The Rant Thread - Page 8
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Rant Thread - Page 8 Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Rant Thread

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Rant Thread - Page 8 Empty Re: The Rant Thread

Post by Kaiden Poliakoff Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:22 pm

I can't deal with people anymore, I honestly think I've become a bitter old lady at the age of nineteen.
Kaiden Poliakoff
Kaiden Poliakoff
Seventh Year Slytherin
Seventh Year Slytherin

Number of posts : 418

Back to top Go down

Post by Maura Goldstein Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:40 pm

It should be illegal for you to take a hundred if it's lower then $50, would save so much time!  Had a customer challenge me telling me that I short changed them, I counted it out right in front of you!  Then tell me I short changed them $20! I'm not falling for that and having my drawer short nope, so my managers counted my drawer and was even,  dang lady tried to scheme me!
Maura Goldstein
Maura Goldstein
Sixth Year Hufflepuff
Sixth Year Hufflepuff

Number of posts : 1235

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Avery Bishop Wed Jan 18, 2017 8:28 am

SOMEONE CLARIFY THIS FOR ME PLS:

I am irked because I just saw a tumblr post of people arguing about whether or not Phoenix tears could've saved the Horcrux inside of Harry after the Basilisk fang jabbed him and it's like 2:30 am but now I'm super conflicted. Obviously the horcrux should've fought back, and the plot hole is going to drive me nuts XD Surely that's what this is, right? If I'm 17 years into Harry Potter books and missed something that big, imma be pissed.
Avery Bishop
Avery Bishop
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 575

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Waldorf Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:29 am

I think that is possible but this is the first time I am thinking about it
I mean, that Horcrux was part of him, you could kill that part and we know you can do that with Basilisk fang so that part should be dead after attack but it wasn't so only logical explaination is that Phoenix tears saved it from dying
Charlotte Waldorf
Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Number of posts : 712

Back to top Go down

Post by Avery Bishop Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:30 pm

Right, but the Horcrux didn't react like it should have, and he didn't do that weird dissolving thing Voldy did, even in part. My best bet is that she hadn't thought of it yet, but I wish she had explained that away.
Avery Bishop
Avery Bishop
Durmstrang Graduate
Durmstrang Graduate

Number of posts : 575

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Waldorf Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:35 pm

Yeah that's really confusing
Now I have need to read that part again lol
Charlotte Waldorf
Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Gnimagnon Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:28 pm

I had the same crisis over this! Luckily she's clarified it a few times, including this one interview:

Q: When Harry was stabbed by a basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets, since he was a Horcrux shouldn’t it have been destroyed then?

JKR: I have been asked that a lot. Harry was exceptionally fortunate in that he had Fawkes. So before he could be destroyed without repair, which is what is necessary to destroy a horcrux, he was mended. However, I made sure that Fawkes wasn’t around the second time a Horcrux got stabbed by a basilisk fang, so the poison did its work and it was irreparable within a short period of time…. I established early in the book, Hermione says that you destroy a Horcrux by using something so powerful that there’s no remedy. But she does say there is a remedy for basilisk poison but of course it has to be administered immediately and when they stab the cup later – boy I’m really blowing this for anyone who hasn’t finished the book – there’s Fawkes, is my answer. And thank you for giving me a chance to say that because people have argued that quite a lot.

Basically, he didn't die so the Horcrux didn't, is my understanding. Crisis averted? xP
Simon Gnimagnon
Simon Gnimagnon
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate

Number of posts : 38

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Waldorf Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:44 pm

BUT second time he didn't die either but Horcrux did
xD
So I think it's matter of time, like J.K. say, first time Phoenix helped him immediately
Charlotte Waldorf
Charlotte Waldorf
Seventh Year Ravenclaw
Seventh Year Ravenclaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Jaquellene Jack Dyllan Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:59 am

My cat died Sad
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Jaquellene Jack Dyllan
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate

Number of posts : 10287
Special Abilities : Occlumency
Occupation : Unspeakable | Beater for the Falmouth Falcons | Deed-Holder of Satan's

https://jackles-feels-feelings.polyvore.com/

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top