Welcome to Potter’s Army

Potter’s Army is a roleplaying site that's been up and running since 2007. We pride ourselves on fostering a welcoming and helpful community where all levels of writers are accepted.

In this alternate universe, Lord Voldemort is dead, but so is Harry Potter. Factions continue to fight, Hogwarts educates the next generation of witches and wizards, and the Ministry of Magic does its best to hold everything together.

It is
Monday
date
Month
Year

in the wizarding world
Word Counter

words: 0

Go down
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Selwyn Thorfinn
24 : Alumnus
NoneDeputy Headmaster
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profilehttps://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

Re: MCKILLON, Maddie

on Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:29 am
Okay, so.

Siblings means brothers and sisters - you're actually talking about her children there.

I'd also really love you to remove her parents' current ages and just write their ages when they died, for ease of understanding.

I'm not entirely sure what to make of her early years.  Your character was born in 1992, most people didn't have housekeepers then.  Even if they did, it would be rare for a witch to work as a housekeeper for a muggle.  Perhaps she was a neighbour or a babysitter?

And McGonnagall has never been headmistress of Hogwarts in the Potter's Army timeline.

Unless I'm missing something, it's also really unlikely that Maddie would be able to see thestrals just from her mother's death.  You have to actually process the death to see them; that's why Harry doesn't see them immediately.  And a newborn's brain isn't developed enough to process that.

I'm also finding her self awareness a little hard to believe.  Not saying you HAVE to change it, but most eleven year olds, especially intelligent eleven year olds, think they know everything. Basically the more intelligent you are the less likely you are to question yourself and people who are young are even more prone to it.

I also find it hard to believe that Maddie could take her kids along to study such dangerous creatures as basilisks and chimeras (quite leaving aside that basilisks are man-made monsters).  In real life one can make significant discoveries in biology just from studying things like bugs, and nobody thinks any less of you if that happens to be your area.  Maddie needn't be studying particularly dangerous creatures to make significant strides in her field.  But if you do want her to study dangerous creatures she should leave the children at home unless she wants certain characters to believe she's an unfit mother.
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate
Selwyn Thorfinn
24 : Alumnus
NoneDeputy Headmaster
HalfbloodPart Veela
profileplotter
shippertracker
Sel

View user profilehttps://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

Re: MCKILLON, Maddie

on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:32 am
Ah, I think some of that irony wasn't getting across.  We don't often have that in apps. 

Those clarifications are great, and certainly make things more plausible.  You can put them in the main app if you like, or just leave them down here in your reply.  It's totally up to you. 

I'll get her sorted out then.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum