Free Plots! Buy now! - Page 2

Free Plots! Buy now!

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Free Plots! Buy now!

Post by Ducky Baker on Sat Jun 25, 2016 12:42 am

@Khaat Lupin wrote:i need threads too, actually. †Um...you know my folks. †

Should Jack and Michael get into some Unspeakable thingamajig?

Is Teddy interested in connecting w/ his bio relatives in any way?

I've got Andrew Diamond-he's a 5th yr Gryffy. †I could send him to Ilvermorny if Casey is interested.

And, of course, i always have some little fragments of weird ideas that might be worth developing but not sure who they would fit with....They're sort of weird, off the wall stuff, but you know how my brain works.

Anything sound promising to you?

Why don't you PM me some of your ideas and if we don't find any traction, we'll pick up a few of these ideas. I'm hoping to get some of my less used characters wrapped up in actual plots.
Ducky Baker
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 136
Species : Rubber ducky

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie McKillon on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:14 pm

We've talked about Teddy, but I can see some plotting potential with a few more of your lot, work-wise and Hogwarts-wise.

Maddie most probably knows Jack courtesy of her old job, even if not closely. She popped into the dept pretty regularly in the course of her research and I can see them striking up an acquaintance there. The more interesting plotting I can see in relation to Maddie's husband, who was also a quidditch player until his death, though in the US League. If Jack knew him in any way, Maddie would feel super weird when she realises, because she'd drifted apart from him majorly and had never been involved in that part of his life. So it would be strange and awkward and painful for her, but curious and bittersweet, depending on how well Jack knew him. If you're interested in some kind of re-encounter, that could work. Alternatively, something to do with a stray she's trying to help or some research files she needs could bring them into each other's paths again. I think her youngest son, Charlie, would sort of hero-worship Jack too in his shy awkward little way.

For the students, I'm waiting for the job to be approved & I'm not sure which of yours would take Herbology. But, I think Maddie would take an encouraging approach to Ace and Ducky, the former for her drive and the latter because he's endearing and a little lost and she'd see potential in him. She'd definitely push him academically and worry immensely over his situation, if she ever got to know of it. She'd also be slightly concerned about Finn, enough to keep a close look out but not actively try to intervene. Molly and Margo she'd be slightly wary of, because they're probably part of the wrong crowd her daughter is sometimes drawn into and therefore Bad Influences. I don't have much of an idea where that could go, but she'd probably be keeping a close eye on them and making sure Kathryn didn't get dragged into anything stupid, while low-key being concerned for their safety. Wendy she'd just love. Would invite for tea & her attempts at cake XD

I'm trying to think of something with Gabby, just because they're closer in age but I'm failing lol.

That's a lot but catch/deflect at will Razz
Maddie McKillon
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Magizoologist, Herbology Professor at Hogwarts l Head of Gryffindor
Species : Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dom Weasley on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:36 pm

-rubs hands- Let's do this.

I like where you were going with the stray thing for Jack and Maddie. I was thinking about that too as Jack is always taking in strays as well, also both human and animal. Maybe Jack gets a crate of pygmy puffs that she can't take on because her Jarvey keeps trying to eat them, and she has Maddie stop by to pick them up, or she takes them there. I love the idea with Charlie! Jack actually had two adopted kids (her bio is so in need of updating). Sunny, her niece, is 8, and Goose is 10. Perhaps Goose and Charlie could be friends as Goose is supposed to be going to Hogwarts but is going to get some really bad news about his condition (he's basically a squib because of a magical blood disease). The added discomfort because of Maddie's husband could be interesting. Jack isn't particularly close with anyone outside of her team, but she would have known him. Also, because of a Ministry mandate, Jack was married for a brief amount of time and began falling for her husband... and then he had to move to the US. There's a few parallels between the women that would be really fun.

Jack's not to be mothered though. haha. She won't take to that at all.

I'm actually trying to get something approved with Ducky that would work well into her getting the chance to mother him a bit. Finn and Wendy are the two girls that need the most plotting, and I love the idea of Wendy getting tea with her.

Also, with Casper as a 17 year old, it'd be really fun if one of my girls had a crush on him, which made it awkward to interact with Maddie. I'll have to investigate that more once I get to know him more.

Gabby will be sent off to investigate the Ilvermorny situation, so maybe he gets dispatched when Maddie decides to investigate too, throwing them together?
Dom Weasley
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 223

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie McKillon on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:18 am

Yes to everything Jack x Maddie! If they'd known each other well enough before, I can totally see them keeping up a sort of re-stray-tionship (I'm sorry silent) where they kind of coordinated any strays the other couldn't take? Mad has a rather sizeable pet list but they're all pretty tame, so I can see her dropping off the less domestic ones with Jack, if she was up for that. Charlie and Kathryn share a puffskein, Edgar, but Kathryn would definitely take responsibility for more, especially pygmies, even if Maddie wasn't sure at first. Maddie's ex-husband also pretty much up and left her for the US a few years back, so there's definitely a link there. So yeah, for sure. There is no way Maddie would ever try to mother Jack. I think Jack would be seen more as a sort of pillar of strength, and Maddie would enjoy spending time with her if she knew her well enough.

