Welcome to Potter’s Army

Potter’s Army is a roleplaying site that's been up and running since 2007. We pride ourselves on fostering a welcoming and helpful community where all levels of writers are accepted.

In this alternate universe, Lord Voldemort is dead, but so is Harry Potter. Factions continue to fight, Hogwarts educates the next generation of witches and wizards, and the Ministry of Magic does its best to hold everything together.

It is 2030 in the Wizarding World

Help us get new members by voting below

Honeydukes Topsites Top 50 RPGs Top RPG Sites
Word Counter

words: 0

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Luxanna Hale
Sixth Year
NoneStudent
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Keiu

View user profile

HALE, Luxanna Gwendolyn

on Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:27 pm

LUXANNA GWENDOLYN HALE
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

NICKNAMES/ALIAS: Lux or Gwen, both work, however only her mother is allowed to call her by her full name.

ALLEGIANCE: Neutral

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw

WAND: 11½“, hawthorn, phoenix feather, quite supple

PLAY BY: Elle Fanning

APPEARANCE

GENERAL APPEARANCE: The most striking thing about Luxanna is probably the set of emerald eyes that have a small hint of hazel around the pupils. Her eyes have a gleam of fascination in them as she looks around, studying the world around her and memorizing every aspect of her surroundings.
Blessed with blonde hair that resembles a waterfall during the sunset as it falls in its natural wavy way up to her lower back, it is needless to say that the petite young lady is relatively proud of her locks and as of that, she never keeps them restricted anyhow.
Her lips are naturally rosy and her cheeks are adorned with several light brown freckles, but as she is the only one in her family with those, Gwen often covers them with concealer.
Generally Luxanna does not have a style of any sorts that she follows, however, she is quite fond of darker colors as with them she can bring out her relatively pale complection, thus seeing her in long dark dresses and even corsets should not surprise anyone, however she does not limit herself with only black and during brighter days (especially in summer or spring) she can be seen in more colorful clothes (more specifically dresses as she is more fond of those).
In general, she wears stockings and low heeled shoes to make herself look a bit taller (she stands 5ft 5 inches) and her hair is quite often pushed up with many expensive hair products.

PERSONALITY

TRAITS:
Positive
+ patient
+ loyal
+ smart
+ respecting
+ intelligent
+ tactical
+ strategical
+ positive in many situations

Negative
- lacks the ability to calculate properly
- naive
- hopeless romantic
- easily to manipulate with despite having the ability to predict the steps of her opponents
- relies on her friends and family far too much
- her moods can be affected by weather
- is obsessed with order (more specifically with everything being clean and proper) to an extent where it can be viewed as a serious obsession (she just likes when things are aligned and stay according to her design/view)
- forgives way too easily (what ever you do to her, if apologized to nicely, Luxanna forgives those who have done anything bad to her)
- too positive for her own good

LIKES & DISLIKES:
Likes: candy (lots of it), fashion, make up, cats, dogs, manicure, books, knowledge, smell of nature after the rain, smell of freshly cut grass, sun, scented candles, food (everything in general, however she restricts herself around fast food [only pizza is seen as something that can be eaten at any time in any place]), order, purity, light, warmth, summer, spring
Dislikes: betrayal, disorder, water (she is actually afraid of the deep waters and due to that fear she does not know how to swim), any kinds of illnesses (she falls sick very easy), medicine  (more or less the taste and the smell of the healing potions), cold.

GOAL: Currently her wish is to become a fashion designer and combine both muggle and wizard’s fashion together to create something more interesting (and perhaps even bizarre), but what would suit all of her customers. Or, if that plan fails, she’d wish to become a writer.

