The Official Encyclopedia of Fiery Drinks
Welcome to Potter’s Army

Welcome to Potter's Army

We have been a Harry Potter Roleplaying site since 2007. If you're an old member we hope you come check out the discord link provided below. And if you're looking for a new roleplaying site, well, we're a little inactive. But every once and a while nostalgia sets in and a few of our alumni members will revisit the old stomping grounds and post together. Remember to stay safe out there. And please feel free to drop a line whenever!

The Official Encyclopedia of Fiery Drinks Li9olo10

What’s Happening?
Since every few months or so a few of our old members get the inspiration to revisit their old stomping grounds we have decided to keep PA open as a place to revisit old threads and start new ones devoid of any serious overarching plot or setting. Take this time to start any of those really weird threads you never got to make with old friends and make them now! Just remember to come say hello in the chatbox below or in the discord. Links have been provided in the "Comings and Goings" forum as well as the welcome widget above.

The Official Encyclopedia of Fiery Drinks

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Official Encyclopedia of Fiery Drinks Empty The Official Encyclopedia of Fiery Drinks

Post by Adrian Blanchard Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:22 pm

This is going to be complete loss of his time, Adrian Blanchard concluded, staring at the letter he just got. The letter wasn't signed, but he would recognize that ginger owl eve nin the middle of the night, given the number of times she flew on his shoulder with a letter tied for her leg. Yet, sometimes the owl would came with someone else's letter, but he recognized the handwriting. It was Carmen's. And for the first time in his life, he wasn't thrilled to see it. The letter was encrypted, although it was too short to understand even if someone found his way to decrypt it. It wouldn't be understandable without knowing the purpose of it. He knew both thing, the purpose of it, although he didn't like it very much, and how to decrypt it. It was actually pretty easy since both of them Carmen and him worked hard nearly for a year to find an ideal way for encrypting their letters, and then spend almost another year teaching every other Swiss Death Eater to do the same. That task was mostly his, since Carmen was their leader and couldn't find enough time to do so, so she told him to do that and he agreed. Today, he wondered if she's scared he might spill their secrets to someone else once he had left Switzerland without thinking about going back in the nearer future. He wouldn't do it, he wouldn't do anything to threaten them, especially Carmen, but he couldn't stop himself from wondering whether she came to the same conclusion. Adrian abruptly stood up crumpling a letter in his hands, until it shaped into a perfect ball, walked towards the fireplace in his family's living room, and threw the letter into the fire. He stayed there, watching as fire consumed pale yellow paper turning it into a black soft dust that can be blown out even with the smallest breeze. After the last piece of paper disappeared, and the message was gone for good, he turned up on his heel and headed for the door with a smirk forming on his lips. He didn't like this, and he was going to make sure that they don't like it either. To bad he needs to leave the house before eating a dessert to accomplish that.

„Glass of flamewhisky, please.“ He leaned on the bar only a minute after entering this place. He decided he disliked the place, even before he came here because he couldn't choose the place for meeting, nor he was thrilled because he needs to meet someone. Someone, he didn't know person's name, gender, anything that could make this easier, and because of that he felt like he was blind. They could simply put the bag on his head and take him wherever they wanted, it would be the same, the only difference was that he came here by himself, so he would be the one to blame if this was some kind of trap, of course if the information he got from Carmen are true, he had no doubt that they are false, though. However, he'll need alcohol to endure this night. „Wait, honey, make it double.“ Adrian smirked as the bartender shoot him with venomous look, and pulled the glass back and went to find the right bottle again. Along with dozens of other bottles, and under poor lighting every bottle looked the same as any other to him, it would be a miracle to find the right one, yet she succeed. He paid and took his glass, glancing only to see if he got the right drink, he is, and started moving through a sea of moving bodies, slowly advancing towards the table number six, that had card that informed all other people that the table is reserved. And empty. Empty. Firstly, he needed to come and meet with someone he never saw before nor he wanted to meet, and now he needed to wait for him? And secondly, he was in a night club, how insane you need to be require to meet someone you never saw in a night club?
This is getting better and better.
Adrian Blanchard
Adrian Blanchard
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Number of posts : 164
Special Abilities : Animagus

Back to top Go down

The Official Encyclopedia of Fiery Drinks Empty Re: The Official Encyclopedia of Fiery Drinks

Post by Beatris Greyback Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:35 pm

She began to curse as soon as she read the letter that brought her gray owl. Of course, who else would get the task of welcoming the new Death Eater? The letter said no more and no less, than that expected her to new arrival nice welcome in a nightclub. NIGHT CLUB? Are you kidding? She bitterly lowered the glass with her drink on the table, threw the letter on the floor and went to the shower. She knew she would be late because for exactly half an hour had to be in the club, but she didn't care. She won't facilitate this to anyone.

