Different Wing, Different Experiences
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Different Wing, Different Experiences  Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Different Wing, Different Experiences

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Different Wing, Different Experiences  Empty Different Wing, Different Experiences

Post by Serafina Duchannes Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:20 am

Serafina walked in the hospital working a shift that was understaffed but she didn't mind. Working long hours and sometimes many hours kept her mind busy. It kept her mind on patients instead of the big empty house that she had at home. Today she was working on the first floor in the emergency services, she usually worked on the second floor in the trauma wing. She often bounced back and forth between the two because she could work with both. She placed her things where they were supposed to be, then started her shift.

She was busy for the first four hours then it became quiet and still. She worked hard and made sure that she had everything settled before she took a small break. She grabbed a bottle of water from her bag, it had vitamins and electrolytes that she needed in it. She also grabbed an energy bar out of her bag to munch on so that she had something on her stomach. She hated that it was slow because then her mind began wondering why she even bought a house that big. She shook her head to try and make sure that she had a clear one for when she got another patient.

She finished her water and energy bar, she put the bottle back in her bag then threw the wrapper away. She walked along the hall until she came back to the emergencies services wing. There was still no patients for her so she double checked the ones she did have to make sure she signed where she needed to.
Serafina Duchannes
Serafina Duchannes
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Different Wing, Different Experiences  Empty Re: Different Wing, Different Experiences

Post by Aneta Markova Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:46 am

Audrey came to work early. In fact, she always comes earlier.
She is the big perfectionist and does not tolerate delay, it is always better to arrive early and be prepared fine.
Today she did not need work for anyone and for this reason is not molt but remained in her clothes.
As the deputy director, her job mostly revolves around paper or any major views, except when necessary to change a doctor because everyone else was busy.

After spending more than four hours filling out various forms for procurement of materials they need and reviewing all release form, she finally decided to take a little break.
She ate a banana and drank a cup of coffee and then decided to go through all the wings of the hospital to make sure that everything is in order.

She went around the wards and then came to the reception. One old woman was supposed to review, nothing serious, ordinary sickness or is required to examine her doctor even though her sister told her that the doctor was not there.
Audrey came to check what was going on then in her diary searched the name of doctor.
Serafina Duchannes.
According to information that Audrey has this girl is working in the emergency room today.
"I'm Audrey, the deputy director. Come with me, please. Your doctor will see you now," she said, trying to sound friendly, but as much as she might, in her voice was always something cold and distant.

She came with the patient to the emergency room and then looked around her.
"Serafina Duchannes" she said before she came to young healer, in her mid twenties. The girl looked like it currently does not work and will certainly be able to receive this woman.
"This lady is complaining of nausea, probably nothing dangerous but she claims that you are her doctor and want you to review her. Do you think you can get it now?" looked at the girl in question.
Aneta Markova
Aneta Markova

Number of posts : 257

Back to top Go down

Different Wing, Different Experiences  Empty Re: Different Wing, Different Experiences

Post by Serafina Duchannes Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:15 pm

Serafina wasn't doing much in the emergency room except double checking to make sure that they had everything. She made sure they had all the equipment and supplies that they needed. She talked to one of the nurses about getting a few items before she went and changed two beds to clean linen sheets. She walked back towards the desk in the middle checking things off her list of things to do today. She was almost finished and she knew that once that happened it would get busy again. She saw the deputy director walk in and wondered what she was doing down here.

"Yes?" She answered when Audrey called her name. Wondering if there something wrong and she needed to fix it right away. "Yeah I can do it now." She put down her things and went to the young woman and lead to her an empty room so she could find out what it was that wrong.

Once they were in the room Serafina picked up the woman's chart and then looked at the woman herself. "How long has the nausea being going on?" She asked curiously. "Is there any other symptoms that are with it?" She asked thinking of two possible answers for it.
Serafina Duchannes
Serafina Duchannes
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Imogen Blackburn Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:08 pm

Audrey looked at the doctor with approval.
"Excellent. I'll be back later to see how everything is progressing here. We need to take everything in order," she looked at the girl and recognized her from a Muggle's fashion magazine.
"All right, you've got a doctor that your friend recommended to you. If you need something else, please contact me," Imogen nodded and then Audrey went out to controle other doctors and nurses.

Imogen went with the doctor in the room and then sat on the bed.
"I'm sorry to drop by unannounced, my friend said you were one of the best here." Imogen looked at the doctor before she shook her head.
"No, there are no other symptoms. Only the nausea that lasts for a month, constantly throwing up," she frowned, thinking about whether she has a problem with anorexia again.