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER: Gregory Hale – a 43 year old actor who has made his debut several years ago on a sitcom show which aired in the States. After twenty years of active acting, a man hailing from Russia decided to dedicate his time to his family instead and after the birth of his one and only daughter, he abandoned his acting career and became a writer instead.
He is loyal and very dedicated, especially when it comes to his family, and although he decided to quit acting years ago, he has made several guest appearances on many TV shows and even movies. Although only Luxanna knows this, Gregory plans on returning to the big screen once Gwendolyn graduates Hogwarts and is able to live without the attention of her parent.
Gregory is a muggle born in Wales, but when he was five, his family moved to London.

MOTHER: Katarina Chanel Rod – 40 year old model and, like her husband, her roots belong to Russia as well, however her own family has lived in the United Kingdom for over a century. As a teenager, she was personally picked by a model agency (which, although unknown to Katarina, was heavily influenced by her own mother  - Jelizaveta Rod – who beforehand had been modelling for them as well) after which the young girl spent years upon years competing against other models such as herself before she successfully became one of the most popular and preferred faces on the magazines. She became internationally known after she was cast in a Sci-Fi movie in which she landed the main role alongside Gregory Hale with whom they became best friends. Five years later it was not much of a surprise for her to receive a marriage proposal of a man who had been there for her during her highs and lows (however it was a bit odd considering they never even entered a ’dating phase’). Regardless, Katarina said ’Yes’ and the marriage was held in Mallorca, an island which both adored for its nature and climate.
After giving birth to Luxanna, Katarina was more than eager to deliver another baby to this world, however her second child was stillborn. After that it became clear that she could not give birth to any children.
Katarina studied at Hogwarts as a honors student. She was a Ravenclaw. Currently she is still modelling and acting.

SIBLING/S: stillborn brother Caleb Adam Hale.

OTHER: Grandparents Willow and Samael Hale.

SOCIAL STATUS: Wealthy

CHARACTER HISTORY

EARLY YEARS: Her name, Luxanna, comes from the latin word ’Lux’ which means ’light’. Both of the parents came to the idea of this name when they saw their little girl for the first time. She was born with pale skin, bright green eyes and a bright yellow hair which reminded them sunrays.
As the only child, the little girl was restricted to nothing and she got what ever she wished and at first she loved it, thus, before turning nine, she was quite spoiled and with her strategical mindset, she could manipulate her parents into doing things she wanted to. However, as she was raised by father and Katarina was rarely at home, Luxanna became suddenly aware of her own surroundings and the absence of the mother figure in her life. Although she could keep an eye on her mother via different commercials and interviews she constantly kept looking up, it wasn’t exactly filling the void in her chest. It went as far as she became obsessed with the idea of having mother that she started following the teachers in her kinderkarten and even school, thus becoming isolated from other children.
Despite being naturally smart and with a need to gain knowledge, she had development problems up until she finished her second grade.
Her magical abilities appeared suddenly. As Luxanna spent many nights awake, simply watching television or playing with her dolls, she suddenly discovered that items around her would start flying. As she was a rather lonely child, she at first thought it was simply her imagination – after all – she spoke to her dolls and sometimes she ’heard’ them reply to her, however, as this became more and more frequent, Luxanna told her father of it as well.
Gregory, while only a muggle, was aware of his wive’s abilities and her history, and thus he did not panic but instead he contacted Katarina and the woman returned home from the movie set, bringing along her parents who also had magical abilities. Once in a family circle, Luxanna felt happy and yet challenged as she saw this as a test of her worth, even if it truly was not as she feared. Regardless, with her anxiety, the items began flying once more, some eventually landing and breaking, some remaining as they were before levitating.
After that display, her grandparents decided that they would be the ones to tell Luxanna of the magical world and the different schools magic was taught at. As they lived in the United Kingdom, it was almost guaranteed that she’d go to Hogwarts, although school in Russia and even in the United States were also considered. Katarina, however, had to return to her work eventually, thus leaving little girl alone again. This time, though, she had a lot more learning to do and as she was given plenty of books and more knowledge, Luxanna spent days after days reading.
Her father, however, never left the side of his little daughter and even though he was unable to cast any spells, he dedicated his free time studying and learning more and more of the world his wife was in and the one Luxanna was about to enter.

