily Luna Potter)

Personal Goal: Open (aka. fund) a werewolf clinic in Diagon Alley

Got transported to Ilvermorny, she'll soon be advocating for people to use dark arts to help protect themselves.  Another one I have to get round to writing with.

Also at Ilvermorny.  Protecting @Andrew Diamond from his fangirl.

Ilvermorny's Deputy Head, he's the cause of a lot of the chaos there.  He also has a couple of screws loose.  He's open to character death so run it by me if you want to kill him off (or if you want him to kill someone off).

Semi-active

These charries are ones I'm not specifically concentrating on right now.  I'll just bring them out when they're needed or if you need a background character for a plot, I could do that for you.

He's living with Selwyn over the holidays before he goes to Hogwarts.

She rents a room somewhere in Diagon Alley.

Also helping Lupin with a potion.  And generally being a healer.  If you end up in a plot with Terry, he could turn up.

Transported to Ilvermorny.  She could be useful, just contact me if you have an idea for her.

He might get moved.  He's part of the Order but they're managing fine without him right now.

Transported to Ilvermorny & she'll probably get pretty sick if she stays there too long.  But again, not concentrating on her right now.

Transported to Ilvermorny

Has a thread with Gilbert Prichard.  

portkeyed home, currently in Diagon Alley

Being an auror.

Last edited by Selwyn Thorfinn on Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Selwyn Thorfinn
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 2908
Species : Part Veela

View user profile https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

Back to top Go down

Re: Just let me try a thing

Post by Jack Dyllan on Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:52 am

I'd love for Shylock to attempt to push past Lily's barriers. She's more open to it now than ever.

Also looking forward to your ideas re: LilyxMonroe.

Molly's a pretty crap sister, but she would like to make sure Lucy makes it out alive. Whether or not we need to actually play that out is here or there.

I have lots of other little ideas, but I'm pretty swamped thread-wise so I'm not sure how useful it would be to suggest a ton of threads I may fall behind in. These are my own characters I'm hoping to get more active.
Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10183
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's
Year : Grad
Species : Human

View user profile https://youroneactsucks.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne Reynolds on Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:00 am

Re: Adrienne. I'm honestly not sure where they are because she's probably still living with him if he's cool with it - or moved back in if she left, I dunno?

But she'll definitely want to bring up the Kaiden not remembering stuff thing, because it's got her losing her mind a bit, so that's not ideal. lol

Open to pretty much whatever with her, though.

Spoiler:

Plotting
Adrienne Reynolds
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 2828

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Selwyn Thorfinn on Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:15 am

@Jack Dyllan
You can godmod Lucy a bit if you like. She just had her blood replenished, so she should be good for a while but if they stay there too long she'll start getting listless and fatigued.

I think I'll start with Lily & Shylock before Monroe complicates matters.

@Adrienne Reynolds
I think he wouldn't ask her to leave, but he'd be super uncomfortable staying there himself after what happened. He's probably staying with Shylock right now.

Which would actually be hilarious if Christian is there as well and Shylock's got plans RE Lily.
Selwyn Thorfinn
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne Reynolds on Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:20 am

I mean, she wouldn't want to be there if he weren't there. But I also don't know where she would go.

I do feel obligated to mention that Lily is in a relationship with Apollo now. So, if he's planning on something that would be a problem with your Christian around, that probably won't go over well. At least, it sounds like it's something that wouldn't actually happen. That wouldn't necessarily mean the thread couldn't be hilarious, though. I just thought I should mention it so it isn't a surprise later.

Spoiler:

Plotting
Adrienne Reynolds
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Selwyn Thorfinn on Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:44 am

Yeah that's why Selwyn would move out, so she'd have space to decide. He's not running from her, exactly, more trying to respect that whole traditional dating idea.

And I know about Apollo and Lily. I was more thinking that Shylock knows Lily "took too many drugs" and that's not something he'd want to chat about where an eleven year old could overhear.
Selwyn Thorfinn
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrienne Reynolds on Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:45 am

That makes sense. If we want to go with that, I'm cool with it.

And no worries, then. I just knew you'd been busy so I thought I should bring it up. Smile

Spoiler:

Plotting
Adrienne Reynolds
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Margo P. Richards on Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:52 am

All sounds good to me!
Margo P. Richards
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 79

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Selwyn Thorfinn on Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:15 pm

NEWS

I'm writing an actual thing.  So if you're in a thread with me please reply here (unless you're lily or gilbert)
Selwyn Thorfinn
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top