Goodbye!
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Goodbye! Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Goodbye!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Goodbye! Empty Goodbye!

Post by Darren Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:06 am

Okay I don't know how to start this..
Well, this is probably going to be my final thread here... It's kind of difficult to say goodbye to something you've been doing for so long. I've been here almost eight years! I've been an admin for seven years. But now, I am going to resign and leave. For good, I think. Possibly not, but that's the intention anyway.

Over the years admining the site has really improved my web design skills. I guess I've also improved as a writer here, though not as much as I would have liked xD. Most importantly, I made some great friends here who I hopefully will remain in touch with. Most of them are inactive now, which is partly why I am leaving I suppose.

I'd like to think I've played a part of making PA what it is, for better or for worse. And now I'm not sure whether it's outgrown me or I've outgrown it, but either way, I won't be staying here any longer as either an admin or a member. Granted, apart from admining every now and then, I haven't really done anything here for the last three years. I don't really find roleplaying interesting anymore - I blame my engineering degree, it killed all my artistic output Sad - and I don't want the admin team to rely on someone like me. PA isn't really going in the direction I want it to, but I've tried my best with this site, so I think it's time to let others take charge without me getting in the way.

Aanyway, at the risk of saying anything more and making this post even more awkward, I'll just end it here. Goodbye PA!

Last edited by Darren on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darren
Darren

Number of posts : 22273
Special Abilities : Wandless Magic, Leglimens,

Back to top Go down

Goodbye! Empty Re: Goodbye!

Post by Cecilia Attwood Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:34 pm

Good bye Darren. We'll miss you.
Cecilia Attwood
Cecilia Attwood
Fifth Year Ravenclaw
Fifth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 662

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaat Lupin Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:08 am

Darren,

I feel like I've been a fixture here for a lot of years, and honestly, I'm having a hard time imagining PA without you.  In my time here, you've been such a large part of the foundation and framework of what PA was when I started, how it evolved, and certainly its longevity. 

Selfishly, while I really do want you to go on to all sorts of bigger, grander adventures in your life, I can't imagine you not being here.  You're leaving big shoes for the rest of us to fill.  

I am going to expect you to be stopping by once in a blue moon, though, to say hi to us all.  

I wish you nothing but golden opportunies, endless good luck, every dream fulfilled, and more happiness than you can hold.  

Love you lots, my friend,
K
Khaat Lupin
Khaat Lupin
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 22485
Special Abilities : Energy Worker, Medium, Heightened Sensitivity

Back to top Go down

Post by Thaorson Ian Elldir Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:56 am

Darren,

You will be missed my friend! Like Khaat, I find it hard to imagine PA without you. The last five years of getting to know you has been great!

who is going to fix all the stuff I break around here?!?

on a serious note,
I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and hope you accomplish all you set out to do!

Should you ever change your mind, we will welcome you back with open arms!

Lots of love!
Thaor
Thaorson Ian Elldir
Thaorson Ian Elldir
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 249
Occupation : Wizengamot Member, Senior Undersecretary to the Minister, Unspeakable

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick Potter Sun Aug 30, 2015 5:13 am

Darren,

Ah were has the time gone!? I remember seven years ago when Danevra was the biggest thing on PA. I remember when you would randomly pop in to post in a thread and vanish. Over the years I feel like I've gotten to know you more than most members currently active on PA, and I'm grateful for that. You leaving PA is pretty much nearly the end of the old members, and its sad to have seen how everyone has come and gone, but I truly believe PA will continue to grow and expand into something greater than it already is. You say that PA  isn't going in the direction you want it to. I hope you come back a few months, or years from now and you can see a PA that you can be proud of again. PA is what it is today because of you. Out of all of the old Admins that were around when I joined; Sue, Jemma, Jess, Adrian, and you; I believe you have had the greatest impact out of all of them, and PA would not be where it is today with out you. Good luck in everything you do in life.

Your friend,
Nick
Nick Potter
Nick Potter
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 2915

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top