To the Press [[URGENT]]
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

To the Press [[URGENT]] Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

To the Press [[URGENT]]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

To the Press [[URGENT]] Empty To the Press [[URGENT]]

Post by Ace A Longbottom Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:25 pm

@Gilbert Prichard @Adrienne Reynolds @Pansy Parkinson-Nott @Shylock Ashcroft

Hello,

My name is Ace Longbottom. I am a student at Hogwarts about to enter my sixth year. For all intents and purposes, I should have no place in the world's political arena.

However, I no longer TRUST our government to take care of ANYTHING, so I am coming to you.

There is something rotten in the state of Massachusetts, more specifically, the grounds of Ilvermorny. It is impossible to reach students there. It took me multiple attempts with multiple birds to get contact with anyone, and lost contact promptly. This problem persists both ways, and students who left to take one class still have not returned.

I have attached a copy of my letter to multiple Ministry officials, as well as the unnerving letter I received from an Ilvermorny student. Please, getting the word out is very important. We must help them.

Worried,
Ace Longbottom

Scarlett Duffy wrote:Alice,

I'm not entirely sure how, but your falcon made it through. I think the clever thing must have taken the ferry. Or maybe he was flying near your train home when some of your students were moved here. I don't know this Lydia person, but I may be able to find her. I don't know that I can get your shoes back. Or your bird, unfortunately. He's sort of annoyed, actually. I don't think he likes me very much.

As for what's happening here, well. I'll tell you what, it isn't great. I think the food is the main problem right now. We don't have enough to fill even a pitcher with. The lights and everything else can be dealt with, really. It's turned into a sort of first-come-first-serve thing, which isn't good. My friends and I have started investigating but we always get thrown off the trail or the task at hand - not half because my best friend is a little gullible when she's told she has some sort of privilege. I love her to death, but that really is quite a long story so I'll save that for later.

I don't see how you're going to get food here, though, I'm afraid. I do wonder what will come over on the ferry, but it only really seems to carry people, not objects. Or, I guess, it carried animals too. But I don't think I have quite enough strength to use any animals that are sent over as food. So maybe don't do that?

If this gets back to you and you have any ideas, I would be happy to pass them on. We don't really have any professors left, though, since they've all... left? I don't know. Either way, if we don't start tearing each other apart, maybe we can get something done. I'm fixing to lose my mind with this lot.

Nevertheless, I'm very glad you got through, Alice. I have no idea how I'm going to send this, yet, but now that I've got a mind to do it I hope I find a way...

Wishing you luck,
Scarlett Duffy

Ace Longbottom wrote:To the Minister, or any one else who may be of help,

Hello. I have sent this to several heads of departments, Hogwarts higher-ups, etc. I will continue sending this to anyone I believe needs to see/hear it.

I do not know to what extent you are aware, but something is happening over at Ilvermorny. With our students there, we certainly cannot stand idly by. I have included in this a copy of letter I received from an Ilvermorny student, which took much effort on both sides to even deliver. I am hoping this issue will be handled swiftly. Please keep me in the loop.

If I do not receive a response, I will be forced to reach out to the American Ministry and the media.

Thank you,
Alice Longbottom
Ace A Longbottom
Ace A Longbottom
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 208

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

To the Press [[URGENT]] Empty Re: To the Press [[URGENT]]

Post by Ace A Longbottom Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:07 am

Dear Shylock,

Thank you for the timely response. I was supremely discouraged at the lack of communication from the Ministry, but am glad someone has heard my call.

Off the record, can you tell me anything about what is going on over there? Besides knowing a few classmates who have not returned, I have a vested interest in the magical youth population, and am very disturbed at just how vulnerable they are in the scheming and planning of our government and the powers that be.

I feel like I'm a little crazy. Surely, I'm not the only one who has noticed? I don't want to say cover-up, but it smells like cover-ups.

Much obliged,
Ace Longbottom
Ace A Longbottom
Ace A Longbottom
Seventh Year Hufflepuff
Seventh Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 208

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top