She showered quickly than she wanted and marched into the room to get ready. What does she have to wear? Damn, she was sent to the nightclub of all places on earth. It is a long rummaging through the closet looking for appropriate clothing. A bunch of clothes on her bed is increasing every passing moment. Too serious, too casual, too elegant ... Okay, she decided to give up. She will wear the first thing it comes under her arm. She shook her head, laughing to herself. Of course not, the basic rule is that she has to look good. In the end she decided to narrow white dress that barely covered everything. Behold them now, if you want a nineteen year old girl sent to a nightclub to talk to some idiot, she will try to make a great show. She quickly tied her hair in a ponytail, put on makeup, wearing heels and jacket and was ready to go. She looked at the broom that was definitely the fastest means of transport to the club, but quickly gave up because she was wearing a dress. She went down to the living room and picked up the car keys.

The club was dark, stuffy and smelled of too much alcohol. Just the way she expected. She pushed through the crowd to get to the table where she was supposed to meet this new arrival. She came over to the bar. Okay, one drink for relaxation doesn't hurt, right? After she drank her drink on an ex she went to the table number six. Behind him sat an older man, quite handsome, that she had to admit. Well, not old, perhaps mid twenties, but she was already considered him old. Still, she wanted to do this as soon as possible. She improved her dress and went to the table.

"I guess you're the newcomer. I'm sorry I'm late." she looked at him.

"I'm Sophie, I was assigned the task to direct you to all the events and help you to fit in here. Well, welcome, "she laughed force looking at him. Among the DE she's always represented with her middle name and he certainly will not be an exception.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Number of posts : 731
Special Abilities : Occlumency, Legilimency

Back to top Go down

The Official Encyclopedia of Fiery Drinks Empty Re: The Official Encyclopedia of Fiery Drinks

Post by Adrian Blanchard Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:25 pm

Adrian glanced up when a woman approached the table. Well, not the woman, child. He shifted into a more comfortable position not seeing the girl as a threat. She merely graduated, so she probably still hasn't learned how to use her wand, assuming she has one, that is. Adrian took his glass and brought it closer to his lips, scanning her one more time just to see if he noticed every little thing. Yes, she looked extremely harmlessly. For a second he wondered why do London Death Eaters let her join them, it seemed like they were less demanding than Death Eaters in Switzerland, or only less demanding than him since it was his task to find new members. And now she called him 'the newcomer'. Ironically.

He nodded instead of pointing out that he was a member for more than 8 years, so he hardly fit in that group. Yet, if he started mocking about that she'll realise he actually speaks English, and if Carmen followed his instructions she told them nothing about his British origin, so he wanted to play dumb Swiss boy for a little more. If they believed that he doesn't speak English he may hear something useful, something he wouldn't hear the other way. He watched her coldly as she took her seat ignoring her excuse. If she wanted to be here on time she would find a way to make that happen, the same way he made it although he needed to miss few gracious moment with his family to came here on time, he never wanted to do so, but with coming here on tim e he showed some respect, and he expected the same in return. Too bad his expectations were too big, sometimes, usually.

"Are you old enough to be here?" He cocked his head and spoke, carefully separating every word from the previous one, and highlighting German accent he got in the Switzerland. He took a sip to prevent himself from laughing because of how ridiculous he sounded. Putting the glass back on the table, he placed his elbows on firm glass and leaned forward. "Nice meet you, Sofija. Me Julian." He used the same name he always used, it was safer than let anyone to accidentally spill out that famous Swiss Quidditch player Adrian Blanchard is actually a Death Eater, and although some of them knew his real identity he remained Julian until his last day there, and he didn't plan to change it only because he changed his place of residence.
Adrian Blanchard
Adrian Blanchard
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Tue Jun 23, 2015 1:26 pm

If looks could kill a person, it would be done immediately. He watched her as an ordinary kid, the subject of jokes. She won't allow it. She pulled up a chair and sat down, wishing that she would rather now tormented with knives and worst curses than this. With him she must spend three weeks. So apparently takes time to show him everything and help him to adapt. Hell, she didn't know how to stand with him half an hour.

When she heard his question, she smiled sourly wishing to really slap him. She did it in her mind.

"Of course, unlike you, I can still walk without a stick," she said, smiling sweetly.

