Welcome to Potter’s Army

Potter’s Army is a roleplaying site that's been up and running since 2007. We pride ourselves on fostering a welcoming and helpful community where all levels of writers are accepted.

In this alternate universe, Lord Voldemort is dead, but so is Harry Potter. Factions continue to fight, Hogwarts educates the next generation of witches and wizards, and the Ministry of Magic does its best to hold everything together.

It is 2030 in the Wizarding World

Help us get new members by voting below

Honeydukes Topsites Top 50 RPGs Top RPG Sites
Word Counter

words: 0

View previous topicGo downView next topic
Hufflepuff Graduate
Hufflepuff Graduate
Li Lianjie
34 : Alumnus
NoneMartial Artist
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Jess

View user profile

Lianjie, Li

on Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:22 pm

Li Lianjie
______________________________________________________________________________________

------------------------------------------------------------
INTRODUCTION

FULL NAME: Li Lianjie

NICKNAMES: Lan

ALLEGIANCE:  Neutral

HOGWARTS HOUSE: Huffelpuff

CLASSES: N/A

WAND: Japanese cherry wood with carved dragon wrapped around the handle, inlayed with mother of pearl,phoenix tail feather core, 12 inches, slightly flexible.  

PLAY BY: Jet Li

APPEARANCE

HAIR COLOUR: Dark Brown

EYE COLOUR: Dark Brown

COMPARATIVE HEIGHT: 1.68m

BODY BUILD: Thou he looks thin in appearance, with his loose fitting clothes, in actual fact he is quite toned under that façade due to the exercise and activity he does in regards his martial arts training. He is not a tall man but he makes up for it in how he moves and thinks

GENERAL APPEARANCE:
He Wears for formal meetings a traditional Japanese outfit called a Kamishimo in black. Once he is sure that things are less formal he wears jeans and a black tee shirt with a pair of soft soled shoes. He finds they make hardly any noise also added to the fact of his own training and stealth it makes it difficult for any one to know where he is.

PERSONALITY

TRAITS:

[*]loyal

[*]Sincere

[*]Conscientious

[*]Dependable

[*]Faithful

[*]Western coffee

[*]Fresh fish

[*]Cooking

DISLIKES:

[*]Abusive men or women

[*]Alcohol

[*]A good herb garden

GOALS:

[*]To survive life

[*]Samma sankappa: Right thinking; To follow the right path in life.

[*]Develop his mind is the path to wisdom which in turn lead to his personal freedom.

[*]Mental development also strengthens and controls our mind; this helps him maintain good conduct.

HABITS & QUIRKS:

[*]Prefers to mediate rather than sleep

[*]Likes western coffee

[*]listens rather than talking most of the time.

[*]Prefers not to kill if he can uses pressure points to immobilize the assailant

BOGGART:

[*]Failing his employer

[*]Failing his family

[*]Casing the death of some one in his care.

PATRONUS: Being taken in by the monks and given his first robe.

DEMENTOR: Walking alone at the age of eleven after the orphanage to head to Hogwarts school having out grown the orphanage.

VERITASERUM:
He greatly admires Robert Lupin for his dedication to his duty and his family and his strong will to stand up to those who would attack and put him down.

MIRROR OF ERISED: Eating Ice cream for the first time.

PERSONALITY:
He is a quiet, sensible, methodical man yet can be fun when there's no work, which is not that often as he prefers to serve others than be served on. He is quick with his reflexes and to learn from others. He respects those in authority but only if they are worth it. There have been others that have had positions of authority that were bad to the bone. He does not respect them and thinks them less than a human.    

FAMILY & POSSESSIONS

FATHER:
UNKNOWN
MOTHER:
Zhang Feng Lan
SIBLING/S:
NONE
OTHER: NONE
BLOOD STATUS:  Half Blood

SPECIES: Human

SOCIAL STATUS:  Middle Class

PET/S:
none

OTHER POSSESSIONS:  A jade bracelet that he never takes off and a jade neklace in the shape of a dragon clutching its tail.

CHARACTER HISTORY

EARLY YEARS:
Born in Tokyo, Japan, His father died when he was two years old, leaving the family struggling. He was spotted and caught by a monk stealing food one day. The monk asked him why he had stolen and to what perpose it would end. Li told him it was to servive, but the monk told him that it would only see him servive for one day and he needed to servive for a life, that was when he took him to the Orphanage run by them.