RE Goose- I love the idea of a friendship between him and Charlie! I don't know what he's like, but Charlie is super shy and reserved, so that would be nice. Also, I'm toying with the idea of making Charlie a year younger just to play out his first year, which would make them the same age, as well as considering giving him the shock of a Gryffindor sorting. So if that did happen their shared surprises might strengthen that bond, and it's something Charlie would value, I think. I'm just hesitant because of the lack of first years around, but that's something I'd love to explore either way.

Definitely up for the Ducky thing, he's 110% motherable. Closer to the way she mothers Casper, I think, giving him distance and recognizing his capabilities but still keeping a very close eye to make sure he doesn't get into scrapes or making herself available if he needs any help/support. If he did manage to get into any major scrapes, she'd try her best to get him out of it and then push him to improve his life. She'd be wary of Kathryn seeing him as a source of excitement, or Charlie somehow idolising him though haha

Yes for sure, Wendy for tea pretty regularly; she'll be a firm favourite with Charlie and Casper too, though Kathryn might find her a little puzzling. If Finn liked Maddie or found her easy to talk to, I think there could be a nice bond there too, because she'd see something of herself in her, or at least her childhood. She can identify with the loneliness of being an only child with a distant father for company, although Maddie's father was just clueless, if well-meaning.

I can definitely see the Casper thing XD Most likely he'll be oblivious, or at least nice and polite about it, but if Maddie ever caught on she'd be on alert/really unsubtle depending who it is, which could be pretty funny. I've got a description of him in her development thread, if that helps.

The Gabby plot is great, actually! The Ilvermorny thing is definitely something she would not sit out, honestly I think she'd storm into any and all offices demanding answers and forcing herself into any sort of investigation. I think it'll be interesting with these two because he's pretty much the complete opposite of her in some ways, she would be appalled and slightly pitying of his irresponsibility. I think she might see a bit of her ex in him- born into money, charming, and fundamentally good, if infuriating, but ultimately anyone who helps her get her children back is a Good Egg.

Sorry, this spiraled out of control! So many characters so little space haha
Maddie McKillon
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Magizoologist, Herbology Professor at Hogwarts l Head of Gryffindor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Dyllan on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:32 am

JackxMaddie : Do not apologize, pun master. I think all of this seems super fitting. I'm okay with starting a thread either Jack bringing the puffs or Maddie coming over, whichever you'd prefer. And they could tote kids, so we could play with that as well.

GoosexCharlie : Please do! I'd be tempted to make Goose if you did. haha. Goose thinks he's a little genius and acts very superior, but it's because he simply can't be as athletic as kids his age, so he tries to outsmart. It gets him in trouble, but he's well-intentioned.

DuckyxMaddie : Awesome! That'll be more towards the school year so we can archive that.

Wendy/FinnxMaddie : Awesome. I can more easily imagine Wendy doing that, but I'll try to find a way to entrap Finn too.

RE Casper : For some reason, all I see on your development page is the words "The McKillon-Jericho Family" so I haven't been able to read up on him.

GabbyxMaddie : I imagined there would be some conflict there. Gabby also thinks he hates kids, but he's basically become the unofficial nanny for the Dyllan kids so...

No worries! More options is good!
Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10192
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's
Year : Grad

View user profile https://youroneactsucks.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Maddie McKillon on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:58 am

Maddie coming over would be easiest? They've been in Hogsmeade for this year but I've got them in the middle of a move back to their old home at the moment, which has been rudely interrupted by the Ilvermorny disaster. If she's bringing the kids, it'll have to backdated probably, and it would be Charlie & Kathryn?

Goose is such a little... goose, for lack of a better word. I'm almost definitely making Charlie, even better if he gets a Goose! He's perfect- Charlie is curious and rather perceptive, as well as insecure, so I think he'd recognise that in Goose and like him for it. Honestly, he'd love a little adventure in his life, he's not nearly as meek and reserved as he thinks he is, so scrapes/trouble would be lovely! (Originally my plan was for Charlie to somehow go missing over at Ilvermorny and come back later than everyone else, but I think I could find some way to do that with him a year younger, too)

Hit me up with any Ducky/Maddie threads once you've got your approval!

Maddie could invite Finn too? If they're not already friends, she'd probably try to get the girls together.

I had the rest hidden, bizarrely. It's there now.

Haha, Gabby is someone Kathryn would aspire to be, and likely adopt herself when this is over XD
Maddie McKillon
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Dyllan on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:23 am

I can start a Maddie/Jack thread!

Reading on Charlie, I think Charlie would get along with Goose and Sunny perfectly.

Reading on Casper, he and Wendy are basically the same person, so I could see her actually being friends with him. I weirdly want to see him interact with Molly the most... just because I think she could surprise him.

And the rest will have to wait for the school year or Ilvermorny plot.
Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

Back to top Go down

Post by Selwyn Thorfinn on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:02 am

HEY JACKSIE!

You wannted to get Ducky involved in some shady stuff right?

I just moved Angelique back to Hoggies as a healer (which means she might will get caught on the train in the upcoming plot) so if he wants to "help" by bringing people to her they might be in for an unpleasant time.

IDK, something like that, anyway
Selwyn Thorfinn
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 3032
Species : Part Veela

View user profile https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Dyllan on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:10 am

He's actually not going to stay on the train because of some other plotting. But what sort of trouble is it? I have others that need plotting.
Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Selwyn Thorfinn on Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:11 am

It's unplanned trouble. She's just not a nice person...
Selwyn Thorfinn
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 3032
Species : Part Veela

View user profile https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/NovelLane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next