"I'm glad I met you, Julian," she muttered a barely refraining to correct the name. Her name was Sophie, there was no need to call her Sofija. She didn't even know in which language it's name sounds so.

"Do you understand english well? It's pointless to talk in english if you won't understand a word, of course, " she's looking at him seriously considering this is a complete loss of your time. She spoke a lot of languages, but she was willing to pretend to be a dumb teenager if it will safe her form this job. Moreover, if he deems her frivolous might look for a replacement. It was worth a try. She smiled triumphantly to her idea.

She ordered a drink from the waiter and asked him to inject the pink straw. It will certainly make him think that she is usually brat. Surely she didn't want him to know that she is among the smartest in her generation, and thanks to that and joined the DE. She put her leg over and stupidly watched him twisting a strand of hair around her finger. She hoped that this was enough that he decided to look for a replacement.

"So, dooo youuu speaak eenglish?" she stretched every word  grinning stupidly.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Blanchard Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:04 pm

Adrian watched her with a smirk on his lips. Three weeks, they said. She should follow him for three weeks. Of course, no one asked him if he wanted to be followed so he planned to get rid of her, till the end of the week, but he planned to have some fun before that. "I'm Swiss, not an idiot. I understand English very well, thank you for asking." He failed to mention that he lived in England since he came here as a child till he moved to Switzerland when he was 17. It was true he accepted Swiss citizenship, without their citizenship he couldn't play for their national Quidditch team, but that didn't mean he was less British because of that.

He ignored her childish comment about walking stick, if she wants to make him angry she might want to try harder, but what else could he expect from a child? Adrian wasn't sure what is she trying to accomplish but he was sure he won't let her to succeed in that, only so he can't see satisfied expression on her face. "Why are we here?" He asked while he studied his nails with mask of indifference on his face. His blue eyes seemed light grey as he scanned the room one more time. No one looked twice in their direction but he couldn't get rid of a feeling of being watched. "People.. Potential witnesses are everywhere, anyone could hear us." He gazed at Sofija's face with unreadable face expression. "Unless... That's what you want, Sofija." Blanchard smirked again.
Adrian Blanchard
Adrian Blanchard
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:50 pm

"No one is trying to call you an idiot," she rolled her eyes as angrily.
"Please, my name is Sophie, not Sofija.Do I need to spell it out for you? "She looked at him visibly annoyed.

"Why are we here, I know as much as you. Of course I would rather chose a different location for the meeting, provided that I want to get to know you, of course. "She leaned over a stray lock of hair from the face and continued," An hour ago I received an owl with the address where we should meet. There is nobody to hear what the details because we will pass with the time, this was a clear introduction, "she realized that sounds too serious, for a moment she forgot her mask silly teenager.

She watched him with obvious hate. He condemned her. He didn't know how old she is not nothing, but it was not a problem to call her a child. Moreover, he laughed at her. She hoped that this meeting will be done as soon as possible so that she can go. She hated him, before she even came to know him.

However, she watched him for a while. He looked angry, probably because he thought that the child will introduce him in the DE. Further, he dressed nice, he was clearly someone who is quite used charm, except when she comes to course. She rolled her eyes at her thoughts and continued to look at him, waiting, or to ask a specific question or to let her go.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Blanchard Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:06 pm

(OOC. Forget it, I'll never stop calling her Sofija, I told you that even before you chose that name. Razz)

"Um, sure." He replied but his voice revealed that he's not buying it. He grinned to her proud that he made her angry in such a little time, he wasn't surprised, though, he always knew how to piss people off, it was that easy, but well some people knew to sing, dance, or write beautifully, and Adrian Blanchard knew how to irritate people, and sometimes played Quidditch incredibly well. Every person have some kind of talent, right? His first talent kept him amused, and the second one paid his bills. It could be worse than that. "I heard you earlier. And I know how to spell it. S-O-P-H-I-E - Sofija." He shrugged. "I know how to write it, too." Adrian smiled proudly. "I went to Ho..School to." Damn it. He almost said Hogwarts, almost. He slid his hand through his hair unconsciously. He was a second away from ruining his cover story. Blanchard, he warned himself in his mind, you need to be careful.

