Who put the devil in you?
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

Who put the devil in you? Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

Who put the devil in you?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Who put the devil in you? Empty Re: Who put the devil in you?

Post by Barnaby Fontaine Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:25 am

This was completely asinine. The fact that his mother had decided this was the way to go? Graham didn't want to believe that it was true, but something told him that it may have actually been Arin's idea. That would be exactly the sort of thing his brother would do. Muggle though he was, Graham got the feeling that Arin would have been a Slytherin. The fact that Graham himself wasn't one consistently surprised most of his friends. His siblings, too.

Arin, git that he was, was probably at practice right now, while Graham sat with his arms crossed, head tilted back on the top of his chair so he could stare at the ceiling. Merlin, this was stupid.

His name met the air, and Graham sighed heavily before sitting up and pushing off of the seat. This healer looked nice enough, but Graham wasn't exactly excited about what would be awaiting him behind the hallway door. Instead of offering a greeting, he lifted his chin in a sort of silent 'hey.'

His feet brought him to stand in front of the healer, only just registering the fact that he probably should have been ashamed to be there, where other people could see him. But he was more annoyed than embarrassed, and he had a feeling it showed.
Barnaby Fontaine
Barnaby Fontaine
Graduate
Graduate

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnaby Fontaine Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:49 am

Graham huffed quietly, but fell into the seat he was expected to be stuck in for however long the session was supposed to run. The question leveled at him made Graham laugh and toss the healer a cynical look. The teen had a way of appearing entirely unengaged when, in the same moment, he was sizing up the other man in the room and wondering just how much effort he had to put into this meeting to avoid having to attend another one.

"Here's the thing, Mr. Corner," he replied casually, relaxing against his chair. "I have just about zero interest in actually being here. That much is probably clear, though. So if you've got, say, required questions that you need to get out of the way, that would probably be the best place to start."

Graham, mind you, was fully aware that he was likely just working himself up into even more trouble. But there was something massively insulting about being forced to attend a meeting like this because he and Arin were in a standoff. Of course, the elder brother would not be expected to go to such meetings. His mother, Graham figured, was wary of magic more than she had expected or admitted. Perhaps it was the death of his father that had finally convinced her that magic was something to be afraid of. Either way, he was absolutely sure that his ability was what had planted him in this office for a meeting he denied he had any use for.
Barnaby Fontaine
Barnaby Fontaine
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnaby Fontaine Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:47 pm

Graham slowly raised an eyebrow in response to what seemed like a veiled threat. Still, he settled further into his chair and generally just glowered across at the healer. As soon as Michael mentioned parents being involved, the Ravenclaw had to keep himself from scoffing. Hardly true. But Corner didn't know that - how could he? He hadn't heard the whole story, of course. And he didn't know Graham's secret. No one did, except Arin, and the day was bound to come when it would matter. But the idea of being reported - especially for telling the truth about it? That didn't sit too well with the sixteen-year-old. So he decided not to lay his cards on the table just yet.

"Well," Graham practically drawled, setting his elbow on the arm of his chair and plopping his chin into his palm. "I suppose that depends. Did my mother claim that there were parents who felt concerned? If so, she lied. My father's dead. Has been for four years. So, for starters, it's just her. My brother likely worked her up into it, though. Muggles, the pair of them. Not that I'm against that, exactly. It's more like they're afraid of me and my younger siblings, but refuse to say the word 'scared,'" he rolled his eyes, his fingers curling into air quotations.

"The thing is, we had a bit of a row, my half-brother and I," he explained, turning to look away in a show of boredom. "And neither of us really want to fix it."
Barnaby Fontaine
Barnaby Fontaine
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnaby Fontaine Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:50 pm

If someone were to pin down what sort of 'smarts' Graham had, it would definitely have been book smarts over any special skills when it came to social situations. There, of course, was no exception when it came to a meeting like this. Anger was a huge part of him by now, and it was easier to let that be the visible side of him, especially around someone who - legally - couldn't turn around and share the information with anyone. Although he had a way about him when it came to making other students nervous, and although he could catch the attention of girls who didn't know better, he was not in his element in this office.

He didn't expect the question that the healer sent his way, so he looked back towards Michael, one eyebrow lifted. "Well, it's pretty ignorant of them, isn't it? Especially my mother. She knew who my father was. He was in the Order, for Merlin's sake. He didn't try to hide it."

Graham lifted his shoulder in a shrug, though it wasn't as nonchalant as he intended it to be. "If things had been the other way around, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't have been like this. If Arin were the younger. Even if he was the first of mum's kids with magic. We both wanted the same things, but he let her push the rest of us aside, when he shouldn't have done."
Barnaby Fontaine
Barnaby Fontaine
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Barnaby Fontaine Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:17 pm

Graham lifted the corner of his mouth in a near half-smile, though it was more of a smirk, really. Yes, he preferred to talk around things unless he had a good reason for being forthright. This was not one of those times.

"What should it matter that I have magic? Our father did, too, and she never treated him any differently. Neither did Arin." Graham was frowning now, unimpressed yet again that he was in this situation because of some new thing either his mum or his brother had come up with.

"What should it matter, if we both were after the same goals? I didn't want to use magic for my career, yet here I am, forced to consider it because what I really wanted to do was taken away. If they're jealous, perhaps they have the wrong priorities," he decided.
Barnaby Fontaine
Barnaby Fontaine
Graduate
Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top