HOGWARTS YEARS: In all honesty, nobody was surprised when Luxanna received a letter from Hogwarts that invited the young girl to study there, and after a long and devastating arguments about which school was better and should the family relocate in order for Luxanna to pursue her studies in a magical school, they chose not to as she was still young and moving to another country would probably have it’s toll on her. They did not need Gwendolyn to stress out any more as she was already quite sad for not seeing her mother as often as she’d love. However, as this school was a place where Katarina had studied in the past, Luxanna felt a small connection to her mother, and therefore she rushed to Hogwarts with a relatively high expectations and good mood.
The world she entered was nothing of sorts she had read of. Although her grandparents had tried to prepare her for it, Luxanna had to admit that the things she saw and experienced were far more greather than she had expected. Magic was amazing and she was more than happy to participate in the classes. Although she still had difficulties communicating with other students, she eventually surpassed her fear and befriended several students both her age and younger/older.

In Hogwarts Luxanna oddly changed from her ’spoiled child’ into someone more naive and positive. She no longer expected people to do things that she wanted but instead acted on her own. Despite seeing what the world and people could be like, she developed a belief that ’everyone has good in them’, thus making her a good hearted and a kind person who forgives everyone, despite their actions and positions towards her.
Also as a person who has the best of both worlds (muggle and magical), she has developed a good way to conceal her magical ability and the constant absence from the muggles and the media (although she occasionally gives some interviews and poses as a model with her mother). Her disappearance is simply pushed upon the studies in another country.

ADULTHOOD: She is sixteen, guess that does not count as an adult just yet.

OUT OF CHARACTER

ALSO KNOWN AS: Ophelia, changed to Keiu

RP EXPERIENCE: years and years

HOW YOU FOUND US: I don’t even remember anymore, sorry guys.

MAIN CHARACTER: It was Ophelia Claire Rosewille, but as I lost the mood for my little Ravenclaw, I decided to make a new one. I assume you don’t want me to write an example RP paragraph as I’ve actually done some roleplaying with my first character already.

Last edited by Luxanna Gwendolyn Hale on Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Selwyn Thorfinn
23 : Alumnus
NoneDeputy Headmaster
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profilehttps://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

Re: HALE, Luxanna Gwendolyn

on Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:04 pm
hi Keiu, great to see you back.

Just a few little things to check before I can sort her.

With her negative traits, you say her moods can be affected by the weather and she's obsessed with order. I need to clarify, are you referring to seasonal affective disorder & OCD there?

Also, nine is pretty late to develop magical tendencies. In the books, Neville's family were already anxious that he wasn't showing obvious signs of magic sooner. And most children can't control their accidental magic. That's why they go to Hogwarts.

You should also remove the part about her being chased by the paparazzi because of her parents. There are laws being enacted in many countries to prevent celebrities' children being harassed and it's reasonable to assume Luxanna would never have had to deal with that.
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Luxanna Hale
Sixth Year
NoneStudent
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Keiu

View user profile

on Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:18 pm
Mm, I did not think of any of those disorders when I decribed her negative traits to be honest with you, but as you brought it up, I think she might have a mild OCD, although not necessarily, but I do not think it is seasonal affective disorder, what I meant (more or less) is that she can get very energetic when the sun is shining or sleepy when there is a thunderstorm (an actual example of my own experience as, when we have storms here, I become very sleepy and can easily nap/sleep the whole day without a problem).

I edited the app. Thank you for your feedback and tell me what else needs changing Smile
Good to be back.
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Selwyn Thorfinn
23 : Alumnus
NoneDeputy Headmaster
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profilehttps://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:52 pm
Okay that's fine. A lot of people have obsessive traits, and obviously everyone is affected by the weather in some way, but we need to know when someone's trying to hint at something more.

She looks good to go. I think she will make a good Hufflepuff.
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Luxanna Hale
Sixth Year
NoneStudent
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Keiu

View user profile

on Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:57 pm