Drinks at the Leaky Cauldron
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Drinks at the Leaky Cauldron Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Drinks at the Leaky Cauldron

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Drinks at the Leaky Cauldron Empty Drinks at the Leaky Cauldron

Post by Eva Bright Sun Jul 31, 2016 10:46 am

Eva walked into the Leaky Cauldron and sat down at the bar. She was wearing a dark red blouse and dark blue jeans with a light makeup. She was wearing comfortable shoes because though she felt young she was 40 years old. She could not know what to order so she waved down a bartender to get his or her attention but to no avail. She was getting flustered but she did not show it. She sat there waiting patiently.

Eva waited and waited but then she asked, “Excuse me, sir do you know what is good here. I do not usually eat out so I am not really sure what to choose.”
Eva Bright
Eva Bright
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Drinks at the Leaky Cauldron Empty Re: Drinks at the Leaky Cauldron

Post by Gabriel J. Short III Sun Jul 31, 2016 7:50 pm

Gabby's life had been upended recently, which would have been a welcome change, considering how bored he had been getting with his routine. But these changes had proven themselves to be more challenging than boredom. Max was gone, so far and so busy that he had no access to his best friend. Trixie had up and disappeared, leaving him even further companionless. He could have dealt with complete solitude, but his few social interactions were with the ever-annoying Jack Dyllan. Though not a kid-person, he had ducked out of interactions with her by babysitting Sunny and Goose, feeling closer to Max through them.

Worst, however... he had gotten a job.

Okay, it was more of an investment, but still, for the first time in years, he was putting work into sustaining himself financially.

It was horrible.

The Leaky Cauldron was a favorite haunt of his. Arryn poured his drinks strong and kept the Quidditch matches playing all night. He could shut down.

And he had. He was a few scotches in when the woman next to him spoke. He glanced down to his left and then around her. No one? Was it him? Oh, god.

"The shepherd's pie isn't bad."

And he drained the rest of his glass.
Gabriel J. Short III
Gabriel J. Short III
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 100

Back to top Go down

Drinks at the Leaky Cauldron Empty Re: Drinks at the Leaky Cauldron

Post by Eva Bright Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:54 pm

Eva was celebrating because she got the job at Hogwarts teaching Potions and as the new Ravenclaw Head of House. This was her dream job and she knew her father would be proud of her. Her mum and brother were.

She glanced at the man next to her and replied with a grateful tone, “Thank you very much. I apologize if I bothered you. Like I said it’s been awhile since eating out when I usually make my own food.”

She ordered a shepherd’s pie and a butterbeer- ever since Hogwarts she became incredibly fond of the drink.

She took a piece of parchment and a quill out to begin her lesson outline for her first year as a teacher and granted she was nervous but this was her opportunity to do what she has wanted to for years. She smiled quietly to herself.

Figuring she would start easy on the first years with a cure for boils but before they would brew the potion she wanted to make sure they knew how to brew it correctly. She will assign an essay that is really quite easy.

Her food being presented to her she rolled up her notes and began to eat. The shepherd’s pie was indeed very good. She smiled and finished eating. She would have stayed longer but she had to get to Diagon Alley to get ingredients for the Potions room as well as extra potions books.
Eva Bright
Eva Bright
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top