No, that is not possible, she eat constantly, even more than usual.
Her period late but she re-transcribed it with stress again, it often happens, especially during stressful and long recording.
She looked at the doctor a little bit scared. Very childish, but Imogen was really afraid of needles and blood.
Imogen Blackburn
Imogen Blackburn
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by Serafina Duchannes Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:42 am

"Okay Ms. O'Shea. Of course, I'll make sure she's taken care of." Serafina said with a smile at her boss. Then looked at the woman standing in front of her. She didn't recognize the woman then heard her say something about the woman's friend. She wondered who it was that recommended her as the good doctor, however she didn't ask considering this woman wasn't well.

"It's fine, it was rather slow so don't worry about it. I try to be a good doctor though many I think would say I work to much. Right now let's just focus on you." She said with a smile. She nodded at Imogen's words only coming up with one possible answer should the next questions be how she thought they might be. "Are you feeling more hungry? Maybe eating more than you usually would?" She asked looking at Imogen hoping that her hunch was correct.Her next question was something more likely to confirm everything but she had to make sure. "When was your last period?" She asked knowing that this question would make her get a test to confirm what she thought it would be.

(I'm sorry this is short Sad ))
Serafina Duchannes
Serafina Duchannes
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Imogen Blackburn Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:29 pm

Imogen listened doctor ready to respond to her question. Imogen's bad trait is that she always has a ready answer for all problems. However, she could not even imagine what a doctor assumes.

"Actually, yes, I eat a lot more," she nodded before she continued.
"However, it is usually when I work a lot. When I'm busy by recording, I eat a lot more, and when I am at the home immediately less. I think that's natural," smiled a little.
After following questions Imogen frowned. Finally, this blonde realized what doctor is thinking about.

"Two months ago, again, rewrite it to stress. It is not the first time that happens," she said innocently but she already felt a cold sweat on her neck.
The doctor makes mistakes, goes completely in the wrong direction. Maybe she should mentions problems with anorexia? However, over-eating does not coincide with the disease. She must have caught a nasty virus, it is only logical explanation at this time.

"It is possible that this is a virus, right?" she said recklessly, and in her voice was already felt slight panic. It must be a virus.
Hell, it's better to tell her that she was suffering from an incurable disease that is slowly dying and that there are only a few more months of life, but it is assumed that she was pregnant. Imogen is not ready for children, not yet, not even in the recent few years.
Imogen Blackburn
Imogen Blackburn
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Serafina Duchannes Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:46 pm

Serafina nodded when Imogen said that she ate a more than she usually would.
She nodded when it was explained that it was when she worked a lot and when she's recording.
"Does that still happen now? Do you still eat less at home?" She asked looking at the young woman curiously.

"I can't write it as stress until I've exhausted all other options." She said softly as she jotted a few things down on Imogen's chart.
She went over to the cupboard pulled out a few things placing them on the counter.
She came back to Imogen and handed her a cup, "I need to pee in this so I can do a pregnancy test." She said with a small smile.

"Well with the eating more, the nausea, and late period. I'm sorry but a virus doesn't have these symptoms." She said softly understanding that the woman was scared that she might be pregnant.
She remembered seeing Imogen in a muggle magazine and wondered if the girl was scared about losing her job or something.
Serafina Duchannes
Serafina Duchannes
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Imogen Blackburn Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:08 pm

She frowned for a moment as she thought about it. She sat on the bed but she could not reach the ground with her feets, but still crossed her legs and rested her hands on the bed.
"Not really. At the home I eat almost as much as on work. That is why I duplicated training with my coach," she smiled happily as it would solve all the problems.
Or at least most of the problems.

She thought about the others possible reasons, but she could not think of anything. At least not anything reasonable. All she could think of were stupid and some unimaginable situation.
She leaned forward a bit to try to read what Serafina records but failed.
When she brought her a glass she looked at her in shock.
"You must be kidding. This is a complete waste of time. Of course I'm not pregnant," she shook her head and then stood up, took the patella and went where nurse showed her.

After a few minutes she came back and the nurse was carrying a glass. Imogen sat back on the bed and waited for the doctor to say she was wrong. This is the only possible outcome.
Imogen was afraid of losing her job, but the greater fear was because of the children.
Easy, is not thinking about children now, she was not ready for that.
Finally she is doing a job she loved, Axel is back in her life and whole her family are together. Now is not the time for new problems.
Imogen Blackburn
Imogen Blackburn
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top