He reached for a glass. Hot liquid burned his throat but he ignored that, after the last drop of firewhiskey vanished from the glass, he returned the glass on the table and leaned back watching her. Adrian picked up with his tongue every last drop of the whiskey that's left on his lips. "How old are you?" He curiously arched a brow. The picture of the twins flashed in his mind as he wondered was she going to Hogwarts with those two little monster. Adrian shook his head and chuckled. "Never mind, actually. Come on, we need to get going." He raised up and threw a few bills on the table, enough to pay the drink and to leave nice tip for the bartender, and started walking toward the exit not checking is she following him. If he read her well, she will follow him, to find out what he planned at least, and he assumed there's one long walk that waits for them so why spend his energy on checking if she follows him. If she isn't he'll find that out soon enough, anyways.
Adrian Blanchard
Adrian Blanchard
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:51 pm

She sighed angrily. From her handbag she took out a pen and paper. She's probably the only girl who wore it always, but now has proved that it can take at every opportunity. She wrote SOPHIE and SOPHIA below that and showed him.

"You see? This first is my name." She pointed to the first word written on paper. "But this is what you pronounce" showed a different name. She hoped that he will really understand, Sofija it is very annoying.

She heard his stammer about school. Of course, he went to Hogwarts. However, she only smiles and suppressed it. She will check all guaranteed.

She frowned at his question. "You know, it's not polite to ask a girl for age, but you probably don't know that," she sneered smiled. Although he said it was irrelevant however responded. "I have nineteen, you must be shocked," she rolled her eyes.

Suddenly he got up and went. What he expected she would follow him around like a puppy? He can only dream about it. Resolutely she remained seated for a while, and then she remembered the letter. Don't make him angry, make he feel nice ... She got up and ran after him the best she can in high heels. She caught up with him and quickly grabbed him by the arm so she won't lose him in the crowd. "Wait for me, I see no reason to hurry," again rolled her eyes.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Blanchard Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:04 pm

"Actually, you're wrong. Sofija has letter J in it." Adrian grinned and put his hands behind his head. "You should get used to it." He added. Since he already succeed in getting her angry he didn't plan on doing that again, once is enough. However that didn't mean he'll stop calling her Sofija, the look on his face when she's not happy was too amusing for him to stop.

Adrian smiled. "Nah, I know it's not polite, I just don't care, I'll ask anyway." Nineteen. She's younger than he predicted, about four years younger then his sister, and that would make her six years younger than him, so it wasn't likely she could remember him from Hogwarts, and she couldn't learn his real name unless she's a big Quidditch fan, but she doesn't look like one. His true identity is secure for now.

He waited for her outside the door. The night was that chilly he almost regretted he forget his jacket at home, and although he was near his house, and could easily go and get the jacket, he didn't plan to do it. His mother would be thrilled if he came home and bring Sofija with him, it's not like he could leave her here since he needs her. She could ask them if Sophie and he decided when they want to marry each other, no matter how much Adrian loved his mother, that wasn't a dialogue he wanted to take a part in, as well as listen one more 'You need to marry, son' speech, he already heard plenty of those. Besides that, Sofija doesn't need to know where he lives, he could tell her his name was Adrian Davon Blanchard, cause he couldn't exactly tell his family to call him Julian without needing to share some answers when Sofija's gone.

He pulled a cigarette from the packet and placed it between his lips when Sofija came.
"Want one?" He offered her, then took his wand and touched the tip of cigarette, second later, he put the wand in his pocket, inhaled and removed the cigarette from his mouth. Exhaling , he watched silvery smoke until it disappear then turned to face Sofija. "Mind walking towards the D'Eath mansion?" He raised a brow.
Adrian Blanchard
Adrian Blanchard
Ravenclaw Graduate
Ravenclaw Graduate

Back to top Go down

Post by Beatris Greyback Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:16 pm

"MY NAME IS SOPHIE" she said it almost shouting. She felt the blood rushing to her cheeks and she knew that she was probably red as peppers. And he looked so pleased that managed to upset she that he could not wait off the smile from his face. Gladly would she slapped him, and to see if it's funny.
She watched him for a while. He looked knowledge. Moreover, he resembled to one player Quidditch, she don't know his name. It was the period when she fell in love with a big fan so she pretended to like that meaningless sport.

"Well, there you asked. How old are you, grandpa? "She cocked her head and looked at him with amusement, waiting for an answer. She went out and cold air is whipped her shoulders. Okay, short dress that does not cover almost anything was not the best idea she ever had. Now she would really like to have a jacket. When he offered a cigar she shook her head in disgust, "I don't smoke, thank you." Great. Now she will smell like cigarette smoke.

The best she could conceal his displeasure. Doesn't he have mercy? He had not seen her heels which kill every human being? "Sure, why not," she laughed and headed for the mansion.
Beatris Greyback
Beatris Greyback
Slytherin Graduate
Slytherin Graduate

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top