Ask the Person Below You - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Ask the Person Below You - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Ask the Person Below You

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ask the Person Below You - Page 8 Empty Re: Ask the Person Below You

Post by Luxanna Gwendolyn Hale Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:58 am

Water. Alright, she can shower and take a bath or walk in the rain, but when it comes to swimming or actually going deeper than her knee length, she can lose her mind. She almost drowned in a pool when she was a child and that still haunts her. And she can't swin so that pretty much has a lot to do with the issue.

Are your characters well informed of the muggle technology? Can they use it? If yes, do they use it on a daily basis when at home?
Luxanna Gwendolyn Hale
Luxanna Gwendolyn Hale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by Evander Yaxley Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:28 pm

^^I listen to heavier music too! Like rock, metal all of that. My favorite band right now is Ghost Town(you should check them out lol)

Alright, now to move on.

Yes, technically. Evan knows of it, but doesn't care much for it. Hit is obsessed with muggle things because her parents have always forbid any "mingling" between their family and muggles. Y'know blood purity and all that, so neither of them really use it at home or on a daily basis.

What is your character's worst nightmare? Like actual dream-wise.
Evander Yaxley
Evander Yaxley
Sixth Year Ravenclaw
Sixth Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 585

Back to top Go down

Post by Phaedra Rosier Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:07 pm

She hasn't had it yet! I think there are quite few waiting, tbh. But the one that comes to mind is her trying to get past the wards at grandmother's manor and being confronted by the ghost of her younger brother. It'll repeat itself in various forms over this year, with other ghosts joining Caspian. (If I'm feeling mean enough, the nightmare might become a reality at some point XD)

What is the nicest compliment you'd ever been paid?
Phaedra Rosier
Phaedra Rosier
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 174

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenna McBain Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:53 pm

I'm odd with compliments. I'm not incredibly receptive to them (not the sort to be like "no that's not true" because that can just be disrespectful) but I'm hyper-aware of who is paying it, their qualifications for paying it (ie compliments me on a short film but knows nothing about film and thinks Adam Sandler is a cinematic genius), and their motivations, as well as how liberal they are with their compliments. So, that said, the compliment that sticks in my head wasn't said by someone trying to compliment me, nor would he probably even remember it. But a friend once told me that the second he met me, he knew I was a powerhouse. When I slip out of sorts, I remember that and it helps me, quite a bit. It's something I aspire to be.

What is something memorable a teacher/professor/mentor has told you?
Kenna McBain
Kenna McBain
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 119

Back to top Go down

Post by Imogen Blackburn Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:06 pm

I got bad mark on test and I asked when I can fix it. She told me that I don't need to because my other marks are great and then told me "Remember that for later, if you do many good things in life, one mistake means nothing"

What is your best memory from school?
Imogen Blackburn
Imogen Blackburn
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 151

Back to top Go down

Post by Luxanna Gwendolyn Hale Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:36 pm

Finally being accepted.
Not that I've moved a lot, but due to constant bullying (and also not being a native) I got harassed on a daily basis not only by students, but also teachers as well. As a result I changed schools quite frequently and I was quite depressed too. So the last school I went to, I did not have any hopes anymore. I just wanted to graduate and move on with my life, but people were different there. Even though I was distant and avoiding at first, my new classmates began talking to me and I even got new friends there. Teachers were extremely supportive as well and they understood that I had some developing-studying problems as well so they offered help and found my strengths. This was when going to school was not mentally challenging anymore but I really began enjoying this, even though it was far away from my home.

Your favorite subject in school?
Luxanna Gwendolyn Hale
Luxanna Gwendolyn Hale
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 102

Back to top Go down

Post by Meridian Chang Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:00 pm

Digital Electronics. It's quite funny considering I hated it while I was listening DE but after I took final exams and got other new subjects I ended up missing Digital Electronics more than any other subject I've ever had.

Least favourite season and why?
Meridian Chang
Meridian Chang
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 48

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:58 pm

The art of giving feedback. I learned it from a friend who is a professional dramaturg, and being able to critique professional playwrights and screenwriters has proved useful. Not only do I do my job better, but I earn their favor doing it the right way.

What is a strange fact you've learned that you could have lived without knowing?
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Irina Aldon Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:53 pm

Oh I'm not sure...
But somewhere I read that every person eat like 8 or 10 spiders in sleep every year. I'm soooo affraid of spiders and could definetly live without knowing that

What is the funniest lie you used to think it's true when you were kid?
Irina Aldon
Irina Aldon
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 116

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:46 pm

OKAY! SO! (I just told this story recently). You used to be able to dial P-O-P-C-O-R-N to get the time. My grandparents also had a friend nicknamed Popcorn. They once teased him about calling him for the time and it just registered as fact. So I believed that this old man just spent all of his time answering the phone to tell people the time. It took years for me to actually consider it again and debunk it.

What has been your favorite vacation?
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top