While there he would on several occasions fight the older boys, always coming off worst but never backing down and it was always with good reason, once there was a younger girl who had her doll taken he got it back but the boy who took it. A monk saw him and took him under his wing teaching him the sport of wushu along with his other schooling and teaching him to read and write english.

Then one day he left the orphanage at the age of 11 years old as he recived his letter.  Traveling the world at a young age he learned diferent langages and cultures along the way, but he never forgot the teachings of the monks as he made his way to the school the best way he could.

HOGWARTS YEARS:
Once there he learned all about and how to control magic, he also suring the holidays studied other martial arts, including Baguazhang or Eight trigram palm, Taijiquan or Supreme ultimate fist, Xingyiquan or Shape intent fist, Zuiquan or Drunken fist, Yingzhaoquan or Eagle claw fist and Tanglangquan also known as Praying mantis fist. He has also studied some of wushu's main weapons, such Sanjiegun also known as Three section staff, Gun, Dao or Broadsword and Jian or Straight sword.

He during classes was and could be found at the back of the class his back always against the wall listening and making notes though he did have a good memory. He played some pranks, like making a drink of a professor change from tea to whiskey, Also placing toads in a professors bag. But they were never attributed to him as they could never prove it had been him that did it.other than that he was a model student. He was good at Defense against the dark arts and had an unushal aptitude for Charm and hexs finding them east to break and detect.
ADULTHOOD:

Once Hogwarts was done he returned to Japan and finished his training learning kyūsho the art of knowing an area on the human body that may produce significant pain or other effects when manipulated in a specific manner. He then joined the police and quickly rose through the ranks until several years later he became a Public security intelligence officer and was best of the best at what he did. He always got his man or woman.

He never killed but did immobilise several as he knew about pressure points or kyūsho. It was while working he was approached by a man who identified himself as Lee, he worked for a secret organisation. Li listened and agreed to join but asked if he could stay in Japan as a Public security intelligence officer until needed. Lee agreed and gave him an adress in Paris , he told him that when called he was to head to it first.

OUT OF CHARACTER
[size=11]
ALSO KNOWN AS: Jessica Darkangel

RP EXPERIENCE: 6 years

HOW YOU FOUND US: Member

MAIN CHARACTER: Jessica Darkangel

CHARACTER PURPOSE: To add extra challange to my rp.

RP SAMPLE:
At least one paragraph - skip if you have another character

Last edited by Li Lianjie on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:41 am; edited 4 times in total
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate
Khaat Lupin
40 : Alumnus
NoneDirector
St Mungo's
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Khaat

View user profile

Re: Lianjie, Li

on Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:30 am
Jess, I like him so far, but I'm hoping you finish him soon. As you know, we allow 2 weeks for an app, and you're at your two weeks. I can give you a few more days, but if you can't get to him soon, I'll need to put him into storage until you get to finish him.

K.

Li Lianjie
NoneMartial Artist
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Jess

View user profile

on Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:32 pm
thank you I almost have him done and will work on him more right now a few more days is all I need but thank you for the heads up I didn't realize I'd taken so long.
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate
Khaat Lupin
NoneDirector
St Mungo's
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Khaat

View user profile

on Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:28 am
help me a little here. i'm confused.  you say he was born in china. but some of the clothing, studies, etc. are japanese.  you mention him returning to Japan, but i don't see where he ever went to Japan in the first place.  the blending of two different Asian cultures is fine if the timeline makes sense. i'm not sure how he ended up at Hogwarts somewhere in the middle of that and why he ended up there. so can you please clarify his timeline, please?  

thanks!

Li Lianjie
NoneMartial Artist
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Jess

View user profile

on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:00 am
Okay, I edited I hope it makes sense now
Gryffindor Graduate
Gryffindor Graduate
Khaat Lupin
NoneDirector
St Mungo's
HalfbloodHuman
profileplotter
shippertracker
Khaat

View user profile

on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:51 am
ok.  he makes a lot more sense to me now.  much better. thanks for being patient with me.

accepted and sorted to grads!

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum